VI

Lets Talk About Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lets Talk About Love - VI

 

It was raining heavily, sounds of thunder were heard every now and then. Dara was startled when a sudden loud sound thundered the place. Her mind was in daze, trying to scan the place but was lulled back by a soothing rub on her head, accompanied with soft kisses on her shoulder every now and then. Despite her half-awake state, she felt a pair of firm arms circling her waist, bringing her closer to something warm resting behind her. Feeling comfortable with it, she let her eyes close once again and drifted back to sleep.

 

She only opened her eyes when she felt her face was pierced with a sharp ray of sunlight, preventing her from prolonging her sleep. Her hands reached for her face, gently rubbing it as she let her eyes adjust to the surrounding.

 

A defeated laugh came from her as realization finally came to her. As expected. She won’t see any traces of him as soon as she opened her eyes. As expected.

 

-

 

“Bommie, turn off the TV please,” Dara said, when they had a sleep over on Bom’s place. It was Saturday and they usually take turns having sleepover every fortnight. Dara had been in a really good mood, until she saw what was aired on the television earlier.

 

“Oh, why? It’s Bigbang’s news about having their tour in the States. Well, Koreans are really proud of them,” she commented again.

 

Dara didn’t say anything on that.

 

“Besides… don’t you want to keep yourself updated about Jiyong?”

 

“Do I really need to?”

 

Bom’s brow rose slightly. “Am I missing something here?”

 

“No,” Dara replied almost very quickly, trying to keep her poker face on.

 

“Then?”

 

She had been keeping what happened between Jiyong and her from Bom. Not that she wanted to be secretive but she just wasn’t sure how she should tell her about it.

 

“It’s nothing, Bom. The TV’s just too loud,” she came up with an excuse.

 

“Well you could’ve just asked me to lower the volume,” Bom reached for the remote placed on the table and turned the sound a little bit down.

 

Dara decided to pay her attention to the food in her hands, trying not to think so much about what happened the other night between her and Jiyong. Ever since the day, they never contacted each other. Neither him nor her made the first move.

 

She had told herself not to think about it too much but somehow she couldn’t help herself from getting disappointed. ‘It was just a one night stand, get over it.’ She had been repeating the same thing like a mantra but the more she said it the more bitter she felt.

 

“Hey, you alright?” Bom’s voice brought her back to reverie. Dara turned to her best friend, only to find her looking worriedly.

 

“I’m fine,” Dara tapped Bom’s thigh lightly, assuring. “Don’t worry about me.”

 

As Bom’s attention diverted to the entertainment news aired, Dara went back to the night where the fateful incident occurred. It was already almost a week and it felt like it happened just last night. She really wanted to text him but her ego stopped her from doing so. She was curious, how was he doing but she was really battling with her inner self. And in the end, her ego won. She sighed audibly.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Ah, nothing,” Dara lied. “The actor is just too handsome,” she pointed to the screen.

 

-

 

“Wait a minute!” Dara yelled from her room as she heard her door bell was pressed rapidly. She was busy fixing herself and she knew she was late already for her dinner date with Bom.

 

The bell kept on ringi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter