SCARS THAT CAN'T RECOVER

Just Admit It, I Know You Love Me

 -Hospital-

Hebe: Oh my god! Doctor! Call the doctor!

[Mike pushes the emergency button. The doctor arrived immediately, followed by a nurse. The doctor carefully examines Danson.]

Doctor: It seems that the blood clot has already dissolved and subsided. That’s a very good sign. Now all that is left is for him to wake up which will probably be in the next 24 hours. And then a few days for the injuries to recover and he'll be all good to go!

Hebe: Thank You! Aaron, Mike, did you hear that? He's going to be fine! My brothe's going to be fine!

Aaron: Yea. Now you can finally get some rest. Look at you...

Mike: How can I leave you here like this when you don't even know how to take care of yourself.

Hebe: I'm sorry guys. I just get a little crazier when it's something about Danson. But no worries, Mike. If i really go crazy, Aaron will help me, wouldn't you?

Aaron: hehe, of course I will.

Danson finally woke up after a few hours. Hebe jumped up and down. Aaron and Mike went to buy some food for Hebe and Danson since the hospital's nutritious diet tasted really bad.

Dason: Isn't that guys here just now that actor...?

Hebe: Yea. Aaron. Aaron Yan. He's my friend.

Danson: Since when? I don't think I've heard you talk about him before.

Hebe: We just met recently.

Danson: Wooo.... mysterious. Is he close to you?

Hebe: Well, he just happened to be with me when the hospital called with your news and he stayed with me since Gui couldn't. They're in the same cast for a drama called Pi Li MIT and that's how we met. And we talked alot together while you were unconscious so I guess we're closer than before. But we're just friends.

Danson: No, no.. I bet you it's more that. A guy won't just do that for any girl. I saw the way he looks at you. He probably likes you. Wow, alot happened while I was unconscious. But your getting so close with Aaron this whole time, what about Mike?

Hebe: What about him?

Danson: I've watched you guys for 3 years, since you guys first met each other. And the relationship you guys maintained isn't just friendship, is it? I mean, you guys had some special thing going on, but it wasn't quite intimate yet. Just now, though, you guys seemed a little awkward.

Hebe: Yea. I've noticed that. He's been acting a little weird ever since he came back from Japan, but I don't know why.

Danson: wow... How can you miss something so obvious? Now I get it. I was wondering why he felt different just now. He's upset that you didn't call for his help whn you needed someone and you just had some other guy who you've just met with you here the whole time.

Hebe: What? That doesn't make any sense...

Danson: In other woeds, he's jealous.

Hebe: ...oh.

-Pi Li MIT crew-
[Gui's POV]

Director: Cut! good. We're finally finished with this scene. Next one will be Aaron and Gui's scene. Gui, do you know when Aaron's coming back?

Gui: I got a call from Hebe that her brother's already waken up. So aaron will probably be here tomorrow. I'll probably go see them later.

Director: Okay then. Everyone, we're done for today.

I was about to walk out the dorr when I bumped into Prince. His face looked distorted, which is weird because he should be happy that Michelle's back.

Prince: Is Aaron here?

Gui: No, he's with Hebe at the hospital. I was actually just going to go see them, you wanna come?

Prince: oh, nah, it's okay. I'll just leave.

Gui: Wait!

Prince: huh?

Gui: Did you need anything? I can bring a message.

Prince: I just wanted to talk to him. My mind is a little crazy.

Gui: Is it about Michelle?

Prince: How'd you know?

Gui: Well, don't be mad, but Aaron kind of told me about Michelle. I guess the only person that could make you crazy is probably Michelle.

Prince: He told you? *pause* You think you can go visit another day? Come grab some food with me? It's dinnertime anyways.

Gui: Sure.

I just couldn't resist him. The answer popped out of my mouth before I even thought about it. Hebe, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to ditch you!

Prince and I went to an expensive VIP restaurant. It was good because we wouldn't have to worry and hide our identities there. His family owns it so when we arrived, the manager greeted us politely.

Manager: Shao ye (young master-formal greeting), good evening. Table for two?

Prince: Give us a VIP room.

Manager: No problem, shao ye.

The manager took us to a private room and set two menus on the table. The room was polished nicely with furniture and antiques. The dining table was really long with candles and flowers set in the middle. It was a very romantic setup, but awkward for Prince and I. Nevertheless, we took the seats at the end of the table and picked up the menu.

Manager: Would you like wine before the meal?

Prince: Give me 93' La Romanee Conti.

Manager: Shao Ye, you have a very good connoisseur. Good choice, indeed. And miss, what would you like?

Gui: Give me a 86' Chateau Balestard La Tonelle.

Manager: Oh my! Shao Ye, I must say your friend also has a fantastic taste in wine! I'll be right back with the wine.

Prince: I didn't know you knew much about wine.

Gui: There's alot you don;t know about me. But first, I don't know alot about wine. Last time Hebe was filming Bull fighting with Mike and they used 86' Chateau in the drama. I visited them at that scene and tried it and I thought it was really good. I don't really know alot about wine.

Prince: Oh. hehe.

[Manager walks in]

Manager: here's the wine.

Gui: Thank you.

Mange: Your welcome. What would you two like for the meal?

Prince: Give me a prime rib. Leave it juicy. Don't cook it all the way through. Just medium.

Manager: Okay. and for you miss?

Gui: I guess I'll have the same.

Manager: Alright. I'll be right back with the food.

It took me a second to realize that Prince had already draines a glass of wine as he started to pou the second. He must be in a really bad mood today.

Gui: Are you okay?

Prince: Not really.

Gui: um.. do you want to talk about it?

Prince: You already know the story.

Gui: But shouldn't you be happy?

Prince: No. The ways she left things, they can't just go back to the way they were. Coming back now, it will just cut through the wounds that I've been trying to heal for so long again.

Gui: Oh. But she came back for you, didn't she?

Prince: I don't know anymore. I don't know if it's really for me, or just for her own selfish reasons. Because I think she just wants to have me to complete her ideal life, but not really me.

Prince looks so lost, so lonely right now. I wonder how he must have felt when Michelle left. Even after so long, Prince can still be so caught up with their past. This moment, I truly hope he could just be happy. It makes me nervous to see him like this. What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling weird everytime I see him? I don't even know my own feelings anymore.

Gui: So did you guys mend things?

*silence*

Gui: Or did you at least talk to her?

Prince: We talked. But nothing's mended, not as far as I'm concerned.

[Prince gulps down another glass of wine]

Gui: Geez, your already on the third glass already.

Prince: You know, even after all this time, she's still just selfish, always thinking of her dreams.

Gui: huh?

Prince: I almost forgave her. Almost fell into her trap again.

[Prince drinks the fourth glass]

Prince: She asked me to throw away everything here and go with her to US. Like she did when she left me.

*Flashback*

Michelle: I missed you.

Prince: Did you?

Michelle: Everyday I was there.

Prince: That's funny. considering I didn't even get a call from you for a year.

Michelle: Because I knew if I did, then I would bow down to weakness again. You know, while I was there, I've thought of a million times to just fly back to Taiwan and come home to you! If I ever contacted you, my weakness would've taken over! I struggled hard to keep myself focused on my career, but I thought of you everyday!

*silence*

Michelle: Please, Prince! I had no choice. When they gave me the contract, I had to leave right away. You know I loved you when I left.

Prince: No, I didn't. Because you left without a word, without an explanation about us. You left us no where, you know? You asked me to go, but you know I couldn't and you just left.

Michelle: I'm sorry. I really am. That's why I'm here. I need you.

Prince: You're engaged. You don't need me. You just need someone to keep following behind your tracks. I'm not going to be that person. Go back to your fiancee.

Michelle: No! I won't let you go this time. He means nothing to me. Do you want me to go back and accept the proposal of a man I don't love? or for that matter even like? I want you to know that I love you, and I always will. So please, don't push me away.

Michelle starts crying as she keeps mumbling some words unclearly. Prince walkes up and kisses her passionately, releasing all the locked up love that he still holds for her. Then he pulls her into a hus as she leans her head on his broad shoulders.

Michelle: I Knew you never stopped loving me! So will you finally come to the US with me?

Prince freezes abruptly, then he quickly pushes Michelle off. He stares at her coldly. The passion that burned moments ago had all vanished instantly.

Prince: You just don't get it do you? I can't believe I let you get to me again.

Michelle: What?

Prince: You center everything around yourself, always having others adjust to you. But you should take some time to lok at the people around you. Because someday, they'll get tired, fall behind, and disappear. US was never the choice for me. If all you want is your career there, then don't come back for me. Because I'm not your fiancee, and I will never be.

Michelle: How can you say that? Do you know the whole fiancee thing had nothing to do with me? I had no say in it at all. That man who's old enough to be my dad has become one of my parents' closest business partners. My parents wanted to use his realtions to expand our family business into the US market. They sacrificed me, but I thought you were one person in this world who would understand and know me well enough. I thought that at least you wouldn't give away, at least I was still wanted by someone. *tears* I guess i was wrong.
[Michelle runs away as Prince stares at her fadin shadow.]

*end of flashback*

Gui gets up and walks to Prince's side as she stared at the empty bottle of La Romanee Conti. Somehow, Prince had drained the whole bottle already. Prince's face was burning like a ripe tomato. What's weirder is that Gui somehow feels a little dizzy too even thought she only had one glass of wine.

Prince started mumbling random words. Gui could only catch Michelle's name here and there. Gui grabs onto his arms and lifts him up as they wobble from left to right. Gui tries to support Prince's large body with her tiny shoulders. The manager walks in with the food as Gui drags Prince by the arm.

Manager: Oh my! What happened to shao ye?

Gui: I think he's drunk.

[manager glances at the empty wine bottle on the side]

Manager: Shao ye drank the WHOLE BOTTLE?!?!?!

Gui: Yea, I didn't even notice when, but he did. I guess I should take him home.

Manager: No no! Master and madam will be angry. They hate it when he's drunk. Shao ye can't go home.

Gui: Ok, then where do I take him?

Manager: Well, he came with you. Your his friend, so of course to your house!

Gui: WHAT?!?!?

-outside dining area-

Guy 1: Did you put it in?

Guy 2: Yea. Chateau 86' right? That pill will make her dizzy and wasted.

Guy 1: Why doesn't she look dizzy yet?

Guy 2: It takes some time. I saw two bottle of Chateau 86' so I sneaked the pill in both of the, since i didn't know which one was for her/ Whoever's drinking the other bottle, well, unlucky for that person.

Guy 1: Well, I don't care. As long as that girl over there, Melissa, drinks one of the,. i don't care who drinks the other one!

Both: haha

-outside restaurant-

Gui walks out of VIP room with Prince still a little wobbly. They make their way outside as the manager runs out to call a taxi for them. Gui struggles to to hold Prince standing still as he gets a little crazy. Prince suddenly wraps his arms around Gui's shoulders and kisses her cheek while still mumbling Michelle's name. Gui is surprised as she freezes. THe taxi came as Gui quickly brush off Prince and gets on the taxi with Prince.

-Across the street-

[Camera flashes numerous times. A guy with a tag on his shirt there. the tag reads: SET journalism reporter of Media and Public Relations Department]

reporter: Sweet! Actor and most valuable bachelor Prince Qiu together with Taiwanese drama diva Gui Wang, kissing on the street! The headlines will definitely be interesting tomorrow!