Chapter 1

Physical Education

(A/N: Sorry about the short & boring character establishment chapter :S)

 

Jiyong groaned loudly as he threw yet another potential outfit onto his bedroom floor and returned to his wardrobe to search for something better. He’d always hated the first day of school, but it’s even worse when you’re the teacher. He had made sure to get everything ready the night before, but he had forgotten the one oh so important detail of an outfit. One the one hand, he was a PE teacher, so surely shorts and a t-shirt would suffice… But then on the other hand, formal clothes would make a better first impression to his colleagues and students… Jiyong cringed slightly at the thought of said students… He had year 12’s all day today, which terrified him because he was well aware of how young he looked for his age, and considering the fact he is only 21, half of his students are probably going to look older than him.

The time on his bedroom clock drew him back to the task at hand, and he was forced to hurriedly settle on a semi-formal look before grabbing his keys and rushing out the door. He quickly jumped into his car, throwing his bag into the passenger seat and sticking the keys in the ignition. Jiyong attempted to start the beat-up old vehicle, but the car let him down.

“… Not today…” The blonde man groaned, hitting the steering wheel before rushing back out of the car and hurrying to the nearest bus stop. The bus came into view just as he reached it and Jiyong waved frantically until the driver stopped for him. The teacher gave the driver a half-hearted smile as he scanned his travel card and went to find a seat, which wasn’t hard, considering the bus was nearly empty. The bus stayed that way, with one or two individuals getting on and off here and there until the large vehicle came to a few stops away from Jiyong’s school, where a large group of students got on. Jiyong glanced over at them, feeling glad that they wouldn’t know who he was yet, before returning to staring out the window as his anxiety grew in his mind.

After a moment, he got the irritating feeling that he was being watched. Jiyong cautiously scanned the bus, but not seeing anyone looking in his direction, he shook his head and dismissal and convinced himself that he was imagining it. Despite his denial, however, Jiyong could not shake the feeling for the rest of the journey and was almost thankful when his school came into view. As the bus pulled up to his stop, Jiyong waited casually as the students exited, before following them out.

Jiyong stepped out of the vehicle onto the ground and stared at the building in front of him; half-considering getting back on the bus and never coming back ever again. Luckily, a familiar voice calling his name pulled Jiyong out of his musings.