01

The Playboy Jerk! [~]

 

The sun ray filtered through the pink curtains in my room. It was a bright day and the weather seemed to be nice on that day. I wore a white pants with a soft pink blouse. I fixed my hair and let it down.

 

I looked at my reflection through the mirror, smiling alone, "Dahae, you're looking great today!" I praised myself as my right hand reached for my favorite perfume. I sprayed it a bit and put it back on the white oak dresser.

 

"You can do the best, Dahae. Show them that the charisma Dahae can do it! Fighting!" I pumped my fist in the air and quickly grabbed my handbag, my files and a blue sketch book on my table. I left the room and headed straight to the dining room at the downstairs.

 

I saw my parents were sitting at the dining table to have their breakfast.

 

I greeted them, "Good morning, mom, dad," I went passed the dining room as I knew that I was going to be late. Besides, I didn't have any appetite to eat on that time as I was too nervous on that day. An important day, of course.

 

"Good morning, dear," my mom replied, "Come and get your breakfast first." She saw that I went to the living room.

 

"No, thanks, mom. I'll just grab something to eat at my office."

 

"But, at least, have a glass of milk first. You need some energy to work." I obeyed and went back to the dining room to drink some milk. My dad took a glance at me when I was drinking, "Are you nervous?"

 

"Of course I am, dad. I need to do the presentation today." I pouted and put the glass back on the table. My mother chuckled, "Don't be too nervous, honey. I know you can do well like you did before," she smiled.

 

"I hope so, mom. I'm going now. See you later, mom, dad. Bye!" I bid my goodbye for them and ran to the main door. I just didn't want to get late for missing the bus. It was when my car broke down and I had to take a bus early in the morning.

 

I waited for the bus patiently while holding my files and a book across my chest. As the bus has reached, I quickly get into it and took a seat beside the window. I let out a big sigh, "I just hope that everything will be alright," I said in whisper.

 

 

A young lady stood at the front of a door. Before knocking it, she ed the first button of her blouse, exposing her collarbone. She knocked the door until the owner of the room let her in. She twisted the door knob and opened the door, revealing a young man who was sitting with his legs were rested on his table. The lady walked in with a smile plastered on her face, "Good morning, Mr. Wu," she said with her hands held a file across her chest.

 

He looked up at her and smiled, "Good morning, Hana. And how many times did I say? Call me, Kris." He winked at her before putting down his legs. His secretary, Hana, placed the file on the table and looked at him seductively, "Sorry. My bad, Kris."

 

Kris couldn't help but smile when his eyes met with hers and then it landed on her collarbone. "What's wrong with your button?"

 

Hana didn't answer his question instead she walked toward him. She went to massage his shoulders. "I missed it somewhere," she pouted.

 

"Really? Isn't it one of your tricks to seduce me?" Kris felt her massages and closed his eyes, feeling relaxed. Slowly, Hana moved her hands along his arms  as she tried to seduce him until…

 

"Yifan!" Kris jumped off from his chair when someone burst in. Hana was shocked with it and immediately turned around to put on the button of her blouse.

 

"Opps, did I-" "Damn it, Luhan! Knock the door first!" Kris yelled with his red face. Luhan just shrugged and stood at the door frame, "Weren't you the one who told me to enter the room without knocking the door?"

 

"Yes, I did but not at this time!"

 

"How would I know that I came at the time when you were seducing your own secretary?!" Luhan snapped back. Kris bit his lower lip and he motioned his secretary to leave the room. She obeyed and hurriedly left both of them. Luhan closed the door and walked in meanwhile Kris took a seat on his black leather chair.

 

"Were you trying to seduce her?" "None of your business," Kris flipped the file that Hana gave without making an eye-contact with Luhan.

 

Luhan let out a chuckle," None of my business? Come on, Kris. I could tell that you tried to seduce her."

 

"Then, why did you ask if you know?" "Because I just love to ask you that  question. She's going to be the 59th girl in your list." Luhan crossed his arms across his chest and stared at Kris.

 

"Like seriously, you've been counting it for me, dude?" Kris was shocked to know that Luhan counted how many girls that he played with their hearts.

 

"Of course. Dude, don't you think that those girls will be attacking you for playing with their hearts?"

 

Kris closed the file and leaned against the chair, "Well, I don't care and I don't want to think about them at all. Who told them to believe with my words? Tch," Kris chuckled. Luhan shook his head to hear his words, "And if any of them attack  you, don't you ever say to me that you regret with it," Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

"Trust me, they won't dare to do that to me. They love me and won't be doing anything to hurt me," Kris replied confidently and showed how proud he was to play with the girls' hearts and broke it into the pieces.

 

"What a cruel guy," Luhan muttered. "Hello, I'm still a nice guy. A cruel guy will make all of the girls get pregnant. Silly Luhan," Kris tried to defense himself by saying it back to him. Luhan stood up, "Whatever. Anyway, call me if you want to have lunch together."

 

With then, Luhan left the room, leaving Kris who was relaxing his mind. His lips curled upwards to remember how he managed to play with the girls' hearts.

 

 

"Wow, Dahae! You did well just now! I never thought that you could give new ideas of the designs," Nana said it to me as I took a seat on my chair. I gave her a smile, "Thanks. But, I think I wasn't doing well just now," I pouted. Nana laughed. She has been my officemate and sat just across with my table.

 

"Geez, you're so humble! I could see that they really loved your designs. You're talented!"

 

I blushed with her words. I have been working as one of the fashion designers with a well-known fashion company in South Korea almost for a year. It was a luck that I was accepted to be working with them. I was glad that my friends did support me for the presentation. And finally, they decided to put my designs in their lists.

 

I continued to complete my works before the lunch time. Everybody seemed so busy with their own duties.

 

"Hey, Dahae," I heard a voice approached me when I was focusing with my designs. I looked up and saw a guy smiling at me.

 

"Oh, Baekhyun-ssi," I said out his name. He chuckled, "I told you to drop the formalities." I chuckled, "Sorry. I mean, Baekhyun."

 

"That sounds better. So, am I disturbing you, right now?" I shook my head, "Not really. But, you can talk with me."

 

"Alright. Um, I'm thinking to have lunch with you. Are you okay with that?"

 

"Me? Just both of…us?" I pointed at him and myself. "Yeah," he answered. I took a glance at Nana who was giving a small smile. As if Baekhyun understood with my action, he quickly let out a chuckle, "We can bring Nana too if she wants," his words made her to lift up her head, "Me?"

 

"Yeah. You don't mind with it, right?" Baekhyun asked her. Nana and I looked at each other before she nodded her head awkwardly, "Err, as long as both of you don't mind, then I'll be okay."

 

"Of course we don't mind! Let's go and have lunch together!" I said and smiled for them.

 

Byun Baekhyun worked in the same company as me but he got a job in the other department.  I've been knowing him ever since I started to work in that company. He's a nice guy and looked good with his eyeliner. Trust me, you won't regret if he's your friend because from the first day that I knew him, he could be so funny and talkative.

 

At the restaurant, I took a place to sit near with the window. Baekhyun and Nana joined with me and a waiter came to take our orders. After ordering our meals, we continued with our last conversations.

 

"I heard that you had a presentation just now? How was it?" Baekhyun asked me the question. "Not bad. Though I was nervous on that time."

 

"And her designs are accepted to be in the list!" Nana told him. Baekhyun looked at me in awe, "Seriously?! That's great!"

 

"Aish, it doesn't mean they're going to pick my designs for the summer fashion," I replied.

 

"Duh, come on, Dahae. It's hard to be accepted. You're such a talented girl, you know." I blushed at his words.

 

"I bet your designs will be picked for the summer fashion. Trust me!" Baekhyun added more before the waiter served our meals. We thanked him and started to enjoy the delicious foods. It was good to spend my time with them during the lunch time.

 

 

"Did you see that girl over there?" Kris pointed at a girl who was sitting near the window with her friends. Luhan looked at the direction where he pointed and nodded with his mouth still munching his meals.

 

"Isn't she's cute?" Kris said and his eyes were locked at the girl. Luhan swallowed the food and turned to look back at Kris, "Are you telling me that you're going to flirt her?"

 

Kris' eyes met with his, "I'm just asking." "I know you very well, dude. No need to hide," Luhan fed himself with the food. Kris smirked, "Well, why not? She's pretty and cute."

 

"Stop it, Yifan. You're just going to add another girl in your list," Luhan spat.

 

"Oh, come on. I'm doing this for fun." Luhan rolled his eyes with Kris' answer. "If I'm one of those girls, I'd probably kick your head or maybe throw a brick at your precious face." Kris scoffed," That's because you're jealous."

 

"Please, I'm not jealous at all. What a waste," Luhan said.

 

 

After having the lunch, we headed back to our company and Baekhyun went to his department to continue his work. As I reached at my table, I saw a bouquet of roses was placed on it.

 

"Woah, someone gave you roses!" Nana came and stood beside me when I held it.

 

"It's weird that I've been receiving this roses every week," I said while searching for a card in the roses. "Do you know who's the sender?"

 

"I don't know. There's no name in the card, except a message," I said and read the card.

 

"I hope you have a great day!"

 

Nana smiled, "Seems like someone have a secret admirer." I looked at her, "Impossible. But, I'm getting curious."

 

"Well, who knows, that person might be one of the workers in this company," Nana gave a wink at me and left me alone with a frown on my face. "What?"

 

"I think I know who's that person but I don't want to be sure with it. You need to figure out, dear," Nana continued to do her job and I was still couldn't get her words.

 

 

It was 8 p.m. and I haven't finished with my works. A few of my officemates already went back home. Only Nana and I left in the office. I was too busy focusing with my works until Nana called my name.

 

I looked at her, "Yes?" "I'm going home now. Have you finish with your works?" I shook my head, "There's a few things I need to do," I answered.

 

"Are you okay to stay alone?"

 

I smiled, "I'll be okay. Don't worry. You can go home first," I told her. She nodded her head and smiled, "Alright then. Take care. See you tomorrow. Bye!" She said. I bid her a goodbye and she left the office. Leaving me alone in there. It took about fifteen minutes for me to finish with my works.

 

"Finally, I've finished!" I stretched my body to the left and to the right. I kept all of my things neatly on the table and grabbed my handbag before leaving the office to go back home.

 

Since my car broke down and was in workshop, I had to take a bus. When I was on my way to the bus stop, I passed by at the alley.

 

But my ears caught the sounds of beating and someone shouted for that person to stop it. I was pretty sure that something was going wrong on that time. I decided to go and see what was happening at the alley; alone.

 

 

"This is the lesson for playing with the girls' hearts," a guy beat Kris on his stomach, caused him to fall on the ground. Blood came out from his mouth and there were three guys looking at him, fiercely.

 

"Please, stop it. I didn't mean to do that at her," Kris said weakly. Another guy kicked him on the stomach hardly, making Kris to roll on the ground and hit his back at the wall, "This is the reward for playing with one of the girls' hearts. You deserve this!" And with then, he gave another kick on Kris's face and the tall guy became totally weak. He couldn't fight back with those three guys that looked much bigger and muscular than him.

 

"Yah!" A voice interrupted them. Kris turned his head to the right side and saw a girl was standing there while pointing out a big stick.

 

"Wow, look what we have here. A pretty girl." The guy said and brushed his lower lip with his thumb. Kris's vision was blur to see her face clearly.

 

"Don't. They…might…hurt…you," Kris said in a whisper. He couldn't say it out loud because of his condition.

 

"Come on, girl. Don't stand at there without doing anything," a guy said it to me with a smirk. I looked at their muscular arms. It looked twice, bigger than my own arms. Come on, Dahae! You can do it! Beat them up!

 

"You chose the wrong decision for interrupting us," another guy stepped closer to me. I took a step backward. I saw a guy that was laying on the ground weakly. Just before one of the bastards could grab me on the shoulders, I swung the big stick and hit him on the stomach. He groaned in pain.

 

"Damn it!" He cursed and glared at me deadly. "Come and get me if you can, bastards!" I smirked. They tried to hit me but I was fast enough to dodge. "Aha! You better pay your attention, dudes!" I said and kicked them hardly.

 

I fought with them without letting them to touch me. Luckily, I had black belt in Taekwondo.

 

Two guys were thrown on the ground and there was the last one who was still waiting a chance to beat me.  I saw the guy took out a small knife. I was shocked to see what he got in his hand. His eyes were looking sharply at me and then at the guy who got beaten hardly by him and his friends. The guy tried hard to get up though he was too weak.

 

Just in a blink, he went toward the guy with the knife in his hand. "NO!" I shouted, trying to stop him but I was too late. He stabbed the guy at his waist.

 

"YAH!" I shouted and tried to grab him but he quickly left with his friends. I started to get panic to see the blood coming out from the spot where he got stabbed. I hurriedly went to him, "Hold on. Don't move," I said to him, trying to do something. I ripped my own blouse and covered the wound from letting the blood to come out more.

 

"I…I…" He tried to utter a word with his eyes were still closed. "Don't say anything. I'll bring you to the hospital." I found his car key in his jacket and took it. I helped him to get up and brought him to his car.

 

When I was on my way to send him to the hospital, I saw that he was closing his eyes, looking pale.

 

"Yah!" I shouted, "Don't close your eyes! We're going to arrive in a few minutes!" I said, getting worried with his condition. I stepped on the gas pedal to speed up.

 

 


 

hey! so this is the first chapter and i hope you guys liked it. and yes, Dahae saved Kris! hehe

anyway, thanks for subscribing to this story! ^^