Five Minute Fight

[HIATUS] The Bubble Tea Café

Lee Yunji’s POV

 

Had I imagined the whole thing? Was it all in my head? It was surreal, everything that happened today. My mind kept on replaying my meeting with Kris frame by frame. It wouldn’t have surprised me if none of it had really happened, I wasn’t too sure of whether I was awake or not sometimes. For all I knew my alarm clock was about to go off and I would bolt out of bed to find that today hadn’t really happened.

 

My grip on my chopsticks tightened as I continued to eat my bibimbap, munching away while staring out the kitchen window of my apartment. The sauce was a little too salty and the bean sprouts were slightly undercooked from my wandering mind focusing more on Kris than on my dinner preparation. I closed up the café at 8:30 because lots of people liked to come there for dessert. That meant late dinners for me, around 9:30 every night. Luckily the café was only 2 blocks away, so my commute to and from work didn’t take long at all and I never relied on public transport.

 

I had been debating over whether to call the girls to tell them about my day or not. I decided not to because it wasn’t my style.

I was an obsessed fan, but not an invasive one. I didn’t go to the airport to meet EXO nor did I wait outside of the SME building to catch a glimpse of them. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with doing those things, it was just what fans tended to do once their idols came into sight that disgusted me. Groping their idols and calling out crude things- I despised fans like that. They took their fandom too far, they didn’t respect their idols. I told myself that I would never turn into that sort of person, who wouldn’t consider their idol’s feelings.

I respected Kris and I didn’t want to cause him any trouble, so I would keep our meeting a secret.

 

An idiotic grin spread across my face again, as I thought about the coke he ordered. It was known by most EXOtics that Kris drank coke daily. It was funny to think that someone with such perfect skin drank something so loaded with sugar all the time.

 

Did he drink my bubble tea too?

 

I put my chopsticks down and pursed my lips. Had Kris tried my bubble tea too? I assumed that the coke was for him, but I never really thought about the bubble tea. It could have been for one of the other members, like Sehun. But then again, it could have been for anyone. I suddenly felt flustered, hoping that it tasted fine- that I hadn’t ruined it in any way. What if it made someone sick and he came storming in tomorrow threatening to sue me…

 

Omo.

 

I shook my head and brought my dishes to the kitchen to begin cleaning up. I needed to calm down, I was overthinking it. Nothing was wrong with the bubble tea I gave him, no one was going to die. Hell, the chances of Kris even returning to my café were low.

I sighed with a pout. To think that the first time I met Kris was most likely also the last time made me feel like crawling into bed early. I really had acted like a fool in front of him.

My cheeks coloured with embarrassment for the thousandth time and I shook my head as I pressed the dishwasher's start button.

 

I made my way to my room and closed the curtains that allowed in the neon glow of the strip of bars and clubs I lived parallel to. You could see people constantly going in and out through those doors all night long. The noise was something one had to learn to live with as was the drunkards that would start up fights on the streets. A punch to the jaw, a kick to the stomach, all over some girl or some snide comment that was made hours earlier- trivial things. But then again, who was I to judge? I have never had men fight over me before.

 

My room could have been mistaken for a teenage girl’s rather than a 23 year old woman’s. The walls were a soft subtle yellow and were covered with photo frames and multiple Kpop posters. There was a window above my cluttered desk and a half empty bookshelf beside it. My double bed was squished into a corner of the room, with a bedside table at its flank. My closet door was ajar and I could see a jacket that I had carelessly hung up earlier trying to escape. It wasn’t messy but wasn’t exactly neat today.

 

I plopped down on my bed and my laptop, intending to catch up on everything I had missed out on during my long internet hiatus. I patiently waited while my laptop booted up, my eyes resting on my favourite poster.

 

Shim Changmin. 186cms tall with a weight of 61kgs and a type B blood type. Born on the eighteenth day of February in the year 1988 and raised with two younger sisters in Seoul. Possessing the voice of a god and the ability to give a girl a heart attack with a single smile, the man on my wall piercing me with an unnerving gaze made my stomach flip nervously. The poster was from TVXQ’s mirotic era, and showed Changmin sporting a black vest and y bed hair. His eyes dark and expression near cold, the kind of expression you would have if you were staring at someone you once knew. It made my heart ache- that look.

 

Stupid, y, jerk of a first husband.

 

 

Kris Wu’s POV

 

3 days. 3 days and still there was no news of me walking into that café. It was weird. Had she kept quiet about it? Or were the reporters trying to turn it into something big? I was paranoid, crazily paranoid. The hate I had been receiving from the media and some fans had begun to die down and nothing new about me had sprouted up yet. It just didn’t make sense to me. Why hadn’t anything from that day been reported? Why wouldn’t that girl from that bubble tea café say something? Girls liked to talk and I was positive that she would have told someone about meeting me. But it seemed like I was wrong.

 

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

 

You don’t have time to worry about this Kris.

 

I slipped my phone back into my bag and looked over my rap in EXO M’s Baby Don’t Cry once again. I wondered how the fans would respond to us adding onto the song. Would they like it? Or would they complain about the change? It sounded good from the few times we had gone over it so far, but we were nowhere near ready to do the final recording.

 

“Chen Chen come here,” I called to him from across the room, where he was joking around with Xiumin about something. His head snapped up and he smiled at me, patting Xiumin on the back before hurrying over.

 

He sat down beside me, “What’s up?”

 

“Can you go over the rap with me?” I requested, gesturing to the lyric sheet in my hand. He raised his eyebrows in surprise and nodded.

 

“Sure-”

 

“Cut it out!” Chanyeol’s deep voice bellowed from behind us. I turned around to find Chanyeol’s nostrils flaring as he glared at Sehun who seemed unfazed. Their eyes locked, shoulders squared.

 

“What’s going on?” I asked, standing up from my spot on the floor. Suho quickly appeared by my side, following my lead.

 

“This punk won’t stop playing with my hair.” Chanyeol gritted his teeth, his eyes never leaving Sehun.

 

“And this jerk isn’t being a good hyung,” Sehun scowled, his hands clenching into fists. “I just wanted you to play with me.”

 

“Well did it ever occur to you that maybe I don’t want to play? Huh?” Chanyeol replied, looming over the younger boy.

 

Suho stepped in, one hand on each of the pissed off boys’ chests. “Calm down you two. Let’s all breathe for a minute,” He said in his fatherly manner.

 

“I am calm. It’s this ajusshi who has kimchi up his who isn’t calm,” The maknae muttered. “I hate you.”

 

“The feelings mutual,” Chanyeol scoffed, “And who are you calling an ajusshi?”

 

Sehun chuckled, “Who do you think dumba-”

 

“Sehun. Chanyeol. Shut up!” I barked the order, fed up with their quarrel. Everyone was watching them fight over absolutely nothing, and it wasn’t the first time either.

 

Suho rubbed his temples, “You two need to stop right now.”

 

“If Youngjun-hyung sees you two bickering like children he will have your heads,” I started the lecture. “You both have disrupted the whole group’s activities over such a trivial thing.”

 

“But Hyung-” Chanyeol opened his mouth.

 

“You need to learn to lighten up a little. I don’t care if it is your ing time of the month, you should know by now that Sehun is young and sensitive and just wants some attention,” I cut him off. Those not being scolded settled their eyes anywhere but on me, feeling awkward while the delinquents were reprimanded.

 

“And you,” I grabbed Sehun by his ear, “Owww!”

 

“Chanyeol is not a doll and you are not a girl so stop playing with peoples’ hair like one,” I snarled, “And if a hyung doesn’t want to play with you then go and play with yourself.”

 

I didn’t realize how what I said could’ve been misinterpreted until Chanyeol and Sehun looked at each other and burst out laughing. “Play with yourself!” They hollered in unison.

 

The other members besides Suho and I followed suit and the mood lightened up immediately. The two idiots who were ready to rip each other’s heads off just minutes ago were best friends again.

 

“Oh my God…” Suho and I muttered together, before adding to the noise.

 

I definitely didn’t have time for anything else.

But apparently the rest of the world didn’t think so.

 


Writer's Notes:

Hey! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, life has been busy >o<
Was this chapter okay? I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but I write for myself more than anyone else so...you get the point.
This chapter hasn't been edited yet and I need to tell you all right now I don't do daily updates. You're going to need to be patient and just wait for the updates because I'm learning to not make promises that I can't keep.
On another note...KRIS' TATTOO IS JUST SO... *dies*
I love all the photos that have been released of him and his bulging biceps at the moment (\^o^/)
Thanks for subscribing/commenting/reading/supporting/being awesome! 

Lots of Love,
exoexo,
HEARTACHES <3