The Mysterious Package

My Fish[y] Oppas

CHAPTER ONE ; 

[ Kim Sul Hee's point of view ]

___________________

I was doing homework peacefully in my room, until my older brother, Sae Won called me out.

 

“Kim Sul Hee!” I heard him shout using his ‘special angry tone’.

 

“I’m coming, oppa!” I shouted while slamming my pencil down onto my desk.

 

I dashed out of my room and ran up to him, who was at the front door.

 

He appeared to be staring at a package on our doorstep, but I couldn’t see it, since he was taller than me.

 

“I’m here.” I said uneasily while he bent down to get the package. Sae Won turned around, walked into the kitchen, and set it

down on the table while I closed the door and followed him.

 

“What is the meaning of this?” He said while slamming his head on the table. “Sul Hee, I thought we already discussed that

you wouldn’t buy any more things online!”

 

I was flabbergasted. “It’s not me this time, oppa. I didn’t order anything!”

 

Sae Won’s eyebrows furrowed while he was thinking. “Then why does it say, ‘addressed to Kim Sul Hee’?” He questioned angrily while pointing to the label stuck on the side.

 

“Wha-?!?!” I looked closely at the label. “Okay, it’s not what you think.” I said while waving my hands around.

 

“Then stop overreacting and just open the damn thing.”

 

“Okay, okay.” I muttered while taking out the tape on top of the package.

 

I unfolded the flaps of the cardboard box to see an envelope on top of layers of bubble wrap.

 

“How interesting.” Sae Won commented while poking the bubble wrap. “I call the bubble wrap when you’re finished.”

 

“Sae Won!” I complained while picking up the thick envelope. “You got the bubble wrap last time, it’s my turn now.”

 

“No!” He shouted while grabbing me and shaking my shoulders. “You know I love popping bubble wrap!”

 

“Okay, fine! You can have the bubble wrap when I’m finished.” I grumbled. He let go of my shoulders and started dancing

around, while I started opening the envelope.

 

Inside the envelope was a note, neatly written.

 

‘May your dreams come true, Sul Hee, for the next two or three years. Live happy, and be safe.

- A present from KHL’

 

“Who is KHL?” I asked Sae Won confusedly.

 

He glanced at the letter in my hand and replied, “Kim Hanuel, who I believe is our grandma?”

 

“Oh, you’re right.” I said while mentally smacking myself. How could I have forgotten?

 

“There’s still more in the envelope.” He pointed out, and I placed the note down on the table while removing a small stack

of folded papers.

 

Your life may never be the same again.” I read out loud. “The impossible is now possible.”

 

“What the hell?” Sae Won said, while scooting closer to me. “Are you reading a poem?”

 

“No…” I whispered. “But I think it’s something magical.”

 

“Magical?!” He snorted loudly. “Be realistic, Sul Hee.”

 

“Then read the papers while I unwrap the package.” I insisted, while handing him the stack.

 

“Hurry up, I want the bubble wrap.” I heard him grumble, but I ignored him and kept on working.

 

After removing the bubble wrap, I saw seven clear containers, and inside each was a gorgeous colored Betta fish.

___________________

NOTE ;

The first few chapters are slow, sorry. Everything speeds up afterward. (: