The Last Thing I Wanna Do

Tokki Prince Charming Reborn P.II

     Tick tock goes the clock.

"What do you plan to do, Wonbin? Oh I uh meant GM Jung Daehyun." Manager Joo corrected himself.

"Just as planned, you visit the tour agencies and magazine publishers, while I arrange invitations."

"But TS Motel..."

"Isn't torn down yet. Pay off the debt you owe Matoki as soon as possible, then this entire situation will be revoked."

"Am I hearing you right? Considered I wasn't truthful about your past, aren't you going to blame me?"

"Initially, I did want to know about my past. Now that I do, it's weird."

"Eeh..."

"I am Jung. Dae. Hyun. Huh. So what?"

"You don't blame me...?"

"A wise man once said I was given a second chance to start anew my life because God is asking me to slow down, to listen to the voices around me, and to feel the emotions around me."

"You remember everything I said before?!"

"Here, I felt happiness working hard for the person I care for. And here, I wouldn't want the person I care for get hurt."

"Ahh. That child, she is innocent. You must believe her."

"Heh. Hyosung, when she cons people, her strategics are done right. When she supports people, her tactics can be misapprehended and botched. I could tell when she is true and when she is lying. I understand her. I trust her. Jung Ilwoo, on the contrary, is persistent. I know he won't give up easily. He may become a hindrance. Under such circumstances, the revival of TS Motel must be advanced." Daehyun put out his hand in front of Manager Joo. "Together we will succeed. He nod and blink his eyes in-sync.

"Ka-huh-kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida!" Manager Joo weep tears of gratitude and marvels over the brand-new person. "The you now is different. Completely different from the past!"

»          •   •   •          «

     At hospital room 2012, a Registered Nurse (RN) ask Soeun if Miss Pinwheel is her because their patient's son secured an old pinwheel inside a pretty angel keepsake box located in the cupboard she pointed. The nurse was told it was a handmade gift by a girl he cherish the most. Soeun take a look-see and began to reminisce her grade school days.

PinwheelImage1.jpg

A little boy accompany a sad little girl.

"Daehyun rejected my pinwheel..." she pouted.
He grabs the pinwheel on the grass. "He too picky."
"I made it with all my heart..." she sighed.
 He blows air into the pinwheel. "Such a waste..."
"...such a disappointment." she kicked her legs in the air.
"Let me have it then." He spun the pinwheel. "I really like it."

Thanks to the little boy, the little girl's frown turn upside down.

     This short bittersweet memory, showed even till this day, her pinwheel held great sentimental value to him. Only now, she understood its importance. Half an hour later, the son of the patient make his appearance.

"How rare? What brings you here?" he wondered at her sight.

"The hospital could not reach you. So they contacted me instead. I was notified the life support system malfunctioned. Fortunately they managed to fix it in the end." she informed him. "Your mother is fine."

     He felt relieved from her assurance and much moved by her next action she does with complete care.

"Ilwoo oppa, you keep staring at me. If you have something to say, you'd better say it now."

"...I didn't expect you'd be here. Also seeing you cleanse my mother's neck and hands... I can't believe it."

"Me neither." she briefly stepped aside to get his precious treasure. "I can't believe this."

"Soeun..." he spoke with minimal breath and takes the pinwheel. "Daehyun, he is still ali—"

"Let's not talk about Daehyun." she paused him. "Forgive my negligence. I didn't realize how much pain you had gone through by yourself trying your best to always make me happy. I don't want you to suffer anymore because of me. Now it is my turn to make you happy. So don't constraint yourself. Share your pain with me. If not, let me stay beside you. I know Daehyun would want us to be happy. He'd even want me to find someone I can depend on and will not hurt me. I too don't want to lose anyone else."

     His feelings waver. Her words remind him of what Daehyun had said earlier regarding Hyosung. He came to a strong decision.

"Hurting you, is the last thing I wanna do."

»          •   •   •          «

     Currently in Matoki's Vice President office, a special client finalized an event contract.

"Thank you for choosing Matoki Hotel Time as the venue for the convention. I guarantee we will not disappoint you, Executive Bang."

"Please you may call me Yongguk." He lay the documents on the desk. "Ilwoo and I are good buddies. I could have asked him for help. But I didn't. My belief is a great work ethic equals success. Therefore I am glad we are able to settle this together, GM Yoo Youngjae."

"With pleasure. I empathize with your choice of action."

"I also hope to see GM Jung Daehyun again. He startled everyone at our recent function."

"Pardon? Yongguk, you must have been mistaken. Our CEO would not show himself in public." 

"I didn't think it was true at first either. Though it's logical. He flew back from Japan to rush alongside my elementary schoolmate, Jun Hyosung. Her family owns a store in Secret Busan Fishing Village."

     Silence filled the air. Hyosung's defensive speech on protect nature life during the incident TS Motel was about to be bulldozed entered Youngjae's mind. He gave another careful thought how her plan and lecture style are an exact mirror of Daehyun.

»          •   •   •          «

     The sun has set. The sky darkens. The stars scintillate. The sound of crickets grew loud. Hyosung wipe jars crystal clean that aren't necessary to distract herself. Her little brother walk around in circles holding a textbook and tapping the pencil-top eraser against his head. And her mother cut watermelon into cubes with vexation.

"Hyung isn't back yet?" Zelo sulked.

"Yeah! What's taking him so long?" G.NA shouted.

"I am stuck on some math problems."

"The bathroom light bulb is broken."

"These alien equations are confusing."

"The chores are piling."

"My brain is fried! Noona, do you know when hyung will be home?"

"Sheesh! That boy dare disappear on us. Where could he be?"

"Yah! Enough!" yelled Hyosung. "Wonbin this. Wonbin that. You aren't babies anymore. You can't always rely on him! You can't expect him to do everything all the time! Can't you be more independent?!"

     Their eyes widen and jaws drop.

"Omo~ Omo~ Our Hyo-dear has exploded. Frustration is written all over your face and body. Did something happen? Were you guys fighting?"

     Hyosung fumed and avoids them. Thereafter Daehyun arrives and he was not alone. Everyone dash toward the injured person with crutches for strength support and ask what had happened.

Daehyun answers on his behalf, "Master Joo fell down the stairs trying to help Hana. The doctor explained signs of bone fracture where he sprained his ankle. Luckily it won't become a prolong issue. But he will need about 2 months of resting period."

"What?! So you brought him here?!" G.NA bickered. "This ain't a nursing home."

"Hey, hey , hey! I wouldn't have come if it wasn't for Wonbin. He was insistent."

"Please allow him to stay, Mother G.NA. He wouldn't have to worry struggling doing motel chores, he can relax, and he will have a speedy recovery." Daehyun requested.

"Speaking of which, what are you gonna do about TS Motel, Master Joo?" Hyosung asked. "Are you suggesting Wonbin be your temporary replacement?"

     Brian was hesistant. He knew Daehyun already carries a lot of commitment and Hyosung cannot because G.NA will throw a huge tantrum.

"I'll do it. I can manage."

"B-but Wonbin, you've done so much, especially for them. They wouldn't last a day without you if you're gone."

"Hah... Is that so?"

"Well, that's decided. Hyung, can you teach me math now?"

"Of course." He grabbed Zelo's pencil and took a look at the math book.

     Gone, was all Hyosung could think of. Her mind drifted far. Little by little in silent she drew near him. Soon he became aware of her gloomy presence and their eyes meet. Quickly she broke contact and left elsewhere. He was then told how strange she has been acting today. Quickly too he wrap up and left in her direction.

     Outside beneath a cherry blossom tree was the lone doll-ish girl sitting on a bench. For a bit Daehyun stares at her and recalls what Ilwoo had said during their argument. He immediately shake it off and smile away. Approaching her, he offer chocolate soymilk box. No reaction came from her. He then seat himself down, keeping his eyes and ears open, he awaits for her with patience until she is ready to discuss.

"You aren't just anybody. You are Matoki's Jung Daehyun." she stated in a soft spoken voice.

Trying to lighten the mood he add,"If I am Jung Daehyun, G.NA won't stand objections. Daehyun is rich and single. He fits her bill perfectly." 

Water begin forming in her eyes. "...mianhae... I didn't know you have a fiancée..."

     Daehyun removes the shrink wrap protecting the straw.

"The agony... Picturing you leave... Forever waiting your return... It must had pierce her heart ten-fold as much..."

Using the sharp end of the straw, he punctures the foil section on top of the chocolate soymilk box. "Can I not be Jung Daehyun?"

     She let out a small gasp and turns to see him half-smiling.

"I prefer being Wonbin. The illegal Mainland fisherman who lost his memories. His life began with a girl called Jun Hyosung. Hyosung cons people. She thinks money is everything. But if you try to understand her, an angel lives inside her."

hyosung+slml.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

"Angel...? Huh... Jun Hyosung is no angel!" she screamed her lungs out. Tears roll down her pale cheeks from his genuineness and sincereness. Her heart ache a thousand-fold more. "Wonbin's loss of memory was caused by Jun Hyosung. Hyosung knocked into him. It was an accident. But she was such a scaredy-cat going to jail. So she created a false identity and gave him the name, Wonbin."

     The smile fade on Daehyun's face for a split second. He takes a sip of chocolate soymilk.

"Jungmal..." she kept sobbing. "Mianhae...

He slurp some more chocolate soymilk. "If I accept your apology, can I be Wonbin again?"

"M-mwo...?" she snuffle. "Why are you so calm? Aren't you mad? Don't you hate me?"

     Listening to Hyosung burst and shake his knee, Daehyun hold no resentment and remain casual.

"I hid you! I didn't find your family! I lied and used you! It is my fault you became like this!"

"This, I like." his hand placed onto hers. "And this, I want to continue. Although I am uncertain about the past and the future, I am certain about you." 

     Her eyes and mouth still quivering.

"There is only you in my life and in my memory. Meeting you and getting to know you was a bless. These are good enough." He wiped the speechless girl's tears away. "Uljimayo (don't cry*). Jun Hyosung has to stay happy. If she cries because of me, I'd rather she never have met me."

     She sniffle some more.

"Don't cry anymore okay? Promise me. Go out with me tomorrow. I want you to dress up."

Thrice she blink. "Eeh...? Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Hmm... We'll leave Secret Busan Fishing Village in the morning. Remember, I want you to wear something really really nice." he replied. On the side of the chocolate soymilk box, he kiss it with his own lips and then press it against hers, making her jump. "See you tomorrow." Ending their conversation at least in good terms.

 Looking back over his shoulder, Daehyun thought to himself as he walk away. And watching him walk away, Hyosung thought to herself.

Wonbin, please don't be nice to me.

Hyosung, whether I stay or leave, will be hurt. 

The better you treat me, the more guilty I'll feel.

What should I do to protect her?

Hurting him, is the last thing I wanna do...

Hurting her, is the last thing I wanna do...

tumblr_n0fxhjqTMf1sdxty3o8_1280.jpg tumblr_mabyl4FcV71qf8nje.jpg


A/N: 2 months idle. Hope everyone is doing much more awesome than I am. Is anyone going to B.A.P Live On Earth 2014 Concert?!

Hyosung-Secret-snowman.jpg   Frozen Time, featuring Hyosung

     Do you want to build a snowman?
     Come on, let's go and play! 
     I never see you anymore
     Come out the door 
     It's like you've gone away
 
     We used to be best buddies 
     And now we're not 
     I wish you would tell me why!
 
     Do you want to build a snowman?
     It doesn't have to be a snowman... 

     Okay, bye...