Jerk

Falling for You...AGAIN?!

“Did you visit grandpa already?” Baekhyun slightly stiffened at his cousin’s question. Joonmyeon took notice of this but didn’t say anything. They were currently lounging at Baekhyun’s new office and took this time to catch up.

“Does he even know I’m back?” Baekhyun laughed, with a tinge of bitterness in it. He has a not-so-good relationship with their grandfather and everyone in the family knows it.

“Of course he knows, Aunt happily announced you’re coming home months before” Joonmyeon replied while the younger one just kept on playing on his iPad, not really taking the conversation seriously.

“But may I ask Baek, not that I don’t want you here but… why did you come back?” He asked carefully, hoping the other would not take it negatively. He sighed in relief after hearing his cousin laugh.

“I mean, you have a pretty good life back in New York. You’re such a big name there” He added as he watched how Baekhyun play Minion Rush.

Baekhyun also wondered why he came home. At first, he really intended to just visit his family and take a break from work. But the vacation plan didn’t push through as he told his parents and brother he’s going home for good.

His cousin is right; he has a good life there with a job that he really likes doing. It’s like a dream come true for him to be doing what he likes best and everyone acknowledging him for it. But he felt something’s missing. Even everything seems to be going smoothly, he finds himself longing for an empty spot in his life to be filled.

And that’s why he came back, to know what that empty spot is.

“Nothing, I just missed you all. Pretty lonely there” He answered simply, still playing with only one life left. Joonmyeon just smiled, knowing there’s more in his cousin’s answer.

“By the way hyung, thank you for giving me a job in the company. I’m used to working really long and staying at home for hours got me really bored” Baekhyun smiled as the older one just tapped him in the shoulder.

“It’s nothing. The company needs you. Having you as a creative director is really exciting” Joonmyeon smiled.

“I’m happy you know I’m great” Baekhyun boasted but immediately yelled when “Game Over” flashed on the screen.

“Yeah, right” Joonmyeon laughed and was about to say something when a knock on the door was heard. The door opened, revealing Ms. Song, his secretary.

“Excuse me Mr. Kim, you have a phone call from President Kang and Mr. Byun you have a visitor outside. Shall I call her in?” She smiled, waiting for the two to reply.

“Okay” Baekhyun smiled and watched her walk out of the office.

Joonmyeon started standing up, waving a hand at his cousin before going out. He’s halfway towards the door when Ms. Song came back with his cousin’s so-called visitor.

“Sae Ri?” He called out, seeing a girl in black jeans and navy blue blouse. He glanced at Baekhyun who doesn’t look surprised so he assumed Sae Ri’s expected to come today.

“Hi Joonmyeon-ssi! It’s been a while!” She greeted but wondered at the older one’s shocked expression.

“Where did the “oppa” go? I am older than you” He tried to sound strict but failed. She just laughed and corrected herself.

“Okay… hi op---“

“Hyung, I thought you have a call? I think you should go check that” Baekhyun interrupted the small reunion in front of him. Joonmyeon just shook his head and bid goodbye before going out with his secretary.

When it’s only the two of them, Baekhyun stood up and walked towards his table. He called her to sit while he resumes playing on his iPad.

Sae Ri kept on staring at him, wondering what is he doing and why he didn’t greet her properly. She wants to feel offended but she thought that maybe he’s really busy.

“So… you came here just to stare at me?” He lowered down his iPad only to meet her shocked face. She immediately shook her head and cleared .

“Uhh.. Hi?” She laughed awkwardly, not knowing how to open the conversation. Sehun and Soo Min told her two days ago that they want Baekhyun to take in charge of their pictures and documentation on their wedding. After thinking very hard, she finds herself going to his office and having a conversation like what’s happening right now.

“Hi Baekhyun, uhh… You see, Sehun and Soo Min are getting married and I’m the one organizing it and they told me that they want you to be their wedding photographer!” she smiled at him, keeping herself composed despite feeling nervous.

After that breakup, they never really talked. The longest conversation they had was a phone call before Baekhyun board the plane to New York. After that was just mere “Happy Birthday”, “Merry Christmas” and “Happy New Year” posts in Facebook. 

“You want me to work with you?” Baekhyun asked and looked at Sae Ri again. She felt his gaze and just nodded. She was about to explain when his laugh surprised her.

“You see Ms. Park, I don’t work with people, People work for me” he smirked and this time, Sae Ri got offended. Since when did he become like this? Does his fame abroad really got into his head?

She took a deep breath, keeping herself calm before answering.

“Baekhyun, I am not asking you to work with me for a long time. This is for our friends, after that you can go your own merry way” Her eyes twitched the way Baekhyun smirk at her.

“No” he replied and went back to playing with his iPad, keeping his face covered with the gadget

“W-What?” Irritation is clearly evident in her tone. Did he really change?  

Baekhyun, on the other hand is laughing silently behind his iPad. He wants to laugh and tell her he’s just joking. All of his friends know that he’s the joker of the group, the prankster so it’s not an unusual thing for him to do.

He already know the plans of Sehun marrying Soo Min and he was also present at the get together that happened last week. He is more than happy to be a part of that special event so he agreed but when Sehun told him last night that he gave his card to Sae Ri and will visit him anytime within the week, the idea of annoying her went to his mind.

He didn’t even know why he’s doing that. He supposed to be really awkward after all those years, he didn’t even expect her to be that friendly towards him, acting that nothing special happened to them. He doesn’t know if he’s going to be happy or not.

After shrugging his thoughts away, he faced her again with a serious face and replied.

“No, and please call me Mr. Byun. We’re professionals Ms. Park” and that really snapped Sae Ri. She has this very short thread of patience but managed to be calm even though she want to slap the man in front of her.

“Please Mr. Byun?” she attempted, offering a small smile. Even though she’s really annoyed right now, she knows Baekhyun so she’s trying to keep up with him.

“No, but if you beg, maybe I could do some reconsiderations” he smirked once again, knowing full well she’s going to burst any moment.

And he’s right. Sae Ri stood up calmly before him with a straight face.

“If you don’t want to, then don’t. Goodbye.” Sae Ri started walking towards the door and left.

“You really didn’t change Ri, still have a temper” Baekhyun chuckled.

 XXXX

“He’s a total butthole!!!” Sae Ri tossed her bag to the passenger seat of her car and slammed the door before stomping over to the driver’s seat. She then transferred her phone to her left ear while keeping herself calm.

“Can you calm down? All I hear from you is Baekhyun being a butthole” Miyu on the other line laughed

“That’s the only thing she’s saying for minutes now” Hee Rin laughed too.

“The way she slammed the door. Oh goodness! Sae please have pity on your car” Seo Hee added and the three laughed at her over the phone.

She’s having a group call with the three girls. She needs to lash out her rants or else she’s going to have a mental breakdown. That meeting with Baekhyun really gave her a massive headache.

“Are you still in the building?” Miyu asked. She muttered a quick yes before starting the engine.

“You all said that he didn’t change! Why is he being a jerk, a meanie, and a… well.. a JERK!” she almost yelled causing the other three to just laugh at her misery.

“But admit it, he looks really handsome” Hee Rin , and Sae Ri smiled a little. He did looked good today.

“For Sae, he looks handsome even way before” she heard Seo Hee say and the smile immediately disappeared. Before she even give a reply, Hee Rin suggested something.

“Why don’t we meet up at the restaurant near Sae’s office? It’s almost lunch anyways, let’s eat out!” she said and they all went silent for a few seconds.

“Ok I’m in!” Seo Hee was the first to break the silence

“I’m starving anyways, let’s go?” Sae Ri answered, happy that her friends know how to make her feel better.

“Of course I’ll go! I’m excited to see your irritated face Sae!” Miyu laughed and the others followed.

They know how to ruin a perfect mood

She thought and immediately followed by a small smile on her lips.

“Ok then, bye girls! See ya later!” Hee Rin told them before ending the call.

In less than an hour, they were eating and having a fun conversation with occasional rants from Sae Ri about what happened earlier. She did feel a bit better but still wondering what the heck happened to Baekhyun and why did he change. Her friends kept on telling her that he’s still the Baekhyun they know and the way he treats them is way better than the way he treated her earlier. So she had a conclusion that he’s just like that to her… but why?

“He’s crazy” She said as she stood up, finishing the glass of iced tea she ordered. It’s almost 2 in the afternoon and lunch time is way over so they decided to go back to their offices.

“Thanks guys, you’re really the best” Sae Ri winked at them and they just smiled back.

“What thank you? There’s a fee, the next get together you should be present whether you like it or not” Seo Hee replied.

“Yeah, if you’re not there, Friendship's over” Miyu made a face but she just laugh.

“I’m a good friend so… I’ll just drown you if you’ll not come”  Hee Rin told her with a straight face but quickly laughed after. She laughed with them before saying goodbye.

Since the restaurant is really near, she only spent a few minutes driving. While driving to her usual parking space, she noticed another car parked in front and she assumed it’s another client. She carefully parked her car and quickly locked it before running towards her building’s door.

As soon as she stepped in the lobby, she stopped and felt herself glaring at the man who’s sitting at the couch.

“Hi, Ms. Park” said the man who’s been the source of her headache since this morning. 

-----

Hi! Chapter 3 is here!! *confetti* 

How was it how was how was it???

Thank you for your comments and subscribes~~ :) and upvotes too!!! YEY. You made Baekhyun happy :"> 

         

 

I hope I get more :) they are really really appreciated! Continue to surprise me with more!! :">

Silent readers are also loved but please speak up!! :"> I don't bite... but I bark. haha kidding!

Thank you thank you! Enjoy!