Belong To Different Worlds

Tokki Prince Charming Reborn P.II

     French Dramatist, Jean Racine quoted, "There is no secret that time does not reveal." Referring the truth will be revealed sooner or later. Ilwoo, Manager Joo, and Daehyun discuss in private.

"What are you doing in this village? Why are you calling yourself Wonbin? Don't you know how worried sick your family has been? How troubled the company is operating after you disappeared?!"

"Pardon? I'm not following and I just met you."

"Uh, come again?"

"Ahhh~! You meant your boss? Hyosung had me pretend to be him. Don't tell me you were also convinced? It was all staged."

"This isn't funny nor a joking matter. You must be faking you're amnesic 'cause the current sight of you irks me."

"Aren't you being rude? I barely even know you."

"Cut the act!" Ilwoo yanked onto the clueless boy's collared shirt. "We grew up together! Your name is Jung Daehyun! You are the successor of Matoki Hotel!"

"Enough! Say no more. Ask no more. He is no longer Jung Daehyun. When we found him, he had already suffer from memory loss." Manager Joo came out clean, stunning Daehyun and Ilwoo, he went on. "I'm sorry... I kept your real identity hidden from the beginning. I was deeply concerned of losing my home (TS Motel and Secret Busan Fishing Village) if you had recover your memories and regain your status as Matoki's GM."

"W-wae?" Daehyun gave Manager Joo a confused look.

"The person who ordered this village to be destroyed was Jung Daehyun." Ilwoo enlighten him. "You."

"A-a-anideyo (No, that cannot be*)."

"Eung, maja (Yes, that is true*). Now come back home with me."

"A-and if I do," Daehyun hesitated. "Will I be able to return?"

"Why would you? What purpose do you have here? Matoki needs you. Your family needs you! You don't belong here."

"Who are you to decide where I belong?"

"Let me remind you. Kim Soeun, she is the girl you swore on the day of your engagement, you would take care of her. She has been waiting endlessly for your return at home."

"I-I have a fiancée?"

"Yes, and your return will bring everything back to normal, including your memories. So let us not waste anymore time and get going."

"A-a-andwae! I still have unfinished business to do here."

"Excuse me? What kind of business do you have here that could be more important than your own family? Know your rightful place. You do not belong here, Jung Daehyun!"

"I am not Jung Daehyun! I am Wonbin!"

"Face it! Hyosung made Wonbin up! Must you be what she says you are?! Rather is she more important?!"

"Yes indeed! She is very important to me. So now you know the reason why I am staying behind, let me tell you this, upon your arrival, you have made everyone upset. You should hurry and leave."

"M-mwo?!  Because of you, Soeun made a lot of sacrifices! Although you may have no recollection of your past either, you cannot neglect her! Have some sense!"

"Then what about me? How did I treat her? Did I reciprocate her love for me? If not, why did she sacrifice a lot for me?"

Those inconsiderate words infuriated Ilwoo. He clench his fist and sock Daehyun in the face. "How dare you! Don't you see? She hung her favorite yellow scarf you bought for her when you went missing. That represents the immense amount of hope and devotion she has in you!"

"M-Mr. Jung (Ilwoo*)!" Manager Joo dashed beside the speechless Daehyun to tend to his care. "Please keep calm! I suggest we postpone this conversation another time once he recuperates. Things are getting far too complicated at the moment for him and if you want to blame someone, put it on me. Hyosung is innocent. I am at fault for keeping the truth silent."

"Fine! For the time being you may not want to go back, but bear in mind that I will return again and take you back to your real home!"

     After Ilwoo agreed and finally departed, Daehyun gestures Manager Joo he would like to be alone.

»          •   •   •          «

     American writer and musician, Henry Rollins stated, "Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes it feels real good." Implying how being hurt by honesty is less painful and will set your mind free then to be pleased and poisoned with lies. A flustered Manager Joo meets with the rest of the crew—who were gossiping about the potential risk of Ilwoo stealing Cousin Wonbin—he assures them everything is going to be okay, at least.

"I-I'll go see Wonbin!" worried Hyosung.

"Ah wait Hyo-dear!" Manager Joo stops her. "Right now isn't best. He needs his own space. Give him some time till he is ready."

"Hah! Told you so." Choco opened her big mouth and blabs. "Duh he wouldn't want to see your face, Hyosung. You are hold accountable for getting Cousin Wonbin scolded on behalf of your materialistic idea."

     Pressured from guilty feelings, Hyosung rushes elsewhere.

"Aren't you a loose lips sink ships?!" hissed Zinsuk, Hana, and Chef Kang. 

"Whaaa... I was only saying the truth..."

»          •   •   •          «

     By the bridge on the beach, Ilwoo isn't in a happy mood, especially being confronted by Hyosung.

"Take your money back. Blame me, not Wonbin. He is innocent. I am at fault for having him impersonate Jung Daehyun."

"Hmph. I thought you enjoyed lying and tricking other people, seems I was wrong, you do have a kind soul." he emphasized.

"Eh? I uhm... didn't mean any harm... was it that bad..?"

"Clearly, Wonbin is not your cousin. We'd been close together since childhood. He is the real Jung Daehyun!" he fumed, making her feel as if the world had just crashed down before her eyes. "I don't understand why you hid him. Neither do I understand why you created a false identity for him. What exactly do you want from him anyway?!"

"N-n-n-nothing..." her voice shooked.

"Nothing you say? Heh. Jun Hyosung, I finally see your true colors." he glared and walked away.

"J-Jung Ilwoo!" she trail behind and try catching up to his speed. "If his family was very concerned about him, then why weren't there any news articles, media reports, or even a missing notice? I had no form of contact that could've helped me reach his home!"

"Of course that is just an excuse. Everything is too coincidental. It must had been part of your diabolical scheme. Having him play as Jung Daehyun~ Making Wonbin fall in love with you~ What next? Ahh~ Let me guess. Extort his family? How much? $1 million dollars? Is that too little? Would you prefer more? Perhaps I should lend you some help?"

Tears were filling Hyosung's eyes. "Is that how you see me?"

"Do you believe there is a hint of honesty in you? I suppose not. Oh~ Not to mention, while you were keeping Jung Daehyun in the dark, his fiancée is waiting for him!"

     Slowly but surely her heart cracked.

"Let me clarify this. A hutch cannot contain a rabbit. He'll return to his burrow in grasslands one day. Don't be gullible~ You won't stand a chance keeping him at Secret Busan Fishing Village forever. Also, one last tip, you belong to different worlds."

     His final words were a mental breakdown for her.

»          •   •   •          «

     Wandering lifelessly back at TS Motel, Hyosung spots Daehyun from a distance, and is suddenly reminded of the most heartbroken thing she could not forget easily.

[Ilwoo's voice echoes: "You belong to different worlds."]

     The mere thought of it startled her. She began to cry softly by herself while remembering each and every moment they had spent their time together. And the longer she continue to stare at the back of his view, pushed her to cry much harder.

Minutes ago, you were by my side.

(It is warm inside the castle being next to my Prince.)

Now, we are only a few steps apart.

(It is cold outside because there is a bridge between us; separating commoners from the wealthy.)

But this short distance... seems so far away...

(Although I can see you on the other side of the bridge, I am not allowed to cross it.)

They say we belong to different worlds.

(This bridge, that divides us, will I be able to reach you someday?)


A/N: Annyeong! I am working on building ideas for Luhan x Hyosung story. If you have any inputs, feel free to let me know~!

BTt3TgVCIAA7h-b.jpg:large  Photo