Can I have this Dance?

Insomnia
Chapter 5: Can I have this Dance?
 
 
 
When SNSD arrived at the practise room Super Junior members were already there. Siwon was waiting to see Sooyoung, he wanted to know if she got to sleep well. He hoped she wasn't too embarrassed... However, she never came. Instead Taeyeon informed them, that Sooyoung's drama filming was suddenly changed for today and she couldn't come. Their choreographer would be practising with Siwon. To tell the truth he was disappointed. He was extremely disappointed and sad, to be exact. They had had so much fun yesterday, dancing together. He wanted to ask her how was she, and would she mind coming to the cafe again some other time... Now he didn't have a chance to ask her for date. He wanted to see her smile. 
"Oppa, you look concerned, is there something wrong?" Taeyeon asked.
"No" he said. "I was just thinking... Is she okay? Was she embarrassed about last night? Did she got to sleep?"
"WHAT?" Eunhyuk screamed next to his ear. "What did you do with Sooyoung last night? You didn't... Oh my God..." He started to back to the wall, and everyone turned to Siwon, with wide eyes.
"No you stupid!" He couldn't help blushing though. "I was talking about it, when we went to cafe after practise! You ert..."The last word was muttered under his breath.
This time Sugmin piped up: "What is there to be embarrassed about? Did you kiss her?"
"NO!" Siwon was starting to get angry. "She fell asleep and I carried her to their dorm, you all know she has trouble with sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up!"
When there was a reasonable explonation, everyone lost their interest in the issue. Taeyeon smiled to him, and said: "She was embarrassed, yes, but I said she had nothing to be embarrassed about. And she slept well, better than in weeks. Thank you Siwon, thank you so much. You can't believe what favour you have done to her..."
"... I just want her to be happy..."
 
 
The practise ended in the afternoon and Siwon headed to their dorm. He tried to concentrate on everything, but all the time his thoughts went back to Sooyoung. Maybe she had already finished filming... What was she doing, how was she doing, where was she, what did she think about yesterday... "ARGH!" He couldn't stand it, he couldn't just sit there, he needed to see her! He just needed to see her. He wanted to. He needed to. Throwing the pillow he was hugging to the corner he sighed and laid down on the couch.
"What is it, Siwon?" It was their leader who sat on the other couch. He was watching some drama Siwon didn't have interest in, he had other things on his mind.
"Ah, nothing, nothing..."
Leeteuk turned of the television and turned to face him. "You are thinking about Sooyoung aren't you?"
Siwon sighed, why did he have to know s so well? "Yeah, I guess I am. I just wanted to see her that's all..."
For a long time they were silent, before Leeteuk spoke up again: "You are in love with her." 
It wasn't a question. It was a statement from someone who knew how things were. Leeteuk knew how he felt. "I'm just stupid, she doesn't like me for sure. I feel so stupid!"
Leeteuk had a funny expression on his face when he moved to sit on the same couch. "No you are not stupid, it's not stupid to love someone. It's normal. Besides, you never know if you never ask."
"What if he doesn't like me? What if she laughs at me? What if she starts to hate me?" Questions filled his head.
"Sooyoung is a clever girl, she wouldn't laugh. Maybe she feels the same. Ask her for date or something."
Sighing he got up. "I can't. I just can't. I don't have the courage..."
Leeteuk smiled and added reassuringly: "Go on, it's not that bad. She sure likes you too..." 
The room fell silent again. Siwon lost in his thought. Should he ask her? Maybe she liked him as well? his thoughts were interrupted by unsure cough by Leeteuk.
"Talking about dates... Do you think Taeyeon would like to go out with me? Do you think she likes me?" Leeteuk's cheeks were red and she tried to dwell into the couch. Siwon just grinned, trying to surpress his laughter. "She couldn't be more obvious! Same goes to you..."
 
 
 
Siwon was nervously waiting for someone to open the door. He had a bunch of roses behind his back, he hoped she would be there. To his disappointment, Jessica opened the door. "Oh, oppa, what are you doing here this late?" Taeyeon's face appeared behind her back, and she saved the situation, realizing the roses behind Siwon's back. 
"Oh, there you are! You can go Jessica, I asked him to bring something to me, I'll be back in a minute."
Taeyeon come outside and closed the door. "I guess you are looking for Sooyoung? Her schedules ended but she insisted on going to practise room, she said she would be slowing us down if she didn't practise..."
"Oh..." He was disappointed. "I'll just come some other time then..." He was about to leave when Taeyeon grabbed by his coat. He turned to see what she had to say. 
"Just go to the practise room! There's no one else there, besides, it's a couple dance she's practising and her partner in no other than you. It's hard to practise couple dance alone anyway..." With a wink she started to hush him towards his car. "She won't be there forever!"
 
 
 
Siwon parked his car in front of the building. His heart was beating fast and his hands were shaking. Slowly he made his way towards the practise room. When he neared, he heard the music. It was dark in the hallway and the music wasn't the song they were supposed to dance to. He scared she had already left... Quietly he peeked from the door and a relieved sigh escaped from his lips. Sooyoung hadn't left yet. It seemed like she was warming up, dancing to a song he didn't recognise. It was a beautiful song. Her movements were soft and flowing, never had he seen her dance the way she did right there and then. It was elegant and beautiful...The songs SNSD usually danced to were powerful upbeat songs. This was slow, meaningful song. Like a flower.Yes, it reminded him of a flower. Rose, to be exact. He grinned and an idea started to form in his head. 
He waited for the song to end. She smiled to herself, breathing heavily. She was so beautiful... He stepped in the room clapping. Surprisedly she turned around, only to smile when she saw him. 
"Since when did you became so good dancer huh?" He was happy to see her smile, and he handed the roses to her, bowing. "Beautiful flowers to a beautiful girl!" She blushed furiously, but smiled. "Thank you oppa, they are beautiful! Did you come all way here to give me these? How did you know I was here?
"Taeyeon told me you were here practising our dance collabration, I thought it would be easier to practise a couple dance with a partner..."
Sooyoung smiled and went to change the cd. "Oppa, you didn't have to come but thank you. I have to admit it's a little difficult to dance without a partner. "
"How was your drama filming today?"
"Oh, about that." She seemed embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I'm slowing you down..."
"Nonsense, I practised with our choreographer. And here we are, right?"
She got the cd on place and the song started to play. Siwon decided to be gentleman for today: "Can I have this dance?" He smiled and led her to the dance floor, and for three hours they just practised, trying to make their movements perfect. When they finished they were sweaty but happy. 
"Woah, thank you for coming oppa!" She was happily stretching and packing her belongings. "I think it's perfect now!"
"Yeah, I agree... Thank you for yourself, we really made it good!" They fell into comfortable silence, which Siwon soon broke. "What was the song you was dancing to earlier? It was really beautiful song and the way you danced.. It reminded me of roses!"
"Thank you Oppa! The song is called Beneath your Beautiful. " She moved, once again, to the music player. "It's sung by Labrinth, feat Emeli Sandé. Come, I'll show you the dance!" 
"What? I'm really bad with slow songs, I'm so stiff when it comes to dancing, you just..."
Sooyoung laughed and grabbed his hand. "Oppa, don't be a fool!" The song started to play and for hours they learned the dance. They made some changes to it, to make it more like a couple dance. They forgot the time and place, they just danced, together. They laughed, they smiled, they danced. They were one on the dance floor. The roses on the corner seemed to turn brighter. 
 
You tell all the boys "No"
Makes you feel good, yeah.
I know you're out of my league
But that won't scare me away, oh, no
 
You've carried on so long,
You couldn't stop if you tried it.
You've built your wall so high
That no one could climb it,
But I'm gonna try.
 
Would you let me see beneath your beautiful?
Would you let me see beneath your perfect?
Take it off now, girl, take it off now, girl
I wanna see inside
Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight?
 
The song ended and the ending pose was highlighted by a lonely ray of sun. They breathed heavily, staring each others. Both of them blushed. Her eyes... His eyes... Her lips... His lips...They leaned on, faces only few centimeters away... 
And then Siwon's phone rang. They quickly got on their feet, blushing even more furiously than before. Silently he cursed under his breath. It was their manager. They had been so lost in the dance he had forgotten the time. Now he was late for schedule. They both started to leave, to head for their schedules. 
 
"Oppa..." He turned around to see her smiling. "Thank you!"
 
Right then and there his heart melted away. He was in love with Choi Sooyoung. 
 
 
 
 
 
Author notes: I hope you liked this chapter, I had a lot of fun writing it! Here's a link to the song this chapter is referring to: 
 
Labrinth feat. Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqIxCtEveG8