Six

Lee Junho, My Wife

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ7Uo2xOsi0&feature=related

 

Wha...at?” Junho's mouth dropped open as he stared at the screen. Jangsook grinned from ear to ear. He laughed and jumped off the couch to preform a dance of victory. “This...isn't possible! I demand a..revenge!” Junho shouted in denial. Jangsook stuck his tongue out at him and grabbed the controller.

Okay ahjusshi! Let's battle again!” he agreed, resetting the game. Junho huffed and fell back into the couch. He would not admit defeat until he won.

 

Kyungmi smiled as she softly hummed a lost tune to herself. She carefully mixed the soup as she rushed towards the counter, continuing to chop some vegetables. The fresh aroma of her dishes wafted through the air; quietly finding its way to the boys' stomachs.

 

Yeobo~!!! Hurry!” Junho shouted from the living room, yet he remained focused on the game. Kyungmi giggled and checked to see if the rice was done; it was. She smiled in accomplishment and hurried to set up the table. Although, half her mind was off somewhere else.

 

Oh!” she gasped as she dropped a plate. The porcelain dish shattered onto the floor; its remains scattering around her feet. The sound of guns halted from there.

 

Noona?” Jangsook rushed into the room but was stopped by Junho's hand. He pulled the boy back at a safe distance. “Where's the broom?” he asked. Kyungmi pointed over to a closet opposite of her. Junho got to work and quickly cleaned up the mess. “Gwenchanna?” he asked, helping her to the living room. Jangsook followed like a lost puppy. He frantically looked back at the site of the accident; afraid that he might find blood somewhere. Kyungmi shook her head.

 

I-I'm fine,” she mumbled softly. “Come on, let's eat! You guys must be starving!” she added, reclaiming herself. Junho watched with concern as she led Jangsook to the table. He happily took the seat beside her as Kyungmi gave him his own pair of chopsticks. “Coming?” Kyungmi asked, glancing over at Junho. He snapped from his reverie and joined the two, sitting directly opposite of Kyungmi.

Let's eat!” Jangsook exclaimed, feeling more starved than before. The others laughed.

 

Kid,” Junho noted warily. Kyungmi's eyes sparkled as she looked over at Jangsook. “Bhfo?” he said before swallowing the food in his mouth. Junho looked away in mock disgust. “You eat too much, y'know? And you're so skinny. . .When was the last time you ate?” he questioned. Jangsook fell silent. Kyungmi kicked Junho's leg from beneath the table. He stared at her, but Kyungmi didn't meet his gaze.

 

Do you like noona's cooking?” she asked. Jangsook nodded his head. Kyungmi grinned. “Well then that's all I need to know! Junho, just leave him alone. It's not like you're better off,” she commented, earning a snicker from Jangsook. Junho frowned and looked down at his plate. He hadn't eaten that much. . .yet.

 

. . . . . .

 

With the sound of water running, Junho decided to check on Kyungmi. He found her in the guest bedroom, fixing the bed even if it was already neat in the first place.

 

You're growing old,” he stated, wrapping his arms around her waist. Kyungmi turned around and pouted. “Says the ahjusshi,” she said, mimicking Jangsook. Junho rolled his eyes and stole a kiss from her. Kyungmi's heart seemed to fail her again as it skipped two beats. “Stop,” she hissed, looking at the door. Junho shrugged and continued to suffocate her with more kisses. Kyungmi was this close to losing contact with the world; and her self-control to resist. “Oppa!” she said, a bit more louder. Junho presumed ignoring her. She frowned.

 

Lee Junho.” she said in a lethal tone. He stopped.

 

Come on, just this night?” he pleaded. Kyungmi fought the urge to fall into the those sweet, adoring eyes of his and looked away with a light shake of her head. “N-no, not today oppa. Anyway, Jangsook's here.” she said, putting her foot done – metaphorically of course. Junho let out a sigh and let go of Kyungmi. “Fine, just don't make me the forty-year-old ,” he fummed. She smiled victoriously and grabbed the pair of clothes and threw them at Junho. He caught it with a raise with his hand and dragged his feet out the room. Kyungmi giggled, he was such a kid.

 

. . . . .

 

Can you sleep with me noona?” Jangsook shyly asked. Kyungmi paused at the doorway, hesitation taking over her. She would gladly have loved to stay by his side, watch his peaceful face and his chest rise up and down in content. But surely Junho would disapprove of this. She had, after all, promised that the two of them would sleep together – without any interference. (-cough-Junsu-cough-).

 

How about, I'll stay here until you fall asleep? Sound like a deal?” she offered. Jangsook pouted, but nonetheless agreed. Kyungmi smiled and skipped towards his bedside. She grabbed a nearby chair and sat in it. Jangsook watched with keen interest on what her next move would be.


“I'm guessing you want a bedtime story or lullaby, right?” Kyungmi asked, unsure of how to act. She really wasn't experienced in putting children to sleep. Jangsook chuckled and patted the big space next to him. “Please?” he asked, using puppy dog eyes. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip as she claimed the spot he left for her. Curse those eyes, she thought, snuggling under the covers. Jangsook grinned and hugged my arm with his two, scrawny ones. Kyungmi sighed and turned off the lights. “'Night Jangsook,” she whispered, kissing him on the forehead. His response was the sound of soft snoring.

 

Kyungmi?” the light of the hallway streamed through the darkness of the room. Junho stood in the doorway, clearly upset. Kyungmi gave him an apologetic smile. “Sorry?” she said. Junho shook his head and walked towards her. Kyungmi closed her eyes, preparing for the worst.

 

I'm not angry,” Junho said quietly. Kyungmi opened her eyes to see his familiar smile. Clearly, it didn't reach up to his eyes. “Sorry Junho, I just...he,” she was silenced with a kiss. He, of course, got what he wanted, and Kyungmi's worries seemed to disperse. The only thing she really had to focus on was remembering how to inhale and exhale. Junho's lips remained there, soft and smooth and gentle, until a sudden movement on the side caused them to abruptly end the wondrous moment.

 

Junho sighed and gave Kyungmi one more kiss on the head. “Sweet dreams,” he mumbled before departing from her. Kyungmi waited until she heard the door close before sighing herself. The spot where Junho was, felt cold now. It was if he took the warmth with him. Although, how was it possible? For a normal person to be able to take her breath away? Increase her heartbeat? Make her want to devote every single second of her life to them? She shook her head from these corny yet truthful thoughts. But then again, she recounted. Junho wasn't you average man. He was everything but normal. Kyungmi smiled contently, knowing that she couldn't ask for more in her life. Not while he was around. Jangsook's sudden abnormal breathing caught her attention, and she blindly put a hand on his cheek. Softly caressing it, she kissed his cheek and waited to hear the steady snoring again. Minutes alter, it returned, and Kyungmi fell asleep herself.

 

. . . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLEl3RUROls&feature=related

 

Mmm...” Kyungmi rolled off to the side as she rose awake from dream land. It was the most blissful place she could ever come from, but it had to just come to an end. “Noona!” Kyungmi's eyes flew open at the sound of the voice as she fell to the floor. She groaned as she rubbed her bum.

 

Omo, I should be more careful next time.” she said to herself. Jangsook watched her from the edge of the bed. “Good morning to you too noona~!” he chuckled. Kyungmi rolled her eyes yet smiled back. “All right, time to look for your mom again!” she exclaimed, jumping to her feet. She walked over to a pair of wooden doors and slid one open.

 

Here, you can wear this. It used to be mine when I was little, don't know why I kept it, but it should fit you.” she said, throwing him the pair of boyish looking clothes. Jangsook thankfully caught them and bowed. “Thank you for taking care of me noona,” he said. Kyungmi's face softened as she gave the boy a small hug. “You're welcome, now go. Get changed and I'll be out in the kitchen making breakfast, araso?” she said. He nodded his head, and together, the two set off to their rightful duties.

 

Oppa?” Kyungmi peered inside her room to see no one. Some part of her fell as she walked inside. She could still smell the faint cologne Junho always used. The bed was neatly made, almost looked like it was untouched. She ran a hand on the covers, feeling a wave of nostalgia hit her. She shook it off as she reached for the note on the bed.

 

Kyungmi,

 

Schedule starts early today. Sorry I can't be there to help you look for his mom. I'll try to come home early, araso? Take care till then. Don't forget to eat your meals! I've noticed you skipping them for a while. . .So eat! I'd rather have you chubby than starve yourself to death!

 

-Junho

 

Kyungmi smiled and stored the note away under her pillow. She grabbed a pair of jeans and shirt before heading off to her own bathroom. She quickly brushed her teeth and such as she pulled on her clothes before rushing to the kitchen. There, she whipped out two bowls and poured them with milk and cereal. When she reached the living room, Jangsook was all ready there waiting.

 

Did I take long?” she asked, handing him his bowl. He shook his head as Kyungmi flipped the Tv on. She handed the remote to Jangsook. “Go ahead, you pick.” she said before shoving a spoonful of food into . Jangsook nodded and had chosen Spongebob to watch. When the show ended, Kyungmi took the bowls and dropped them into the sink; she'd wash them later.

 

Come on, we'll drop by my work place first before we look. I have to cancel my class today,” she said, grabbing his hand and leading him out.

 

. . . . . .

 

How long have you two kept this a secret?!” Aae Li shrieked, gawking at Jangsook. She had assumed Jangsook was Kyungmi's and Junho's child. Kyungmi rolled her eyes as she pushed the boy behind her. Jaejin sighed and pulled her away from him. Changmin shook his head. “Sorry about her kid, she's just slightly insane.” he admitted. Jangsook timidly nodded his head. Kyungmi smiled.


“Anyway, onto important matters, can I talk to you in private Changmin?” she asked. He shrugged and led her outside the studio. “Stay here, okay Jangsook?” Kyungmi called over her shoulder. Jangsook merely looked over at Aae Li who was fumming over something in the corner. Jaejin met his stare and beckoned him over. Kyungmi left without another word, she could trust Jaejin with him.

 

So what do you want to talk about?” Changmin asked, and Kyungmi burst into a full explanation about Jangsook. Changmin remained silent the whole time, digesting every bit of information in. When Kyungmi finished her story, Changmin reached in his pocket for his cellphone.

 

Dad?” he said, and Kyungmi decided to wait in the sidelines until he was finished.

 

Did you find out anything Changmin?” a voice purred on the other end.

 

Yeah, Kyungmi, my friend, found this kid named Jangsook out in the park yesterday. . .He lost his mother,” Changmin explained.

 

Soonhye smirked on the other end.

 

Brilliant. And you two are alone, I assume?” she asked. Changmin answered with a 'yes'.

 

Knock her out.” Soonhye commanded before hanging up. Changmin shoved his phone back in his jean pocket. Kyungmi looked up with expectant eyes.

 

What did your dad say?” she asked. Changmin smiled. “Someone did call in a missing person report,” he answered. Kyungmi beamed. “That's great! Then what are we waiting for, let's - “ but her sentence was never finished. With a quick, fluent movement, Changmin had knocked Kyungmi out cold. He caught her unconscious form in his arms. “Mianhe,” he said without a trace of sincerity in his voice.  


 

Don't say I didn't warn you about Soonhye...