IV

Lets Talk About Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lets Talk About Love - IV

 

When Dara let herself into Jiyong’s apartment the next evening, she was a bit taken aback. Not only it was cleaner than expected, it was much quieter than expected. She walked in slowly, spinning around as she observes it. Sure, there were a few scattered bits and bobs, but it was still a really nice place.

 

“Oh, uh, you’re here!”

 

Dara turned to find him standing just behind her. She smiled at him. For some reason, he looked away. His simple act made her frown inwardly.

 

“Thanks for letting me come over,” Dara said. “Bom’s getting ready at hers.”

 

“It’s fine,” he said, clearing his throat a few times. “I just — just gotta shower. Is that all good?”

 

“Yup, it’s fine.”

 

He bustled out of the room without looking at Dara, to which she find strange. This was the first time Jiyong had ever avoided eye-contact with her. She had been friends with him for a while now, and he had always looked her straight in the eye no matter what. Yet, even as the night progressed, Dara realized that he hadn’t looked at her properly even once.

 

-

 

Dara  stood near the bar, peering down at her drink in confusion, her best friend, Bom swaying to one side of her as she ignores the advances of most males in here. Jiyong was on the far side of the club, laughing and talking with some of his friends. Even though the music is blaring all around her, the alcohol was free-flowing and she felt damn gorgeous in her new heels, but she couldn’t bring herself to enjoy any of it. The atmosphere was perfect; she wasn’t. She threw her head back with another shot, now drinking purely out of frustration.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” her best friend said, placing a hand on Dara’s arm. “Slow down there, tiger!”

 

“Sorry,” she said, wetting her lips. “Seems like I’m keener on drinking than partying tonight.”

 

She swirled the umbrella in her drink. “Jiyong’s being a bit weird, huh?”

 

“So it’s not just me feeling that way?” Dara asked in relief. “Thank God!”

 

“He’s normal with me, though,” she added, popping a cherry into . Dara had to wait for her to swallow before she can continue. “Something’s definitely up.”

 

“Maybe he’s just moody.”

 

“Like he’s menstruating?”

 

“Guys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter