Chapter 3

Love fight

Naeun POV:

Taemin skipped along joyfully towards the kitchen which was located near the entrance.

“Ya, Taemin make sure the eggs are sunny-side up, Thanks!!” you exclaimed while you quickly walked into your room to change into your school uniform.

“Sure don’t worry; I know how you like your eggs! Sunny-side up it is!” Taemin replied.

 

Once you got changed into your school uniform, you could smell the scent of bacon lingering in the air, so you followed its trail into the kitchen.

Taemin, who was trying to fry bacon, was covered with the oil which was splattering everywhere, hissing fiercely and spitting at him. He was wearing an apron, with gloves, a mask and goggles to ‘protect’ himself. 

What a fool, you thought to yourself as you grabbed the spatula he was holding and fried the bacon for him.  

“Thank you.” he said as he took a seat in the dining table.

“It’s ok, but you should learn how to cook in your spare time-“

“Ah,” you whimpered as the hot oil stung your skin.

 You tried finishing frying the bacon with your red hands.

“Here, eat up.” You said covering the patch of skin that was burnt by the stinging hot oil.

Taemin, who saw your sore hands, immediately grabbed them and stared at you with distress.

 “What’s this?” he asked you in a worried expression.

“It’s nothing,” you shrug off, rubbing your hand because his grip was intensively strong.

“It’s not nothing, wash it off with cold water.” he said whilst dragging you to the sink.

Unresisting, you followed him. He turns on the tap and washes your delicate, small hand. His hands are gentle, and even under the freezing, cold water, his palms bring a sense of warmth and protection around yours.

Um… you can let go of my hand now…” you said pushing Taemin’s hand out of the way.

“Huh, Oh yeah…” he stuttered while letting your hand go.

The two of you gradually stared into each other’s eyes and slowly a burning sensation entered your face…

You could see in the reflection in the door.  You, standing there awkwardly, with a bright red, blushing face.

“Um… Let’s go to school, we have twenty minutes before school starts” Taemin said rubbing the back of his head trying to break the awkward silence.

“Sure, let’s go” you answered back.

Gradually the both of you stepped out of the brick house together. You took a deep breath, in and then out.

I haven’t been to school for the past two weeks already, because of my parents death.  I hope I don’t get into deep trouble… hopefully Sohee delivered the words I told her to say to the teachers about why I was away for the past two weeks. I wonder if anything has changed…new students…new teachers perhaps…

“Naeun, NAEUN, ARE YOU ALIVE!?!” Taemin shouted whilst waving his hand around in your face.

“Oh sorry, I was thinking about something…” you replied, waking up from your daydream.

“Thinking about…?”

“Just… if the teacher knows why me and you were away for two weeks because of my parents death” you answered with panic.

“Don’t worry; hopefully we will be fine…” Taemin said as a cold gasp of air passed by, sending shivers down his spine.

 

You both walked down the narrow, cherry blossom pathway that led you to school, calmly.  

Taemin had his cold hands in his warm, cosy pockets, whilst your hands are seeking for warmth.

“Are you cold?” Taemin asked you while rubbing his hands together and blowing warm air into it.

“Yeah… kinda col-”

Without another word, Taemin pulled you into his warm chest; the sound of his heartbeat pounded a lovely little beat making you almost fall asleep.

“Are you warm now?”

“Yes…” you replied hugging him tightly around his skinny waist.

“Ok… let’s see what time is it now… 8: 50!!!?” Taemin shouted and immediately took your wrist and sprinted all the way towards school.

“SLOW DOWWNN!! ARE WE EVEN THAT LATE” you screamed and shouted.

“WE”RE DOOMED, IF WE DON’T HURRY UP THEN WE MIGHT HAVE A DETENTION!!” Taemin yelled back

As soon as you arrived at school the bell rang.

“Hurry to your locker and take everything you need for period one and two!” Taemin said breathing rapidly.

The two of you quickly unlocked your lock and took out everything you needed for class.

“Ok, got everything! Now run to class Taemin, Hurry up!” you demanded.

“Nearly done!” Taemin said taking the last book and immediately locked the lock and ran towards the classroom.

The both of you pushed opened the door with a loud thump and apologised to the teacher.

“Sorry for being late Mrs-”

Hey guys i'm back with another chapter...

 

Enjoy~