9

Guardian of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the next few weeks, Leo and I continued to live as though we were truly a couple. At this point, it was hard for me to even tell whether we were still pretending or not. For the first few days of our "relationship," he would always ask whether he could do couple-ish stuff with me.

"Can I hold your hand? Is that okay?"

"I think if I kissed your forehead, our pretend relationship would be pretty realistic. Can I?"

"Oh! You have a loose eyelash... is it alright if I take it off your cheek?"

"If I cupped your face and kissed you... can I..?"

My heart skipped a few beats just thinking of how he was before. Now he does all that stuff without my permission.

But I'm not complaining.

 

 

 

"Yejin!" Yujin called from afar, "where's your boyfriend?"

"What bo--oh! He's... in Calc right now? I'm not too sure. We kind of just meet up after classes, we never really learned each other's schedules" I laughed nervously. "How are you and Yongguk?!"

"We're great!" and she went on and on about him. This was how I got her to stop talking about my issues. She loved her boyfriend that much... ha.

 

I listened to her cry for the next 2 hours. Turns out their relationship wasn't as stable as she bragged about. He cheated on her a couple of times, but she still let him back into her heart each time. She couldn't find it in her heart to let him go and he was always promising her the same thing.

Honey I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I love you...

Each time she was fooled and she fell even deeper for him thinking he was being honest with her.

"Yujin, I think you... should..."

"I know what you're going to say," she sniffled, "but I can't."

I didn't exactly want to deal with this anymore seeing as she wouldn't listen to me, but I couldn't leave her either. She has been with me through thick and thin and has defended me countless times. As much as I can't stand listening to the same deal over and over again, I owe her my ears open and all. She leaned her head on my shoulder and we sat in silence for a long period of time.

"Don't let Leo hurt you this way," she said quietly.

My heart broke into pieces... not because she offended me or anything but because she was literally falling apart and I couldn't do anything about it. She can't even trust my pretend boyfriend and that was something that... well, hurt me as much as it hurt her.

"I won't," I replied, "but please do consider what is and what isn't good for you. If you do happen to, and I'm not hoping for this, but if you are single... my brother is always there for you with open arms!"

She cackled, "Inguk..? Ha... that actually doesn't sound too bad. But I'll pass. I'm going to give Yongguk one more chance and if it doesn't work out, goodbye to him."

"That's my girl" was all I said to her before lunch was over.

 

 

 

"So you and Leo..." Kai sighed, "are... official?"

"Yes" I hesitated to answer. It... was hard to break it to him like this. Especially after all the effort he put into trying to win me over. While there may have been slight sparks of interest, I don't think I could ever bring myself to love a guy like Kai... Jongin. He looked down at the ground before looking at me, smiling.

"I'm happy for the two of you" he feigned happiness and it honestly hurt my heart to see him like this.

"No you aren't, you don't have to lie Jongin" I bluntly stated. He looked away from me.

"You called me Jongin" he smiled, "without me having to pester you about it."

"I know it makes you happy."

He frowned.

"The mere fact that you call me by my real name isn't what makes me happy" he looked at me again, "It's the fact that you're speaking to me, breathing. You don't ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter