Chapter 5

Love Should Go On

Chapter 5

 

Seungyeon had becoming better and better recently. Her adorable eye-smile could be seen more and more these days. Her adorable eye-smile could be seen more and more these days. Most of the works had been left untouchable for the past few weeks on her office tables had been finished. She was grateful for these loaded works as they helped in keeping her mind busy, so she would not be left daydreaming and be broken down again. Unexpectedly, starting this little change, some other good changes happened too around her. Seungyeon’s family had also become more cheerful and her family-in-law as well. The mist of sadness had disappeared slowly but surely. She still missed him badly sometimes, but it was handled quite well without crying. When she closed her eyes, she could feel that her husband smiling at her with the sweetest smile ever.

 

The double Seungyeon had also become good friends. Whenever she had spare time, she would visit Go Seungyeon and the she was quite glad to have her conversing with her as Jin Ki, although he loved her so much, could not spare the time that much for her. He was a doctor, after all. No one knew when the patients would need him. Seungyeon had just also found that Go Seungyeon had no family. She had lived in an orphan before she literally moved in this hospital because of her disease two years ago and finally met her boyfriend. Her life was far from happiness, Seungyeon could tell, but she admired how she could become this cheerful despite of her complicated life. When Seungyeon asked her why she could be this cheerful, she just answered wittily that she had been probably born with it or even when she had been in her mother’s womb, she smiled or sometimes laughed.

 

Her visiting Go Seungyeon was not because she pitied her, but in fact, Seungyeon was thankful for meeting her and intended to help her make good memories. However, still, Go Seungyeon’s jolliness was unbeatable, although it was as if her VIP room had been her prison as she was not allowed to go out that much.

 

Seungyeon had also told her the horrible experience of her life. But, this time Seungyeon did not shed any tears, she did not want to as a matter of fact. Go Seungyeon was quite a listener. And it really helped Seungyeon to be stronger and face the reality. Or should she say that she was quite ashamed to cry since the person who listened to her story deserved to cry more as her life was more than thorny for her. Finally, the laughter came out when Go Seungyeon shared her funny experiences in her life, including the funny moments she had with Jin Ki, whom she called her tutor of being witty. Seungyeon laughed quite hard until her stomach hurt sometimes.    

 

“You have the same eye-smile as him.” said Go Seungyeon when Seungyeon finally calmed down after a minute burst in laughter, still left with some happy giggles.

 

“Please, take care of him when I am gone.” Seungyeon’s eye-smile dropped. This was the first time her newly best-friend could be this mellow. Especially when Seungyeon noticed that her eyes had been glistening with tears. All the people in the world had their limits and there was no exception for this jolly lady. She had broken down at last. Hot tears flew swiftly from her eyes. Seungyeon hugged her while hushing her softly and patting her back.

 

Go Seungyeon was afraid to die.

 

After a couple of minutes, Go Seungyeon finally calmed down and fell asleep in Seungyeon’s embrace. Seungyeon placed her head carefully on the pillow and she smiled bitterly looking at the tears still visible on her face. She took a tissue and wiped them off as she was sure that if Jin Ki saw these tears, he would be worried to death.    

 

When Seungyeon went out from the room and shut the door slowly, her best friend’s words whined again in her ears.

 

Please take care of him when I am gone.

 

#####

 

It was a sunny day and thankfully, she was free from works today. She thought that it was the perfect day to visit Go Seungyeon in the hospital. However, when she arrived in her room, she was asleep with Jin Ki sitting beside her and holding her hand. He looked behind as he felt her presence. He greeted her with a nod and a smile which was replied by the same actions by Seungyeon. Then, he let of his girlfriend’s hand and pointed his thumb to indicate if she wanted to talk outside. She understood that he avoided using normal voice as he did not want to wake Go Seungyeon up because she had just been asleep, she assumed. She nodded and walked outside with him.

 

“It is a pity that she has been asleep when you were looking for her.” We decided to sit on comfortable chairs not far from Go Seungyeon’s VIP room while enjoying the breeze. 

 

“No, it’s okay. I can visit her again anytime.”

 

After a minute, Jin Ki broke the silence.

 

“How are you?” He asked.

 

“Fine. And I think I don’t have to ask how you are because you look more than happy, doctor.” She . Surely, he knew what she was talking about. He smiled.

 

“Well, I am planning to propose her tomorrow. I am about to take the ring at the shop today.” He smiled tenderly at her.

 

 “By the way, just call me Jin Ki. You are a good friend to Seungyeon. It means you are my good friend also.”  Suddenly, she remembered the tears she saw on his girlfriend’s eyes on that day. She was reluctant whether she should tell him or not. Surely he would be worried to death if she told him, but she just had no idea how she should tell him about that.

“Jin Ki-shi..” Starting to brace herself, she decided to just spill the beans. She was his soon-to-be fiancée after all. But, should she tell him? Perhaps, Go Seungyeon also intended hiding her anxiety of the death from him. She hid herself from her fear or she just refused to see her dearest person to watch her be fragile.

 

“Anything wrong, Seungyeon-shi?” She looked at him with a worried expression. Well, she decided to just keep it secret, finally.  

 

“Nothing. How will you propose her, by the way?” He responded her question by a long ‘mmm’ and shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Well, I am not a romantic person, so.. I don’t know. Just showing her the ring and telling her to marry me?” He ended his answer with a brief laughter. His respond was silly, but unique in some ways. It was quite wrong if she would always regard him as a perfect man. He was not. She thought he would be thinking extremely hard so his girlfriend could be happy to death by his unexplainably romantic proposal. She smiled as a result of the fact.

  

Jin Ki’s cellphone suddenly rang. He excused himself, took a few feet away from her and picked it up. After a minute he came again to her and said that he had to go since a patient needed him. Then, they bid goodbye.

 

Please take care of him when I’m gone.

 

The words were whined again in her mind.

 

“Seungyeon-ah, what are you talking about? Only you can take care of him.” She talked to herself and smiling.

 

Seungyeon decided to go home to relax herself.

 

#####

Seungyeon had never expected that yesterday would be the last day she would see her new best friend. In fact, no one expected to. When she heard the news from a nurse who regularly took care of Go Seungyeon, she was unable to hold her tears. She immediately went to Go Seungyeon’s VIP room and found a familiar figure there. Lee Jin Ki. He was sitting with his back facing the door, his front was facing the window with his eyes staring blankly at the floating blue sky outside. His girlfriend’s clothes had been placed tidily on the bed and Seungyeon found something glowing on the top of the piles of them. A ring.

 

Seungyeon wiped off her tears while approaching him, although her eyes would be still noticibly red from the last tears. She realized that Jin Ki would still be unaware that there was another person in the room if she did not sit beside him. When he heard of someone sitting on the bed beside him, he finally turned his head and found her looking at the blue sky as well.

 

The room was silent for a while when he suddenly took the ring in his hand and gazed at it. She instinctly turned her head to him and felt even more moving seeing him like this. She had been on that position before and she finally understood the feeling of him when he found her weeping back on that day. It was indeed a very complicated situation.

 

He took a long breath before finally let it out, as if he wanted to let the burden out from his heart.

 

“I have proposed her this morning before she finally left.” He said flatly. She was reluctant to inquire the details of how that thing could happen. She waited for him to tell her. Although he refused to, she would not mind. It was his personal thing after all. He protected the ring in his palm from a drop of tear slide down from his eyes. Only a drop. Surely, he refused to look weak in front of other people.

 

“I always knew you are a strong man, Jin Ki-shi.”

 

“Yeah. I have to.” He neither smiled, nor crying. He just kept his face be as calm as possible, despite the fact that he just lost his soon-to-be better half. She decided to stay silent and enjoy the last scent of Go Seungyeon in the room for the last time.

 

Good bye, Go Seungyeon.     

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

(Author’s note: The next chapter will be the start of some ‘flowers’ blooming^^.Please keep commenting bcoz ur comments are the things that give me strength to continue this fic^^Thx.Gbu)