Chapter..___?

Lee Junho, My Wife

This will hopefully give you guys a hint of what the new storyline will be like...and hopefully, it will stray away from all that suspenseful drama...


Kyungmi gasped as she woke from her dream. Or nightmare. She frowned and sat up, slightly disturbed that Soonhye was back to haunting her life. She stared at the darkness surrounding her and glanced at the sleeping Jangsook. No, it would be impossible for him to be related to such a witch such as her old high school rival. Kyungmi sighed and kissed his cheek before rising out of bed. She fixed the sheets over him before leaving the bedroom. She entered hers quietly, but was surprised to see Junho laying in her bed and staring blankly at the ceiling above him. His eyes flickered over at her, and Kyungmi could have sworn that she had seen a spark in them. She smiled and sat at the end of the bed.

“Couldn’t sleep?” she asked. She made sure to keep her eyes from wavering towards the topless Junho and on somewhere else – particularly the magazine that was carelessly discarded onto the floor. She bent down and picked it up. She felt Junho’s weight shift towards her side.

 

“Honestly, no. You?” he replied. Kyungmi chanced a glance at him and leaned in. Junho smirked, but instead of getting what he expected, Kyungmi threw the magazine at his face – he quickly swatted it away in surprise.

 

“What the heck was that for?!” exclaimed Junho. He propped himself up on his two elbows and stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

Kyungmi rolled her eyes and flicked him on the forehead. Junho recoiled back in pain. “How many times must I tell you to always put things back where you found them? You do know how organized I like to, am I not correct?” she raged.

 

Junho stuck his tongue out in response and picked up the magazine. Sitting up, he expertly threw it at the cute, yellow recycle can next to her desk. Kyungmi gaped at him. “There, it’s where it belongs.” He stated, rather happily.

Kyungmi scowled and pushed him away. “Oppa!” she hissed, careful not to wake up the sleeping child across of them. “That was the latest issue of Star K!” she said. It was Junho’s turn to shrug as he pulled her down – right next to him. “Yes, but who cares? Do you know what’s the main theme in that issue? The hottest K-pop Idols of the year. Now would you like it if I kept a copy of a magazine that featured tons of half girls in every single page?” he said. Kyungmi  glared at him and sat up. “Well for your sake, I hope you don’t.” she stated. Junho chuckled and wrapped his arms around her waist – successfully pulling her down again. “Have I ever told you that I loved you?” he mused. Kyungmi pressed her forehead against his chest and listened to his heart beat. She closed her eyes in content. They needed to have more times like these.

“Not enough.”

 

To say that their relationship was perfect, would be a lie. Kyungmi sighed for the millionth time that morning as she washed Junho rush in and out of the kitchen. If she had to put up with his consistent “short term memory loss”, then she would murder herself. How could he forget that today he had to take a quick plane ride to Japan?! She looked over at Jangsook who was munching his cereal in content. Although he was trying his best to hide the amusement on his face, it was very evident by the trembling shoulders.

 

“Jangsook, I hope you learn a lesson from this.” She seethed. Jangsook almost choked on his cereal as the laughter erupted from him like a volcano. “What lesson? That I should never stay up late to spend time with my girlfriend and forget that I have a interview all the way in Japan? I’ll keep that in mind when I decide to become an idol, noona.” He snickered. Junsu caught this last tidbit of a sentence and shot the little boy a glare. “I’ll deal with you later. Good luck, love.” He said, hurriedly kissing Kyungmi’s cheek before rushing out the door. Jangsook sighed and put the empty bowl in the sink.

 

“Gwenchanna?” asked Kyungmi. Jangsook shook his head and said, “I just miss my mom.” Kyungmi frowned and kneeled down. She opened her arms and Jangsook ran into them as he choked back his tears. “Don’t worry, we’ll find her soon.” Kyungmi whispered consolingly into his ear. Then she let go and grabbed her bag from the counter. “Alright, you have a choice. We go to the park and continue looking, or we go to my friend whose dad is a police and can help us without to much quarrel with the actual local police department. You choose.” She said. Jangsook, without hesitation, chose the latter one and the two were off.  Kyungmi raced through the high way at an amazing speed, and before the frightened boy knew it – they were at her dance studio.

 

“Hello?” she called out.

 

A blur passed by her before she was tackled into a hug by Aae Li. She almost squeezed the life out of her before letting go with a tearful look. She glared behind her at the two boys leaning on either side of the hallway, before turning back at Kyungmi.

 

“Those two are such jerks! They are complete nut jobs that need help! They’ve wrestled me, and- and, they took my drink away!” she cried. Kyungmi awkwardly glanced at Jangsook who looked back with a shrug. He whirled his pointer finger around the side of his side and pointed at Aae Li after. This went noticed by Changmin and Jaejin as they let out a snicker in response.

“Er, well…It’s alright?” Kyungmi replied unsurely. Aae Li glared at her as she stomped away. “No one will ever understand!” she yelled through the empty building. When she was obviously gone, Jangsook was the first to speak. “Will she be alright?” he asked, causing the other two men to burst into laughter.


“Never in my whole life has she been alright, kid.” Jaejin spoke. He patted Jangsook’s head before turning to Kyungmi. “Anything we can help you with? You don’t usually come here this early unless you have a request.” He said rather bluntly. Kyungmi refrained from punching him in the gut and looked at Changmin. Erasing last night’s nightmare, she flashed him a smile.

 

“Think you can call up your dad and see if there’s been a recent missing child report? Jangsook here got lost in the park and I took him in for the night.” She stated. Changmin, always beaming with silence, just nodded his head and left to make the required phone call. Jaejin looked at Jangsook before returning his gaze at Kyungmi.

 

“So..?” he let his voice trail off, knowing well that Kyungmi would know where he was going off to. She sighed and shook her head. “No, for the last time, N-O.” she said. Jangsook looked up in curiosity. “What no?” he asked.  Jaejin sighed this time and decided he would reply. “Kyungmi won’t teach me how to drive, and I’m too old to be going to driving school so I need her help, which she refuses to lend to me!” he said exasperatedly. Jangsook nodded his head, and it became obvious to the woman that he was holding back a retort.

“Come on Kyungmi, give me one good reason why you won’t.” Jaejin stated. Kyungmi gave him a look.

“Jae, how do I say this? Last time I tried teaching you, we barely made it out alive. It was the most terrifying experience I’ve ever had, and that’s coming from a girl whose seen seven other men fail horribly in driving.” She answered.

 

Suddenly, a red faced Aae Li returned to them with a huge crease on her forehead. Instictively, Kyungmi’s hands covered Jangsook’s ears. Jaejin tilted his head by the slightest but to give her some small portion of his attention. “What happened?” he asked. Aae Li turned to him, the word, ‘murder’, screaming from her eyes. “Well ity ! You want to know what’s wrong?! Well?!” she screeched. By now, Kyungmi was giving him her earphones that were blasting with music. Though Jaejin remained unfazed as he saw this scene way too much in a lifetime.

“Was my question not implying curiosity?” he said calmly. In a blink of an eye, Aae Li was in front of him. Kyungmi blocked Jangsook’s vision with her hands. “My boyfriends are coming.” She hissed.

.

.

.

-.-