7

Guardian of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So," Kai was balancing a pencil on his philtrum, avoiding any form of studying. "What have you been up to?"

"Oh you know, studying" I replied sarcastically, "you know, it would really help if you would cooperate a little, then we could finish our study sessions a bit faster and I could get home quicker." He grabbed his pencil and set it down on the table, feeling a bit bad.

"Sorry" he apologized quietly, and then began to read his government book. I cracked into a subtle grin and continued to work quietly.

Not too long afterward, Kai was distracted once again and I gave up on him.

"You are going to fail all your classes... you are the biggest idiot" I insulted formidably in an incredibly heavy Busan accent. Kai looked at me as if I was speaking another language and I merely shook my head agreeing with myself. "Yep."

"Hey, that's not fair" he pouted, "what did you just say?"

I chuckled grimly, "I said 'you are the biggest idiot'" I stated as simply as I could.

"Hey! You're doing it again. And it's on purpose. You always speak in satoori when you don't want me to understand" he furrowed his eyebrows, "tell me." I shook my head and studied once more... and then his hand lightly brushed over my arm. "Come on..." I looked at him and then his hand. It began traveling downward and loosely grabbed a hold of my hand.

As I looked at him, his eyes were glued onto my hands... our hands. Suddenly, I realized that my satoori insults were no longer in his mind. It was no longer a matter of finding out what I said, rather what we were or what we could possibly be. He wasn't ashamed of it either because he wouldn't take his hand off mine. I didn't have the heart to pull my hand away as quickly as I wanted to. After a minute or two, I pulled my hand away gently and Kai snapped out of whatever he was in. He looked me in the eyes once and began to read his book as if nothing happened. Once our study session was over, he smiled, thanked me for all the help, and left.

I wasn't exactly sure what was on his mind or what I could have possibly done to figure him out, but I decided not to bring it up to him because I knew he would just avoid the situation. He always avoided his problems, and the only way he could deal with them was to... well, flirt.

 

 

It was Saturday morning and I was still in my pajamas: hot shorts and a striped spaghetti strap top. My hair was a mess as I had roughly brushed through it with my fingers. I figured if there was no one to impress, there was no point in getting dressed up nicely. My eyes were a bit swollen from sleeping in for too long. Inguk ran down the stairs and entered the kitchen.

"Hey sis" he greeted. As I turned around, his face was buried in the fridge.

"Hey bro" I greeted in return with a mouth filled with food. He turned around and shouted out of shock.

"Oh my god, what hit you this morning?" he began to laugh as he closed the fridge door with his foot. "You look like a mess."

"A truck, thank you very much" I thanked him insincerely, "what are you all dressed up for?"

The doorbell rang and he briskly walked toward the door to open it before he could answer. I continued to eat my cereal and Inguk returned to the kitchen after a loud greeting to the guest. Not too long after, Jimin entered the kitchen and I felt a bit embarrassed. While I don't have any feelings for Jimin, he's still a potential candidate on my list of 'husbands-to-be.'

I ran my fingers through my hair in hopes that it would make me look a little more decent... but failed to do so in the end when they got stuck in tangles. "Ah geez" I screeched.

"Need some help?" Jimin offered and I shook my head as I finally detangled the monster that was gradually consuming the tips of my fingers.

"Thank you, sorry for my... appearance" I softly chuckled.

"What about your appearance, you look as cute as usual" he commented as he took a seat across from me. Inguk turned his head abruptly, eyeing Jimin up and down. "What? I'm just stating the truth."

"Yeah yeah..." Inguk blatantly replied while cooking food. "Are you hungry by the way?"

"No I'm good, thank you."

Once I finished my cereal, I put my dishes in the sink and sat back down. "So, what are you guys up to today?" I was curious as to why they were both dressed up.

"We're doing guy stuff, so... none of your business" Inguk replied before Jimin could say anything.

"Well alright then" I got out of my seat but Jimin asked me to stay in the kitchen, so I did. "But seriously, what are you guys up to?"

"We're going on a double date" Inguk, again, replied before Jimin could.

"Ooh!" I smiled, "really? Are they pretty?"

"I would say so!" my brother replied once more.

"Can I voice my opinion/answer for once?!" Jimin shouted as Inguk stuffed eggs into his mouth, allowing Jimin to say something. "I would say so, but not as pretty as you!" he smiled while tapping my nose. I laughed and Inguk punched Jimin. "Ow!"

"Hey, he's just being honest. You don't have great taste in women bro" I laughed, "all you think about is what the girl looks l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter