Chapter 4

Love fight

Naeun’s POV:

“Sorry for being late Mrs-“

“Um… Principal… good morning!” you greeted awkwardly amongst the quite crowd of people, gossiping amongst each other.  

“Naeun and Taemin, please come to my office right now. I have something to ask you about. Also Eunji, can you please take care of the class for now, your substitute teacher will be coming shortly” the principal lifted her pointy chin, turned her slim body around and slowly walked through the opened door.

Author POV:

Naeun and Taemin scurried along behind the principal, taking each step with great care. 

"Do you know why I asked you two to come to my office?" The principal asked without turning her head around to speak. 

"Not really Principal, is it related to-"  

"Shish!" You whispered to Taemin cutting off his sentence.

"Is related to... what is it Taemin..." The Principal stopped in the middle of the hallway, turned around and looked at Taemin wanting to hear the answer.

Taemin's POV:

You took a glimpse at Naeun, she looked down at the cold black tiles, shivering. One sweat drop rolled down her forehead, she quickly wiped the sweat not wanting anyone to see. Without hesitating you took Naeun's hand and spoke to the Principal formally.

"Sorry Principal, is it about Naeun and I not coming to school for the past few weeks?" You asked politely.

"Indeed" the principal said formally.

"But... Naeun did tell Sohee to inform you. Did that message not get through to you?" You asked quite confused.

"I am completely sure that whatever the message was did not pass on to me" the Principal replied with confidence.

"What is suppose to be the message?" 

You took a glance at Naeun, this time she seemed rather calm so you decided to continue your speech.

"Naeun's parents...um... died in a car accident in the past few weeks and...Naeun was in a very depressed state so I decided to look after her for the time being, just in case she does something stupid. We are really sorry about not being at school...but we hope you understand the situation and relate what Naeun is going through. Thank you." You spoke as tears started forming in your eyes. 

Naeun's POV:

Oh gosh... Not the sad things again... Taemin stop... The sad situations made you tear up even more as Taemin finished his speech.

You looked at Taemin who was about to cry, you squeezed his hand tightly and gave him a warming smile. His face immediately brightened up and returned your smile.

Authors POV:

As the both of you lifted your heads up to face the Principal, you could see her eyes full of tears. 

The Prinipal wiped her tears away and gave Naeun and Taemin a huge hug of encouragement, patted both of their backs and whispered "You can do it, I know you can".

They all let go of each other, and the Prinipal gave Naeun her last words.

"I can deeply relate on how you feel, my mother died in an car accident as well. From what I could remember I cried everynight  in bed hoping one day... She will come home and place her warm arms around me and quietly put me to sleep. So Naeun be brave, be proud of what you have and I know one day something magical will happen to you..." After the Principal finished talking, she turned around and slowly walked down the hallway until she was nowhere to be seen.

"I didn't know that the Prinipal would be so nice to us...it's kind of unbelievable... I though that she will be... You know... so mad" Naeun stuttered.

"it's probably because the Prinipal's mum died in the same type of accident, so she can relate to it really well" Taemin replied as he comforted Naeun.

"Let's go back to class, I don't want to miss a single class again, otherwise it's going to be me explaining more of the situation. Taemin took hold of your hand and rushed back to the classroom where the two of you resumed your classes.

Naeun's POV:

While staring at the newly cleaned window, random thoughts popped into your head.

So I guess the Prinipal has faith in me... I must do well in school to make both my parents and maybe the Principal proud...

Son Naeun! Son Naeun! SON NAEUN!! 

"Huh? Um.. Mrs Kim.. Sorry did you ask me something?" You answered back.

"Miss Naeun, is there something that you were thinking? Do you want to share it wit the class?" Mrs Kim glared at you while tapping her finger on the table. 

"Err.. Um.. Nothing, nothing!" You replied quickly.

"I won't do it again Mrs Kim, I am sorry". 

"Ok then... What is this the answer to this question". 

You looked at the whiteboard and instantly figured out the answer. "The answer in 42!" 

"Hmm.. Good job Miss Naeun, but make sure you pay more attention in class, or a detention slip will be given to you, understand?" Mrs Kim told you strickly.

"Understand". You responded.

"Good"

Sigh... Something magical will happen to me... If the new teacher we have hates me already, what magical thing will happen to me... Even though I'm really confident in school work. What goods is it going to bring me...Sigh...

For the rest of the lesson you just stared at the whiteboard with the teachers voice echoing in your mind.