Everything Has An Expiration Date

Tokki Prince Charming Reborn P.II

     Night has fallen and someone finds himself waiting in TS motel empty of its employees. Despite their unkown absence, the problem lies in a sudden power outage, creating shapes of butterflies and stars glow in the dark on the mosaic marble floors, paving its way towards the patio area. Hence drew him in for a:

happy_birthday_daehyun____by_alexafox-d6

"Surprise!" a small crowd cheered and showered him with champagne party poppersThey gather around him the second Hyosung came out carrying cake in her hand and began singing.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Wonbin.
Happy Birthday to you!

Now standing in front of Daehyun is a dorky smiley Hyosung, "Close your eyes and make a wish."

"Then blow out the candle light!" the rest chanted and blew onto their party horn.

"You guys arranged all of this for me?" he asked them and everybody nodded. "But I don't even know when my birthday is or how old I am..."

"In celebration of your birthday," Chef Kang spoke. "Hyosung baked this cake just for you."

     The simple-minded girl gloats.

"This is the first time ever she has asked me how to bake a cake! Although you should've seen her fumbling in the kitchen. She even burnt her hand!"

     The Chef enjoyed teasing Hyosung, including Hana, whose playful eyebrow wiggle made Hyosung feel embarrassed and be comforted by Daehyun.

"No touching!" G.NA disapproved and cut-in between their moment. "Here. Your present, Happy Birthday."

     Daehyun accepted her birthday gift and opens it to see a familiar object.

"Omma, doesn't that Rolex watch belong to hyung, originally?" Zelo revealed.

"To be precise, he let me have that watch. Therefore I am the owner. Now I decided to give it back to him. Understand?"

Manager Joo pulls her away, unblocking Daehyun and Hyosung. "Aigoo. Stop humiliating yourself, Choi G.NA." 

She hiss and yells, "I'm not!  Hmph. At least I got him something! What about you?"

     While those two are at it again, arguing like kids, Zelo hands the birthday boy a gift bag.

"This is from my noona~!" he grinned.

     Everybody turn their attention back onto Daehyun. They see him pull out a baby blue collar t-shirt.

"Your shirt has been torn for some time now, so I bought you a brand new one." Hyosung explained.

Chef Kang and Hana continue their streak of tease, "Strip! Strip! Strip!"

     Daehyun smirks and jokingly follow—PG-13 style of course—he removed his old tee and wears the new tee over his tank-top with tiny help from Hyosung, who fixes his collar. Afterward, Zinsuk and Choco boast about how convincing they were pretending their skills had deteriorated with Daehyun earlier, thus a training and development was purposely scheduled at this suggested hour; in order to get him to come to his own surprise birthday party they planned. Thankfully, the outcome was successful and Daehyun praises them, boosting everyone's mood, especially Hyosung.

"Your family celebrating your birthday? Do you feel it?" she asked the pleasant Daehyun.

And he replies, "There's a warm sensation in my chest."

"Uh huh. It is a warm fuzzy feeling, isn't it?"

"Ah ye. I've never felt like this before. I suppose I am feeling touched." he chuckled.

She goes on, "I want you to know this is your home."

"My home..." he repeated after her.

"We are all your family."

"My family..."

"So, whereever you are in the future, whenever you feel weary, you are welcome home. We will always be here for you." she expressed with a crescent smile on her face.

"Thank you, everyone. Grant I did not like Secret Busan Fishing Village at first, after some time, I realize that you are Secret Busan." he scratched his head. "The passionate and hardworking Zinsuk, the fast-learning yet unquestioning Hana, the brilliant but chain-smoker Chef Kang, and the fastidious loner Choco. I seem to be teaching everyone operations management, but in actual fact, I am learning a lot more from everyone. Gomawo (*thank you)."

     His sincere message of appreciation for them was well-conveyed. Next, he cuts a slice of the cake enough for each person. Once everyone digs in Hyosung's handmade cake, their content expression became quite dreadful. Cause the flavor she added in the recipe ain't sugar, spice, and everything nice. So what is it? What could her secret ingredient be?

tumblr_mqp838lFxR1rujxrvo4_250.gifChoco spouts, "Heol! Just because you're jealous of my beauty, you don't have to kill me!"

"Omo!" Hyosung lift her fork for a taste. "Wasn't it vanilla flavor?"

"Not even!" They fathomed altogether at the oblivious girl.

"Ack! Pepper!" she pressed her fork against her lip. "Oopsie?"

"Don't tell anyone you learned from me!" Chef Kang begged her.

tumblr_mymxh4ZiuC1rhjgpvo2_250.gif

Ending with Daehyun's constructive comment, "It's an acquired taste."

"Really?!" Hyosung's frown turned upside-down.

"Foolish!" everyone else disagreed and shoves cake into his face.

He the remaining pieces of cake around his mouth, "Even better."

"Says you! Cake monster!" they messed with him further, spreading joy in the air.

"Well then," Zelo popped open a bottle of sparkling apple cider. "Let's party~!"

Everyone raise their cups and shouts, "Cheers!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK1mLyr6jh4BGHP59U5x5

     After a fun long night of partying, Hyosung and Daehyun went off stargazing among the rooftop deck before their bedtime.

"Daaaaebak~!" Hyosung points her finger in the starry night sky. "That is the first magnitude star! Beside it is the sixth magnitude star!"

"Mmnn. According to differences in distance, a sixth magnitude star appears nearer to Earth. It may seem brighter than first magnitude star."

"Ahh~!" she bobbed her head along to Daehyun's mini astronomy lecture.

"Just like TS Motel. It has the potential of a bright star."

"Ohh~! Wise as always. Thank you, Wonbin."

"Hm? What for?"

"For giving TS a high evaluation."

"It should be well-deserved."

"For teaching the others what efficiency is."

"They're capable people."

"And, for giving me, such wonderful memories."

"That's the least I can do for the person I care for."

"Thank you for everything."

     The two shared genuine looks and smiles whole-heartedly amongst themselves. Soon bringing Hyosung to falter. She thinks back about her promise she had made with his fiancée and his friend. Time is of the essence. And one day is all she needs. She knew right off the bat what must be done. She mentally prepare herself and tells him some more.

"Even if I am 100 years old, with a full head of white, a face wrinkled with age, and when my sight, hearing, and energy are fading, and I can't go anywhere, but sit in my rocking chair all day, I'll think of this moment and I'll feel blissful."

     Her frankness impacted him to have mixed feelings of happiness and sadness inside. Though what's for sure is he was definitely moved.

"Is that a confession? Say that again."

"Hmmm... But I don't remember how I said it." 

"Mhmm... If that is how it is going to be, then I too."

"You too?"

"Even when I am 100 years old, I will remember this sight."

     His straightforwardness overwhelmed her to the point she froze and couldn't discern her thoughts from feelings. She was definitely not emotionally prepared. Though she can manipulate her own emotions, at least, temporarily. She manage by enduring the pain under her forceful smile, by avoiding negative tension through arms and legs stretch, and by keeping herself calm doing deep breathing exercises before she could bring herself to speak again.

"Hey~! Are we suppose to go on a date or something?"

"Date?"

"When a boy and a girl get together, they'll go on dates, right?"

"I think so. Are you implying you want to go on a date?"

"Teehee."

"Well, say-so. Why do you look so crest-fallen?"

"Well, you said you don't like proactive girls. Was I wrong to think a boy should do the asking?"

     He burst into laughter about how correct she is. He did prefer the traditional style, where the boy asks the girl out.

"Alright then." Daehyun stands up on his feet, forms an arch above his mouth using his hands, and sets himself ready to shout at the big old moon. "Jun Hyosung! Would you go on a date with me?"

Followed by Hyosung, posing the same way as he is. "Sure! I will go on a date tomorrow with Wonbin!"

     They happily exchanged glances and laughs together. Daehyun was first to break contact, and after he did, Hyosung kept staring at him silently. She sank in everything about him. That is when she realized her limit has been reached. The tears she held in so well, poured out like an endless waterfall. Her troubled mind and heart ache she ignored so well, is suffering thrice. The air she has been breathing with him so nicely, kills her to breathe alone. But without raising any suspicion, she quickly wipe her tears aside and evades any possible question he might ask.

"Heehee. I am extremely happy that it even made me cry."

"You dork." He holds her hand and points his finger in the starry night sky. "Look. Over there. Isn't it beautiful?"

"Waaah! Very beautiful!"

     This time, Daehyun stares at Hyosung, who was busy focusing on the stars. He sank in everything about her. He wanted to figure her out. Behind her gummy smile, behind her contagious laughter, and behind those rare words she mentioned, was she trying to foreshadow something he thought. Something he wouldn't want to imagine that could happen. He brings up another topic.

"Do you believe in everlasting love?"

"Yes~! I do I do~!"

"Why?"

"Because you'll be happier believing it exists."

     They contemplate to themselves.

If you say so, then please tell me, why does it feel like we are coming to an end...?

If you put it that way, I never knew (true) love has no expiration date. Or does it...?

Everything has an expiration date.


A/N: Hope everyone is doing well with school, work, life, etc.

Enjoy reading this chapter. Next chappie won't be such a drag. :)

 

How can Hyosung be so freaking gorgeous?! Good-night kiss is addictive.

With a dash of Daehyun from 1004 (Angel). This cute and handsome boy.

t_dbad5c612eb44b15b1a1788844a92b3b.jpg