Safe and Sound.

Tokki Prince Charming Reborn P.II

     Today won't be like any other day. Cause it will be an extraordinary day. A day that will mark Hyosung and Daehyun's last first date.

"Omo omo omo~! I can't believe we are actually in..."

"Lotte World, this amusement park is..."

"Huge! There is lots we can do and must do, Wonbin! Pali! Pali! Come on!"

"Ahaha. Slow down, Hyosung. Take it easy. We have all day."

BkHhp8TCcAAh8bc.jpg:largecutedjBpUJcHDCIAAKQAj.jpg:large

     All day that has gone by excessively fast. Their entire day was spent diligently going on rides, viewing shows, playing games, eating delicious food, drinking and snacking some more, and shopping souvenirs. Leaving their final stop made before night falls at the carousel.

"Aigoo~! Kyeopta~! Can they be anymore sweeter and adorable looking?"

"Are you referring to those elderly couple?"

"Mhm! They look very happy together, still hand-in-hand, smiling and cuddling each other. Though it's difficult to stand by one another through good times and bad times, and even sustaining it for many years, their relationship must have been incredibly strong. I wonder if we'd be like them after 50 years..."

Daehyun clutches Hyosung's left hand and caress her cheeks using his thumb. "It would be very tiring sticking with you for 50 years."

"Aish..." she pursed her lips.

"But I can deal 20 years." he smirked.

"Tch..." she gave in and giggle.

Thereon he lifts her hand closer to his eye level. "I've been wanting to ask you this."

"Yes?" her head tilted.

"Does this ring have special significance to you? I've never seen you take it off."

Her chest tighten. "This ring belongs to you."

"My ring?" his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yup~! Ever since I wore this ring, we had been constantly bickering over it and when I tried forcing this ring off of my finger, somehow it just wouldn't come off."

Triggering Daehyun to spontaneously reference: "When true love is found, the ring will fit snugly on her finger."

She bat her eyes. "Eo?" 

"Odd... I'm not sure why I said that. I might have heard it somewhere before. Probably some infomercial?"

"Ah-ahh..." her hand and feet tingled.

"Then again, since you couldn't take it off, it must be true." he grinned and place his lips on top of her ring.

Captivated by Daehyun's gesture, Hyosung returns a sweet smile saying: "It'll only fit her finger when there is true love. I'll remember that forever."

     Once they got off from the merry-go-round, an employee interrupt them momentarily, asking if they would like to have their picture taken. Photos do build momentums that make memories and create keepsakes. So they gladly took a few couple shots. One for Hyosung, and the other for Daehyun. He slip the polaroid picture inside his pocket before taking their leave from Lotte World.

"Wonbin, I promised my close friend that I will drop by their house today. It will be on the way home. I want to personally hand them their gifts I bought earlier. It won't take long either. You're okay with it, right?"

"Since it is in the same direction, that won't be a problem, Hyosung."

"Gomawo~! Today was a load of fun too. I'll never forget this day ever."

     Daylight has gone, the dark night has come. They arrive at their destination point. A stern Hyosung looks up and down a piece of paper, double checking if the location matches the house address and precise time written on it, whereas Daehyun starts feeling uneasy.

"Your friend lives here? Are you sure?"

"Why do you ask?"

"This place is..."

"You remember something?!"

"Aniyo, rather you look out of place here."

"Ah-ahhh-hahaa..." her voice quivered.

Then Daehyun lightly pushes the metal gate door forward. "Oh! It's unlocked~!"

Hyosung gently tugs his shirt. "Why don't we play a game?"

He ruffles her hair. "You're awfully in the mood for games today."

"Heehee."

"What game shall we play?"

"A kind of game where you must act well."

"Which would be?"

"You pretend to be a delivery man." she handed him a Lotte World tote bag.

"Easier said than done. Will your friend get upset?"

"You'll do just fine, and don't worry, my buddies and I always joke around together."

"It must be nice to have friends." he pinched her mochi cheeks.

"Anyways, we can't keep them waiting any longer." she rushed him. "Go on~!"

"Wait, how about you?"

"I will jump in from behind and surprise them. You go get a head start."

"Arasseo, arasseo. I'll be going first." he saluted her. "Meet you there."

"You betcha."

"Let the game begin."

     Begin and end, as soon as Hyosung began creeping backwards, watching Daehyun press the front entrance doorbell, bidding him farewell.

Mianhaeyo, Wonbin.
Even though you are clearly standing right before me, I may never be able to reach you still.
You and I are different. We are worlds apart. This is where you truly belong.
This is where your true family and friends are. This is your real home. This is your life.

I'll back off so you can live. No one can hurt you now. You and I will be safe and sound.
My one and only prince, g
oodbye forever.

     Forever parting and going separate ways. As Hyosung turns herself around to face forward, she ran as fast as she could, far far away from Daehyun, not daring herself to ever look back, until her presence vanish from his.

Letting someone go isn't easy. It takes a lot of courage and energy to do it. Hoping time could heal the wound.

     The moment of truth came when the door of the house Hyosung claimed to be her close friend's flung wide open. Daehyun's eyes were like flames of fire. His positive attitude change 180 degree. He is aggravated at the mere sight of the two people he wished he would never meet again.

"Thank goodness. Welcome home, Daehyun." Soeun happily greeted him, wrapping her arms around his.tumblr_lw1aavXQOS1qgvay4o6_400.jpg

"How did you convince Hyosung to bring me here?" Daehyun fumed, removing Soeun's arms from his.

"Rest assured, you are finally back home." Ilwoo advised and pay no heed to other concerns Daehyun had.

"Auntie will be ecstatic to know you returned home safe and sound too." Soeun gratefully added.

"I feel honoured. But I have no business here. I am worried why Hyosung would do this. I must go and find her."

"There you go again. Hyosung this. Hyosung that. Andwae! Stop thinking of Hyosung! Daehyun-ah, everything you had, including me, your fiancée, you can regain it all!"

"I'm sorry, Hyosung must be very sad and lonely if I am not by her side. Right now it is dark outside and she is afraid of the dark. I need to hurry and take her home. Allow me to excuse myself."

     However, Ilwoo steps in and prevents Daehyun from moving another inch, provoking each other.

"Wake up! You simply cannot walk out on us. Everyone here is depending on you. And you must resume your life by all means, cause after all, you are Jung Daehyun!"

"Save it. Tell that to someone who wants to be Jung Daehyun."

"Face it! Running away is useless. Your actions will only cause great damage. And to nobody else but Jun Hyosung!"

"Given the circumstance that I simply cannot move you out of my way. Do you remember how you hit me at TS Motel?"

"Mwo?!"

     Without blinking an eye, Daehyun threw a punch at Ilwoo's befuddled face, sending him straight down to the ground.

"I-Ilwoo, gwaenchana?!" Soeun panicked and looked after him.

      This was Daehyun's chance to escape. He gladly takes the liberty of fleeing as quick as he could to locate whereabouts of Hyosung. Everywhere he search, he cried out her name relentlessly, until he stumble upon a night bus at its drop off and pick up zone that carried his precious jewel.

Daehyun cutely running for his life ; 3 ; run bby run 10341473_698068480241259_431971110444540

"Wo..." Hyosung gasped and puts her hands against the cold bus window. "Wonbin?!"

    The bus door closes and began moving ahead. Not a second to waste, Daehyun storms next to the bus, where Hyosung was seated at. Then he charge his way in front of the bus, before it could gain high speed, making the bus driver frighten and slam onto the brakes hard.

"Goodness gracious!" the bus driver freaked out and opens the door.

     An angry Daehyun dash in-and-out of the bus with a distressed Hyosung.

"A-are you crazy?! What are you doing?"

"Same goes for you! You lied and took me to Ilwoo and Soeun. How could you leave me there alone? And why? Didn't I already tell you? I made up my mind and I will stand by my decision. Give me an explanation, Jun Hyosung."

     Little did they know, a mysterious van with lights turned off strolls in on them during their bicker, watching their every move.

"Don't you see? You are Matoki's Jung Daehyun. They need you. They are counting on you."

"Don't you get it? I don't want to be Jung Daehyun! I am Won—"

     Wonbin, for the time being. As Hyosung attempts to getaway by crossing the street with Daehyun following from behind, the van took this opportunity to accelerate at them. Without any advance warning, Hyosung realizes and pushes Daehyun out of the way, taking a hit alone.

"Hy..." Daehyun ran back and held her unconscious body in his arms. "Hyosung?!"

      A few masked men jump out of the van and lock their target on the person they were assigned for to be eliminated: Daehyun. Quick and easy they swung their bat across his head casting his misery to sleep. They were about to abduct him too, but an unknown interferance made them fail to do so. Thus they drove off  and left him bleeding, lying vulnerable on the pavement, touching Hyosung's fingertips.

Mianhaeyo, Hyosung.
I couldn't protect you as I promised.
If this is how it has to be, then you'll be alright.
No one can hurt you now. C
ome morning light.
You and I will be safe and sound.
My one and only princess, goodbye forever.


A/N:  Source of images are from iDaehyunBabyCptFantasy; eiresi1. Throughout writing this chapter, I was reminded of "For a faster story development, she was involved in an unexpected accident." from Big Bang's Secret Garden Parody  and also Taylor Swift's song, Safe and Sound (Feat. The Civil Wars). So I incorporated a small snippet of the song lyrics. Hope it turned out well. Eek! All the feels~!