Chapter 2

Love Should Go On

Chapter 2

 

White ceiling. White curtain. The smell of medicine. Those were the things which welcomed her when she first opened her eyes. For a moment there, she was totally oblivious of why she was laid in a bed of a room in a hospital. One second later, the memory came back. The memory when the bloody experience of her and … her husband happened. Her husband? She finally remembered. One thing remained in his memory was the overflowing blood from her husband’s body. Panic. She was trembling all over her body. The scene was totally too much for her. Hot tears flew down and touched the pillow her head rested on.

 

She tried to get up, intended to look for Yun Jong. However, her body refused to comply. She could not feel her right hand. Had it been gone? The dreadful thought immediately vanished when she found it still intact, although it was wrapped by gauze and hung, so it would still be safe even if she moved her body. However, her worry was still there. And it damn stung her heart. The worry for her dearest husband which made her be more stubborn to just let go of her hung right hand from its pole, tried to pull whatever needle pierced through her skin from her left hand, although she knew it would bloody hurt her. She just did not care anymore. Just as she had almost made her hands free, a nurse barged in when she knew her patient did something totally insane for a person who just got a horrible accident before.

 

“Let me go!” She shouted.

 

“Han Seungyeon-shi! Please calm down!” Holding Seungyeon’s shoulders, the nurse tried to make her lie again in his bed. The nurse could not stand her struggle anymore.  

 

“Han Seungyeon-shi!” This time, she heard a male voice. He grabbed her shoulder and tried to make her lie again. Absolutely, his strength was more powerful, but she still did not care. She shouted her husband’s name even more loudly. For a second later, she could feel her left hand was injected by something which made her, for a moment later, become calmer.

“Please, just let me go. Please.” She pleaded again softly, but still desperately. Her eyes stared right at the man’s eyes. Dr. Lee pitied her, moreover after he saw right with his own eyes what happened to her before she got carried to this hospital. His face showed that she understood how she was worried about her husband’s condition. He pulled the blanket up to her neck to make her be warmer, although her heart was not.

 

He just smiled at her. A sad smile. She did not know what that meant and did not bother to think more as drowsiness totally caught her off guard. She closed her eyelids, left the last tears to flow from her eyes.

 

######

 

“Dr. Lee, how could this happen?!”

 

“I’m really sorry. I have done my best. I’m really really sorry, Mr. Han.”

 

“No! They had just enjoyed their marriage. It hasn’t been even one year!”

 

Seungyeon woke up by the sudden outburst outside her room. Her eyes were swollen. Her cheeks were burned. The tears were still half visible on her face. She could hear the loud talk from outside since the door was not fully closed. Still lying in the bed due to her weak body, she remained expressionless and just listened carefully.

 

“No! Yun Jong-ah! How could you die like this?!”

 

Her eyes were widened. Her heart was gone.

 

“NO! DIE?! NO!!” The whole family and Dr. Lee were shocked by Seungyeon’s sudden scream from inside. They immediately barged in the room and approached her. Seungyeon cried loudly like there was no tomorrow. Some of them called her name softly, trying to soothe her, her mother caressed her bang and the rest just stood helplessly while crying as well. Han Yun Jong would be missed by all of them, but Han Seungyeon would probably die without him.

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

(Author's note: Sorry for the boring chapterTT. But, I assure you in the next chapter, onyeon will interact more...^^...Still, any comment will be appreciated.Thx.Gbu)

Sorry for any mistakes I did not realize bfore..