This Is The Day (Daesung/Yoona)

Bigbang/SNSD Songfics Oneshots
 
 
This is The Day - Butch Montejo
 
This is the day when hope fades
and all the sadness starts
This is the day when an angel smiles
while they wipe the tear in my eye
This is the day when I wake up
Looking for my heart
And findin' nothing but a love song
 
I'LL LET YOU GO I'LL SET YOU FREE
NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS FOR ME
'COS I KNOW WHERE YOU WANNA BE
SOMEWHERE.....SOMEWHERE....SOMEWHERE
FAR FROM ME
 
This is the day when I learned to write songs
Just to keep you alive within
This is the day when forever ends
And eternity begins
This is the day when I wake up
Looking for my heart
And findin' nothing but a love song
 
 
 
I find myself waking up as the alarm from the clock is blaring annoyingly at my ears. I must have dozed off last night at this grand piano inside the room at YG Building. Scores of music sheets scattered around it and I didn't even realized I must have finished this song last night.
 
All because I came here to find something. That is something I hope I will find. 
 
My heart. Shattered and in pieces I dare not count.
 
So, this is the day. The one I never knew would come. The one that I, Kang Daesung always dreaded.
 
The day when all hope fades and all the sadness starts.
 
 
I remember it. Very clearly. Just last night.
 
Flashback
 
"You what?!!" I denied everything what she said right in front of me.
 
"I said I want to break up with you." She said it. Im Yoona, the love of my life said it.
 
"But why?" I pleaded now. Desperately. "What did I do? I did nothing to deserve this!"
 
"Exactly. You did nothing. Nothing! And I care not ellaborate on it anymore! I'm tired oppa! Tired of waiting! For you to change! For you to realize I've been waiting for you all this time!" I saw her crying her heart out. 
 
"I can't do it anymore oppa! I just can't!"
 
All I did now was nothing. Staring at her while tears rolled out in my eyes. Hearing all those words as floods of emotion are wrecking havoc inside.
 
I couldn't utter a word. How can I? I was stupid not to realize we were drifting apart. All she did was love me, unconditionally. And I wasted it all away. For what? A career? A selfish need of self gratification? And at what cost.
 
As I watched her move towards me, handing over the couple ring I gave her. It signified the end. 
 
We are over.
 
I tried once again to say words. Asking her not to do this. But I saw her face. The usually beautiful smiling face of hers was now an agony of sadness and pain. It said it all. 
 
Yoona wants to be somewhere. Somewhere far, far away. Far from me.
 
And so what I did what I did. One of the hardest things I have to do with my life. 
 
I've let her go. I've set her free. 
 
No words. No actions. Nothing. I did nothing as I saw her walk out of that door and out of my life.
 
 
As I organized the music sheet, I couldn't help but wonder that I've learn to write a song. All in one night. It was not my area of expertise. But I did. 
 
I submitted it to my CEO. Personally.
 
And he loved it. The sample and the music score. He loved it. It was the first time he complimented me openly. He said it was gonna be a certified hit.
 
And all It took was this day.
 
I saw that smiling angel called Yoona smiling while I wiped the tears in my eyes. I wanted to keep her alive within me. For I know she is gone.
 
So I went to the studio to start on polishing the song. Then it dawned upon me.
 
This is the day.
 
This is the day that I wake up looking for my heart. 
 
Finding nothing but the love song I wrote.
 
This is the day.
 
When forever ends.
 
And now, eternity begins.
 
So, this is the day.
 
 
 
(A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the late update. Been very busy for a while. Hope you guys like this short one-shot and hopefully I could post a more happy/fluffy one-shot next time.
 
Again comments, suggestions and reactions are welcome. Happy reading. ^_^)