Six Long, Long, Long, Long, Long Days

[HIATUS] The Bubble Tea Café

Lee Yunji’s POV

 

“Are you okay?”

 

I glanced up at Jieun, who stared at me with concern. She had a few cookie crumbs on her left cheek with the said half-eaten cookie in her right hand. Stray strands of hair had escaped from the clutch of her tight high ponytail. She needed a haircut soon.

 

I blinked once and then began to stir the pearls in my peach milk tea with my straw once again, “Yeah. Why do you ask?”

 

“You’re quiet today. Usually when I visit you show a little more…enthusiasm,” She replied. I didn’t know what to say, so I continued to watch my tea with mild interest. A whirlwind of light peachy sludge and shiny black tapioca. “Is it about Kris?”

 

I sighed, “I hate to admit it, but yeah it is.” I took a long sip from my drink, chewing on a couple of pearls. “I just hate them, you know? Netizens.”

 

“You do know that we’re netizens too right?” She laughed, earning a glare from me. “Yunji take a breather. Don’t take it so seriously.”

 

“I’m worried about him. People are being unfair about the situation,” I grumbled.

 

I had only recently found out that Kris had been in Canada for a month and had returned to Korea this week. There was a family issue of sorts that he needed to attend to. Though no one knew what the problem was, fans and the media were out for blood. They called him the useless member of EXO, the good-for-nothing bastard who was delaying the comeback on purpose. Inconsiderate, talentless, the list went on. It tortured me, the fact that I didn’t know- that I had been oblivious to what was going on in my second husband’s life.

Despite the rumours and hate finally dying down, I felt glum- like a cold rainy day.

 

“Kris is a big boy, he can handle this. Idols receive crap from the public all the time,” She tried to reassure me. “You need to stop worrying about people you haven’t even met,” Jieun slurped up the last of her coffee milk tea.

 

I caught myself as I was about to protest. That was the hard part about not telling anyone about meeting Kris- pretending that it hadn’t happened. I knew she was right in a way. I needed to focus on my own life. There wasn’t any point in stressing out over something I had no control over.

 

Deflated, I nodded in defeat. “I’m a still a bad wife if you ask me.”

 

“You know sometimes I think you see Kris as the only member of EXO and don’t care about the others?” She poked my cheek with a finger playfully. I swatted her hand away and shook my head with a smile.

 

“I don’t think about EXO that way and you know it,” I said.

 

“You have a pretty good way of showing it.”

 

“Chanyeol is my third husband,” I shrugged. “So I don’t really see you winning this argument Unnie”

 

“Point taken,” She rolled her eyes. “How many husbands do you have now?” She raised a perfectly arched eyebrow, teasing me.

 

“Just three,” I grinned cheekily. “But I lost count of my secret boyfriends a while ago,” I slyly winked at my friend, the both of us giggling like teenagers with a secret.

 

“Same,” She mouthed.

 

Kris Wu’s POV

 

“Okay, that’s enough for now! Chanyeol wear something that slides against the floor better the next time I see you! Kris you’re still stiff when you dance, fix that! Baekhyun I want a wolf not a golden retriever! Suho be more explosive, I’ve seen my grandmother bounce up faster than that! Tao and Kyungsoo, what were you two even doing?! And the rest of you, don’t think I’m not watching you!” Our choreographer boomed. He projected his voice as if he were talking to an assembly of students instead of 12 guys.

 

“Neh,” We all droned in a monotone. Exhausted and hungry, we were the walking dead.

 

I waddled over to my bag and chugged down water until I felt like I was drowning. The passionate dance instructor stood on the other side of the room, with a hand resting on Kai’s shoulder and the other on Lay’s.

 

“You two,” He sniffled.

 

“Here he goes again,” Luhan nudged me.

 

Xiumin chuckled by my side, “He always gets emotional after every dance practice.” I nodded and we, along with the others watched the scene contently.

 

“You two are perfect,” The dance crazed man sobbed. “Keep doing what you’re doing,” He squeezed our friends’ shoulders. Lay and Kai awkwardly patted his back. I bit down on my tongue to suppress the loud sound building up in my throat.

 

As soon as Yongmin-hyung went to see the choreographer out of the building, the room was filled with snickers. Kai and Lay collapsed onto the hard wood floors, groaning in irritation.

 

“Why does he do that?!” Kai whined, flailing his arms around like a retarded octopus.

 

“Every single time,” Lay added on, pulling at his hair.

 

“That’s what you two get for being the best dancers,” Sehun called out for those of us who didn’t receive the awkward over the top treatment from the dance instructor.

 

I closed my eyes and rolled my head from side to side- the kinks in my neck needed to be loosened up. I was sore from 4 hours of continuous dancing and couldn’t wait to go back to the dorm and sleep. A heavy, bony weight landed on my lap with a thud.

 

“Ouch!” My eyes flew open. Sehun was on my lap with a squinty eyed smile plastered on his face. “What the hell?” I hissed as the pain in my thighs seared.

 

“Hyung…” Sehun wrapped his arms around my neck, his face inches away from mine.

 

My eyes popped out of their sockets and I leaned away from his face. “What are you doing?!” I exclaimed in a slight panic.

 

“Sehun stop terrorizing Kris-hyung, you’ve been causing trouble all week,” Kyungsoo leaned against the wall, burning holes into the back of the maknae’s head with his gaze. I appreciated it that he was speaking up, but I wanted to whack him with a frying pan for not moving from his spot.

 

“Hyung can you get me some bubble tea?” Sehun requested in a voice that was made of sickly sweet things. His eyes were big and played innocent. I wanted to barf a rainbow onto him.

 

I removed his hands from their place at the back of my neck, “I already bought you bubble tea at the beginning of the week.”

 

“That was 6 days ago. Hyung I’ve been deprived of bubble tea for 6 long, long, long, long, long days,” He melodramatically said with the back of his hand against his forehead.

 

This kid…

 

“Sehun-ah stop asking for stuff you brat,” Tao lifted the glutton from my lap and placed him on his own two feet.

 

He wriggled out of Tao’s hands and wiped his arms as if they were covered in crap.

 

“You’re just jealous Tao,” He glowered.

 

“I’m not jealous you idiot. Remember, Taoris is real,” The panda beamed jokingly, causing an uproar of cheers from the rest of the gang. Even I couldn’t deny it was funny.

 

“Please Kris. The bubble tea you got me last time was the best bubble tea I’ve ever had,” Sehun pleaded, getting onto his knees.

 

Chanyeol crawled over to the bubble tea boy and flicked his forehead, “Punk stop exaggerating.”

 

Sehun returned the favour and flicked Chanyeol in the same place, “I’m serious. It was the best. It was the most wonderful thing ever to grace my taste buds,” He insisted.

 

I cocked an eyebrow, “Really?”

 

He nodded with sincerity, his eyes showing that he really meant every word he had said.  

 

“Ugh…Sehun…” I threw my head back against the wall, closing my eyes again. I didn’t know whether to give in or not and I was so tired already. I was already spoiling him so much. I opened one eye and stared at a Sehun with puppy dog eyes. “Do you really want some more?”

 

He nodded once, bobbing his head.

 

“Stop with the aegyo, it’s obnoxiously cute,” I rasped.

 

I’m going to turn into a zombie. Why does he have to ask for things right now?!

 

The room was filled with anticipation as everyone waited for my answer, I could have cut it with a knife.

 

I took a deep, exasperated breath, “Okay.”

 

“Yay!” Sehun cried and jumped onto me, pulling me into a hug. “Thank you Hyung!”

“Get off of me you ,” I shoved him off with the remnants of my strength.

 

He pouted, but I really couldn’t care less. I stood up and grabbed my gym bag.

 

“You are an annoyingly cute pain in the Oh Sehun”

 


Writer's Notes:
Just another filler chapter before the real fun begins. You know, because if we went straight into it then it wouldn't really be life.

The poster is amazing isn't it? Thank you ohsehungg~~~
Thank for subscribing/reading/commenting/supporting/being awesome ^^

Lots of love,
xoxoxo,
HEARTACHES <3