Chapter 3

Love Should Go On

Chapter 3

 

Everybody was saying their last farewell with tears to Han Yun Jong at the funeral. They could not stand their tears when they saw his photo, but Seungyeon refused to shed any tears. Or in other words, she actually refused to welcome the reality. She chanted in her hearts that this was just a nightmare and she would wake up soon. She neither talked nor smiled, just stayed silent and expressionless like that. People may regard her as a strong woman, but as a matter of fact, her heart was too fragile that she was now running from the truth.

 

This is just a nightmare.

 

After a few hours, the funeral was now left with only both families preparing to go home. Seungyeon was like a glass doll. A beautiful glass doll. Just standing there at the same place where people came to her to show their condolences back then. No one even dared to touch her, scared that only a slight touch would break her into pieces. Just her mother. Only she did not. She was the one who bore her after all. She approached and told her that this was time to go home. Her mother knew it. When she circled one of her hand to her shoulder and the other hand took Seungyeon's other one to help her walk to the car, she looked at her eyes. Her gaze was empty. Her body was here, yet her soul was not. Her mother knew her better than anyone. This was too much for her to handle. The best thing to do now was just letting her alone for a while.

 

#####

 

It was the day for Seungyeon’s last check up to just make sure that there was no internal damage after the accident. The lost of her husband was enough to make her heart in this excessive pain. There was no need and absolutely no one hoped for another one.

 

When they entered Dr. Lee’s room, she had become thinner and looked older than her actual age, much to the doctor’s surprise. Only her mother greeted him. Seungyeon did not even bother to look at the eyes of the doctor. Her mother only glanced at her and sighed sadly. Then, she just smiled at him and was replied by the same understanding smile by him. He invited her mother to sit down and asked Seungyeon to lie in the bed, so he could commence on checking whatever needed to be checked to make sure that she did not need to come anymore.

 

She still did not look at him. Her condition made her look like a ghost. He could predict how much she loved her husband from her appearance right now. Even he, who did not know her almost at all, could feel that her sudden lost was too much shocking for her.

 

“She is fine.” Dr. Lee stated calmly. Her mother was glad to hear that, although in fact, she was not fully relieved. Her body was okay, but it absolutely took more time for her to heal her broken heart. As she was about to say thank you to him, her cellphone rang. She excused herself to go out for a while.

 

Seungyeon got down from the bed and sat down again on the seat. A shell without its body. The words came up in his mind when he looked at her.

 

“I’m sorry for your husband.” He delivered his condolence sadly while writing on a prescription for her. Although he knew his sympathy would not make any differences for the situation, it was at least the thing he could do for her right now. He said that without looking at her because he knew she would not even bother to take a glance at him.

 

But, she finally looked at him, much to his surprise. However, this time, with a puzzled face.

 

“Sorry for what?” Perhaps, she did not hear it clearly, as she had been daydreaming or something like that, he assumed.

 

“Your husband. I’m sorry.” He tore up a piece of the receipt paper and handed it to her, expecting her to take it.

“This is just another nightmare, right?” Her eyes stared right at his. It was certain that she hoped for the answer she really expected to hear, although deep in her heart, she realized that her husband had really left her forever.

 

He totally did not know what to say to her. It was right that she had had such a hard time. Nevertheless, it was the time for her to face the reality whatsoever. But, he was not the right person to do that. Hence, just staying silent was probably the best thing he could do right now.

 

“Stop it, Seungyeon-ah!!” Both of them were startled by Seungyeon’s mother’s sudden scream. Her mother burst in tears. Then, she came to her, shook her shoulder hard, trying to make her wake up from her so-called nightmare and accepted the real truth. This family drama was really moving. If only they had not been in his room, he would never be unable to look at them so he could just give them a little privacy. After all, he was just an outsider.

 

Seungyeon shut her ears with the palm of her hand and kept shouting the same words she asked to Dr. Lee back then on the top of her lungs, while her mother still worked hard to scold her for being such a coward.

 

“Stop running from the truth!” Her mother’s last sentence finally made her stop shouting and struggling. Her mother then let go of her shoulder and sat down, putting her palm on her chest as she was trying to make her heart beat steadier. Just when Dr. Lee and her mother though she had become calmer and finally understood the situation, Seungyeon unexpectedly took a cutter from Dr. Lee’s pencil box and took a distance, so no one could go near her.  

 

“I just need to wake up, right? Please say yes.” Her stare and smile was frightening to death. The smile and stare of someone who only hoped for someone to just kill her at the moment and at that place. She pointed the tip of the sharp cutter to her wrist. She had been totally out of her mind. It was a must now that Dr. Lee needed to intervene in this family fight. She was his patient and as a normal human being, he could not bring himself stay still seeing a person endangered herself like this.

 

“Calm down, Seungyeon-shi. Please calm down.” Despite her yelling at him not to come any closer, he walked nearer to her. Seungyeon’s mother could only be terrified by this scene and only cried her heart out on her seat.

 

Finally, he made to catch her hands and was now trying to snatch the cutter far away from her steady grip. Her scream could almost deafen him, but he did not care. He just needed to make sure no one got hurt right in front of his eyes.

 

The fight got tenser, but a few seconds later, the cutter ultimately fell from her tight clutch. However, someone’s blood dropped on the floor. His blood. A second later, he held his left hand to his right one, hissing as a result of the long, although not very deep cut on his skin. Seungyeon’s mother immediately came to him and asked if he was alright. 

 

Blood.

 

The scene was being played again in Seungyeon’s mind. The scene where she looked at her husband’s unconscious body in the middle of the street, with blood overflowing through his body.

 

“NO!” She yelled while gripping her hair hard. Suddenly, her body got weak and she fainted on the floor, unable to continue on remembering the traumatic scene.  

 

TO BE CONTINUED

 

(Author’s note: Sorry for the grammar mistake or any mistakes I did not realize before…Just feel free to tell me if you feel that the story is becoming weirder or anything like that..Any comments will be appreciated as always^^GBU)