Two People

[HIATUS] The Bubble Tea Café

Kris Wu’s POV

 

March. The first month in the Roman calendar. The beginning of Spring.

I arrived back from Canada a few days ago and the rumours still haven’t died down. Kris is leaving EXO, Kris is purposefully delaying the comeback, Kris is being a y-diva. I am sick of it. None of it was true.

They didn’t know why I left and they didn’t need to know, it was my business. It was Wu Yi Fan’s business, not Kris Wu’s. It was Kevin Wu’s business, not Kris Wu’s.

 

Why can’t they just leave me alone?

 

I was grateful towards SM for letting me go on such short notice, to the guys for backing me the whole way like they always do and to the fans who were understanding. But I’m just over it. I want people to forget that I was gone, to let it go. It’s a ridiculous request, but is it so wrong to want everything to just go back to the way it was before?

 

“Hyung!”

 

I snapped back out of my little pity party and was greeted by Chanyeol’s goofy face.

 

I smiled and tilted my head up to meet his gaze from my spot on the ground, “What’s up?” I asked.

 

He shrugged and plopped down beside me, “Nothing. Just wanted to see how you’re doing.”

 

“I’m fine,” I chuckled, “You know how it is, learning a new dance…”

 

He pursed his lips, “Yeah, I know how it is for you Hyung. With your dancing skills…”

 

I cocked an eyebrow, “What is that meant to mean?”

 

“Oh, nothing.” Chanyeol innocently looked away, playing coy. Though a slight smirk gave him away instantly.

 

“You little punk.” I growled, playfully punching his bicep. He feigned hurt and whimpered like an injured puppy.

 

“Bully.” He whined, fake sniffling.

I pretended to gag, “Dude, please don’t. Your voice is too low to ever pull off that whole poor baby maknae thing.”

 

“Oh come on, don’t act like you don’t love it. I know you do.”

 

“What makes you so sure about that?” I took a swig of water from my drink bottle.

 

Chanyeol smiled his creepy smile that girls just somehow eat up, “Because you love me.” He winked.

 

I choked on my water and nearly died, while the weirdo boomed with laughter.

 

This guy…

 

“Chanyeol you e, leave Duizhang alone.” Baekhyun scolded, patting my back to try and help with my choking.

 

“Yeah, no bullying Kris today guys.” Suho passed me a napkin, which I gladly accepted. Patting away the small amount of water that had managed to escape my mouth.

 

“Today? Does that mean we can all gang up on Kris-ge tomorrow?” Tao the smartass, wiggled his eyebrows.

 

I narrowed my eyebrows, “Do you want to get punished again today like you did yesterday?” I threatened the panda.

 

“I can hear the keyboards of a million fangirls going crazy.” Luhan sang, skipping around the room like a freaking girl.

 

Taoris is real.” Kai decides to also invite himself into our conversation.

 

Oh please don’t…

 

“Yeah, you better watch out Kris. The way you say things could determine the fate of…all of our fangirls’ ovaries.” Xiumin snickered, causing the rest of the group to roar with laughter too.

 

Youngjun-hyung stormed into the room, “Yah! I said you guys could have a break for 5 minutes! What are you still doing sitting around?”

 

“How long has it been?” Lay asked in his usual, calm tone. One of the only members who didn’t cause a ruckus during our break.

 

“20 minutes,” Youngjun-hyun rubs his temples, “You guys…”

 

“Where were you?” Tao frowned.

 

“I had to talk to Jaehyuk and Hyunkyun to sort out your schedule for next week. We had to shift some things around. But seriously! Why haven’t you guys been practising Wolf?” He sighed.

 

“Yongmin-hyung was meant to alert us when our break was over.” Chen chimed in.

 

“And where is he?” Youngjun-hyung questioned.

“Bathroom!” Kyungsoo filled in another gap.

 

“He sounded like he was going to be in there for a very long time after eating that curry.” Sehun said with a mouthful of prawn crackers.

 

“Really? That’s gross- Hey! Wait a minute! Weren’t there originally 5 bags of those crackers this morning? Why is the only one left in your hands Sehun?” Youngjun-hyung’s eyes widened.

 

The room fell dead silent, and everyone scrutinised the maknae. He had been the only one snacking on the prawn crackers throughout the day. Sehun gulped nervously, and clutched the bag closer to his chest.

 

“Sehun...” Youngjun-hyung started.

 

“I’m still growing!” Sehun was very quick to defend himself.

 

Chanyeol nudged me, “That’s the real punk.” He whispered playfully.

 

I shook my head to hide my amusement.

 

I’ve missed these guys.

 


 

“Okay, you guys need to just stay put here in the dorm for an hour. Me and the rest of the managers are going to go and talk to the president for a bit. Kris and Suho, please make sure everyone behaves.” Minwook-hyung gave me a meaningful look, before closing the door behind him.

 

“An hour of freedom.” Kyungsoo sank into the corner of one of the couches.

 

“I heard Minwook-hyung discovered a grey hair last night.” Suho murmured to me.

 

“Really?” I made my way to the kitchen, the two of us walking side by side.

 

Suho nodded, “Yeah. Crazy right?”

 

“Should we buy him hair dye?” Sehun materialized out of nothing, startling both of us.

 

You weren’t meant to hear that…

 

Suho cackled anxiously while giving me the ‘We’re dead meat’ look, “No Sehun-ah, we really shouldn’t do that.”

 

“Why not?” Sehun pouted.

 

I jumped in to try and fix things, “Because it will make him think it’s really noticeable.”

 

“But it is.” Sehun flatly replied.

 

“What? No it isn’t.” Suho and I scoffed.

 

“Well…Hyung doesn’t know that.” An evil little smile took over the maknae’s face.

 

Sehun was always a little bit of a handful. But the same could have gone for the rest of us. But Sehun, like any baby of the family, was a survivor and knew how to get what he wanted and needed fast. In other words, he was one of my closest friends and yet a huge pain in the .

 

My eyes turned to slits, “What do you want?”

 

He closed his eyes briefly in mock contemplation, “Hmmm,” He tapped his chin. “Bubble tea.”

 

You little manipulator.

 

Suho gave me a pitiful look before he abandoned me to face the devil child alone. After mentally screaming in irritation, I steered my attention back to said devil child.

 

“You know I can’t get you bubble tea right now.” I gritted my teeth.

 

“You could sneak out. No one will know.” He shrugged carelessly.

 

“I could get caught by the paparazzi.” I argued.

 

“Go somewhere nearby. Wear a disguise. You won’t get caught.”

 

“You know that not many people like me right now right?” I face-palmed myself.

 

“Please Hyung” Sehun whined, doing a much better job than Chanyeol.

 

I bit the inside of my cheek, “No.”

 

“Please.”

 

“No.”

 

He blinked up at me with round, childlike eyes that screamed ‘feed me’, “Please Hyung.”

 

Oh God, the aegyo….

 

Grip slipping…

 

“Okay.” I breathed in.

 

“Yay!” Sehun did a little victory dance.

 

I lifted a finger, “Not a word about Minwook-hyung’s hair to anyone.”

 

Sehun nodded vigorously.

 

Little did I know, that I would need to thank Sehun later.

 


Writer's Notes:

Another update will come tomorrow. MikaMikaChu is our editor, so I will leave all of my wonderful typos and 'engrish' to her. 
Please comment and subscribe!
Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting/supporting the story & us/being awesome

Lots of love,
exoexo,
HEARTACHES <3