ProloguE~

Assigned To You-

White flashed into her eyes as the speeding car headed straight for the taxi she was in. The driver had tried swerving to avoid the oncoming car, but just a tad too late. The bloodcurdling screams resonated in the night air as onlookers whipped out their hand phones, terror evident in their eyes as they surveyed the bloody mess of broken glass shards before them.

~~~

Hospital was where she was sent to for emergency resuscitation. Now, she lay on the snow white sheets of the hospital bed, seemingly dead.

“She may not have a chance to live. Her brain has been affected by the accident. We can only hope for a miracle now.” The professional in white coat bowed his head in grief as tears started flowing endlessly from the victim’s family’s eyes again. There may be no chance to see their daughter ever again.

Only they didn’t know that all was taken in by His eyes.

“Welcome, daughter.” His voice flowed like suede to her ears as she swept her eyes around this especially bright golden room or some sort. Her eyes widened as she took in His dazzling form. Heaven. God. She’d heard so much.

“Am I…dead?’ The words came out from her as a choked whisper. She wasn’t ready to die. His smile was gentle, warm and comforting.

“You are supposed to be, but I hereby offer you a chance for a second try at life. After all, it wasn’t your fault that you got into that accident.”

“I’ll try my best, Father.” She bowed her head in respect. He glided across to her from that magnificent throne that shone brighter than the sun, and placed a gentle but firm hand on her shoulder.

“Like every other innocent souls, you task is to make sure that your ward is happy before you leave him for your final judgment. If you pass the test, you will get your body back safe and sound. If you don’t, you’ll become a wandering soul technically.” His words turned solemn as the last sentence reverberated in the air.

“By keep my ward happy…Y-you mean…?"

“You’ll take form and become a guardian angel temporarily during this period of time. As a guardian angel, you’ll find you ward’s problems, be it the loss of a loved one or such, and help him or her move on. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Father. I’ll give it my best shot.” She nodded once. A fatherly smile played on His lips again as he leaned forward and placed a kiss on her cool forehead.

“Feel free to call to me anytime you think your task is completed.”

Then, she felt herself being pulled down to Earth, standing beside her own body, which was lying still in bed. Her heart clenched at the sight of her frail-looking parents, worried to death as they held on to her cold, pale and lifeless hand.

‘”I’ll be back.” Alive and whole.

~