Five

Lee Junho, My Wife

 

 

H-hmmm?” Kyungmi stirred in her sleep. She was still in a deep slumber, dreaming of days that were yet to come. And although she had momentarily forgotten what had happened earlier, she didn't care to wake up and remember.

 

Jangsook reverently glanced over at the tall man beside him. He didn't trust this so-called Junho. He didn't like him at all. He obviously was too much a reminder of his own father. They had the same name and eyes – it just didn't sit right with the boy.

 

What?” Junho mumbled, looking over at the tiny boy. He easily towered over him by more than five feet, yet Jangsook didn't seem one bit frightened of him. Jangsook shrugged and continued prodding Kyungmi with his tiny hands. “Noona, wake up. It stopped raining all ready,” he whined. He was growing impatient. But weren't all boys like that?

 

H-huh?” It was if the heavens above had heard the boy's plea. She opened her eyes and slowly sat up. A smile tugged on her lips as she caught sight of the boys standing before her. “Morning~” she said, an aloof tone mixing with her sing-song voice. Junho smiled back and helped her up.

 

The rain stopped, we can go look for his mother again.” he announced. Kyungmi looked down at Jangsook who timidly shuffled his feet under the couple's gaze. She nodded her head and bent down to his level.

 

So where was the last time you say her?” she asked. Jangsook shrugged. “I..don't know.” he hesitantly replied. Kyungmi mentally sighed; that wasn't much to work with. “All right, we still have time before it gets dark. So let's continue looking for her, araso?” she smiled, offering her hand. Jangsook gladly took it. Junho frowned though, something wasn't right. He gently pulled Kyungmi away from the boy.

 

Hey,” he whispered, afraid that Jangsook's ears might pick up their conversation. “What if. . .we don't find his mom? What do we do then?” he worriedly asked. Kyungmi bit her bottom lip, immersing herself into her own thoughts. What would they do? Well, they could always report him to the police...But she didn't think Jangsook would have a pleasant time hanging out with a bunch of cops.

 

He'll stay over at my place, and tomorrow we'll just look for his mom again. Besides, one of my friends has a dad that works in the police department. I'll just give him a call to see if a little boy has gone missing.” she let out a sigh. “We will, find his mom right Junho? I'm scared for him. . .” she admitted. Junho nodded his head and kissed the crease on her forehead. “Everything will be fine,” he comforted.

 

. . . . .

 

Chocolate or vanilla?” Junho asked, they had stopped for a snack. Jangsook shook his head furiously. Junho frowned. “What do you want then?” he questioned, trying to keep his cool. As much as he tried to be nice to the kid, Jangsook just kept getting bitter and ruder to Junho. Even now, he began to wonder how he even felt parental about him earlier on. . .“Strawberry.” he answered.

Junho looked at him skeptically.

 

Strawberry?” he gave the word more syllables than needed. He restrained a laugh and settled with a chuckle. “Strawberry?” he repeated. Jangsook nodded his head, growing annoyed with Junho's act.

 

What's the problem with strawberry, eh, ahjusshi?” he asked, hinting a home run. Junho hated it when Jangsook called him that.

 

First of all, I'm not that old. And second, strawberry?” this time he laughed. “Kid, that flavor comes in the color pink. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't see a lot of boys walking around with pink ice-cream in their hands. Not to mention having it smeared all over their face,” he added. Jangsook shrugged.

 

I want strawberry though!” he complained. Junho sighed and complied with the order. He bought one strawberry ice-cream in a cone and gave it to the boy. He refused it. “What? I thought you wanted strawberry.” Junho said, confused. Jangsook shook his head. “It's for you.” he merely answered before walking after Kyungmi. Junho stood there, dumbfounded. He could just remember Jaebum's 'lesson' about this.

 

Chansung! What did I tell you?! Never eat pink ice-cream!” Jay scolded. Chansung shrugged. “What's wrong with strawberry?” he asked. Jay shook his head, like he was the only one sane in the house. “Strawberry..defines weakness. And love...which is only for girls, and...boys usually eat WHITE/VANILLA ice-cream.” he put a lot of emphasis on the two words, but neither Chansung nor Junho got it. But really, could you blame them? That logicality only existed in minds such as Jay's. “That may be true, but hyung, I don't get it.” he cut in. Jay stared at him in disbelief. “It's white. Must I elaborate any further?” he sighed. “You'll get it one day,” and then an evil smirk popped onto his face. “Especially when you and Kyungmi take it to the next level~!” he added, flashing the man a wink.

 

Junho shuddered at his hyung's words. He had such a...dirty mind. It wasn't even PG-13 anymore!

Yah! Kyungmi!” he shouted, running towards his girl. He had to replace that flashback with different thoughts – fast. She whipped around, holding a puppy in her arms.

 

Oppa! Look at Jangsook's pet puppy! Isn't it cute?!” she cooed, running a hand through its fine fur. Junho backed a step away. “You, have a pet?” he asked. Jangsook nodded his head. “His name is..Prince Cutey Star Alienologist!” he answered happily. Junho nodded his head, unsure how to reply to that.But he was pretty sure that he was glad he didn't and would never have the chance to give it walks in the morning. He could only imagine the weird stares he would receive if he was running after the dog.

 

Aw, noona! It's getting dark!” Jangsook complained. Kyungmi looked up at the sky to see that he was correct. “You're right,” she sighed. “Okay, well we can't continue looking for your mother at this rate. So,” she faced Jangsook. “Do you want to go home with me so we can look tomorrow? Or do you feel safer if we take you to the police? They could help us better, and possibly find a way to contact your mom.” she said. Jangsook instantly shook his head after hearing the second option. “I like the first one better, I get to hang out with noona more~!” he said, preforming some aegyo. Kyungmi smiled at this and pulled him into a literally breath-taking hug.

 

Ugh, noona!” he exclaimed, struggling to get out of her hug; even Prince Cutey Star Alienologist yapped in agreement. She giggled and let the two go. She stood up and grabbed Junho's hand.

 

Come on oppa~! This is going to be fun! Just like a sleepover!” she exclaimed in glee. Junho smiled back; but still, something didn't feel right.


 

I don't like this chapter. . .because it's lacking in lots of things; but hopefully you guys will understand that this chapter is essential in order for you to understand the upcoming events. . .