Thanks for Tonight ;)

Falling for You...AGAIN?!

Chapter 5: Thanks for Tonight ;)

“Sae Ri, wake up now, we’re here”

She heard him say but she just ignored it, shifting to the other side. She fell asleep during the ride home, even Baekhyun’s endless rambles didn’t stop her from entering dreamland. Today’s work got the best of her so even the loudest noise couldn’t wake her up.

“Sae Ri-ssi, it’s been 5 minutes, we’re already in front of your house” Baekhyun slightly shook her but all she replied was a grunt. He shook his head and chuckled lightly.

“Still a heavy sleeper huh” He whispered while staring at her, thinking of ways to wake her up. It’s getting darker outside and her sleeping position isn’t actually comfortable so he’s pretty sure she’ll be cranky by the time she wake up.

Actually there’s one thing he’s thinking of doing to wake her up. Something that pisses her off so badly that will wake her up in just seconds.

He’s contemplating whether he’s doing it or not. First, it’s an awkward thing to do, especially that they’re not exactly at good terms right now. Second, it’s not exactly the best thing to do, he’s 100% sure it will wake her up but he’s also 100% sure he’ll be dead meat after that. And Third, he’s not the perfect person to do it, especially that they have something behind them that made them awkward and indifferent to each other.

“Okay, whatever” He said as he leaned over to reach for Sae Ri’s hand and intertwined it with his.

And in just a second, Sae Ri’s eyes opened and smacked Baekhyun directly on the face, making him fall back to the driver’s seat.

“YAH!!! What do you think you’re doing?!!!” Sae Ri yelled as she wiped her hands on her jeans, glaring at him.

“I think you broke my jaw” Baekhyun said, looking at himself in the rear-view mirror, checking if his head is still intact with his body.

“Yah!! You know I hate it when someone holds my hand. Serves you right. Besides, I am dying to do that to you since this morning” Sae Ri replied, hiding her guilt for hitting him so hard.

“What will I do? You’re snoring so loudly you’ll wake all the neighbors! And don’t you know many girls will kill just to be in your spot right now? and here you are thanking me with your killer punch… aigoo Park Saeri!!!”  Sae Ri just snorted at Baekhyun who is still holding his face, with a visible red mark on his cheeks.

“I’m sorry okay?? It’s just reflex. I hate it, really” Sae Ri admitted, she doesn’t know why she hates it but she doesn’t want anyone holding her hand. Maybe it depends on the person but generally, he hates it.

“I’m sorry okay?? It’s just reflex. I hate it, really” Baekhyun mocked her, adding annoying movements to piss her off even more.

“Do you really want to die right now?” She threatened him, clenching her fist to remain calm.

“Do you really want to die right now?” He continued to mock her and she was about to hit him again when they heard someone knocking at the window of the driver’s seat.

“Sae Ri-ah is that you?” Mrs. Park called out, trying to peek through the tinted window. Sae Ri glared at Baekhyun before opening the car door, greeting her mom.

“Eomma!! I’m sorry I’m a bit late, I finished a lot of work today” Sae Ri hugged her mom.

“Oh, it’s okay. But…why are you in the front seat? Who drives the car?” And at that moment, Baekhyun stepped out of the driver’s seat and greeted Mrs. Park.

“Good evening eomonim” He bowed down and smiled at the both of them. Yes, including Sae Ri who just rolled her eyes to him.

“Oh my!! Baekhyun is that you? Oh my goodness! You’re back! Come inside, we’re about to have dinner, eat with us!” Mrs. Park dragged Baekhyun towards the gate when Sae Ri stopped her.

“Eomma, Baekhyun just dropped me off here, he’s a busy man and he’s going now, right Baekhyun-ssi?” Sae Ri looked at him but he just smirked and shook his head.

“It’s okay Sae Ri-ssi, how could I resist the invitation of eomonim? I’m hungry as well, after what you did to me in the car back there” He smirked at her and just continued walking with Mrs. Park towards their home.

Sae Ri remained behind them, and for the nth time, she shoots deathly glares at him behind his back.

“Look who’s here!!!” Mrs. Park called out with much glee the moment they stepped inside the living room. The two men of the Park family shifted their gazes from the television to the three.

“Baekhyun-ah?” Mr. Park asked, and the younger bowed in respect.

“Good evening abeonim” Baekhyun smiled back, ignoring Sae Ri’s snort beside him.

“Oh, Smurf returned! Wazzup dude” Chanyeol, Sae Ri’s older brother greeted his high school buddy with his creepy smile.

“Same old yoda eh?” Baekhyun chuckled, while exchanging manly hugs.

“Ok stop with the reunion I’m hungry already” Sae Ri interrupted while walking towards the dining room and immediately smiled to the aromatic dinner her mother prepared.

“So, how are you Baekhyun? How’s life back in New York?” Mr. Park opened the conversation while they started eating the scrumptious meal.

“I’m great abeonim, pretty busy back there so I decided to take a break and maybe…settle here for good” Baekhyun smiled back.

Sae Ri’s parents are very fond of Baekhyun even way before they got together. Baekhyun’s a good friend of Chanyeol way back highschool and always at the Park’s home, making him closer to the Yeol’s parents, and especially his younger sister. He actually got surprised (and very thankful) that they are still welcoming him with open arms despite what happened to him and Sae Ri.

“So, how are the girls in New York? Are they hot? Cute? y? Or what?” Chanyeol suddenly asked while eating that made Sae Ri hit him in the shoulder and gave him the what-the-fudge look.

“What? I’m just asking!” Chanyeol replied, waiting for Baekhyun to reply.

“Both? They’re beautiful, I guess. Well that’s because I’m working with a lot of female models and I’m often invited in lots of parties” Baekhyun replied, finishing his kimchi pancake.

Sae Ri on the other hand, is just listening quietly. Before, she’s really excited when Baekhyun comes over but today, she feels different. Oddly different. She doesn’t understand. She’s supposed to be happy, that even though everything’s completely different from what used to be, her family is still okay with him.

“If that’s the case, then why are you here? And why are you with my sister?” Chanyeol narrowed her eyes at Baekhyun and then to Sae Ri who’s just munching her dinner, pretending she didn’t hear him.

“Yeah, that’s what I was supposed to ask too Baekhyun-ah, you’re really famous there. I always see you in the international magazines I read at the salon I frequently go. Why are you back?” Mrs. Park asked and Baekhyun almost choked his dinner, for the nth time, he clearly doesn’t know why he’s back.

“I am back because of Sae Ri” Baekhyun simply replied, earning the attention of the Parks, including Sae Ri.

“Because… I’ll be working with her. For our friend’s wedding” He continued, winking at Sae Ri who just scoffed.

“Yah! I thought it’s really for Sae Ri! After you, she didn’t have any relationships. Your friends are starting to get married while she’s there in the corner crying in tears“

“It’s tears of joy!” Sae Ri called out, interrupting her mom who’s about to talk about her. Baekhyun just laughed watching the two of them bicker.

“Stop it now. Yeobo, it’s okay that our baby girl’s not having another boyfriend yet” Mr. Park told his wife. Sae Ri smiled brightly at her dad.

“…because maybe it’s Baekhyun who’s really meant for her” and the smile quickly vanished from her lips as her parents and brother and it’s not even helping that Baekhyun joins the teasing.

“Tch. Talk about Baekhyun okay? Leave this eating girl alone” Sae Ri sulked while continue eating the last of her bibimbap.

“Stop eating too much Ri, you’ll look bloated tomorrow you still have a date with Mrs. Jung’s son” Mrs. Park reminded her daughter. Baekhyun looked at Sae Ri curiously.

Date? She’s having a date?

“Mom always arrange a date with Ri every now and then, you know moms” Chanyeol chuckled while looking at Ri who’s looking at the ceiling, waiting for somebody to help her.

“Aigoo eomma, I don’t really need a date okay? Just arrange one for Yeol oppa right here, he’s the one who needs someone. He’s a lonely guy” Sae Ri beamed at her brother who looked shocked.

“No, I’m a happy person! Look I’m happy HA HA HA” Chanyeol continued to laugh and seconds after, all of them joined too.

The conversation continued with all sorts of stuffs, and occasional teasing of course. But it’s a good and happy time for Baekhyun who missed this kind of meal. At least, he is in good terms with the Parks.

After the happy dinner, Baekhyun stayed for a while to talk some more. He’s in the living room with Mr. Park and Chanyeol while Sae Ri’s watching them from the kitchen.

She watched Baekhyun and Chanyeol annoy each other then she noticed Baekhyun’s cheek slightly red. She knows that she’s the one to blame so she quickly searched an ice pack from the fridge and then she tossed it to him. He was shocked at the sudden cold feeling he felt in his lap and then he realized it’s for his red cheek. He smiled and watched her walk back to the kitchen.

After a while, it’s time for him to go. Clearly, Mrs. Park doesn’t want to since it’s a bit late already and she wants to talk to him more.

“I wanted to stay eomonim but I still have my car parked in front of Sae Ri’s shop, I need to go back there” He apologized and bowed to her. Sae Ri was shocked, hearing that he has to go back.

Don’t be worried Sae Ri, he’s the one who insisted in driving you home. You don’t owe him anything

She reminded herself but when he went out of the door, she followed him.

“No need to walk me to the gate, I’m fine” Baekhyun smiled at her which left her shocked.

“I’m not walking you there, I’ll check if you’ll close the gates” she explained but she only earned a teasing smile from him.

“Okay, whatever floats your boat~” Baekhyun sang while waving his hands up in the air

“Bye violent woman!!” He waved for the last time before walking away towards the bus station.

Moments later, Sae Ri received a message which made her want to smack him to his senses again

From: Unknown Number

Message: Thanks for tonight. Don’t worry we’ll have our alone time next time ;) –y baek

---------

ANNYEONG!!!! :)

I'M BAAACK!! 

I'm so sorry I haven't updated since who knows how long but at least I'm back!!! 

I'll update frequently now since I have lesser things to do (and to worry about) :)

what do you think about the update? PLEASE TELLL MEEEEE! :)

Subscribes are much much appreciated as well as comments!!!! Please please do tell me what you think :) 

I'm really encouraged with comments so I know if I did well or not :)

UNTIL NEXT UPDATE!! :)