Chapter 5

What He saw in Her...

“So, how’d you like this school so far?”, Shinhye asked curiously as they strolled along the corridors.

“Apart from those crazy fan-girls, it’s really nice. I’m sure it’ll be an enjoyable time learning here.”, Yonghwa replied with a smile.

Shinhye chuckled at his answer, “yes, I do have to agree to the crazy fan-girls part. They’ll haunt you, trust me. It happens to me every time, except they’re guys.”

Yonghwa nodded. ‘Why do I have this sour feeling in me?’, Yonghwa wondered as he ceased his eyebrows.

Both of them were making their way to their class when a heard of girls came rushing towards them.

Girl 1: “Oppa, what’s your number? Can you give it to me?”

Girl 2: “Ya! Who gave you the right to call Yonghwa oppa ‘Oppa’?! I should be calling him that. Psh…

Girl 3: “YA! He’s mine okay?! Don’t touch him!”

In no time, there was a cat fight.

Yonghwa and Shinhye exchanged looks and took the opportunity to leave. “Who… What you said was no joke. It has only been 1 hour since I’ve been here. Ah… How am I supposed to study this way?”, Yonghwa sighed.

“Don’t worry, I face these everyday. You’ll know later when you reach the classroom. But it’ll happen to you there too. So, just live with it.”, Shinhye patted his back.

When Shinhye opened the door to the classroom, all the students were already sitting down and listening attentively to the teacher. ‘Woah, these are the top students in the level, means I am in the top class… They are hardworking.’, Yonghwa thought with stress building inside of him.

“Ms Lee, this is the transferee, Jung Yonghwa. My apologies for being late, we’re tied up by some school matters just now.”, Shinhye apologised.

“Ah, it’s okay Shinhye. Go, take your seat. And, Mr Jung, please come over here to introduce yourself.”, Ms Lee smiled warmly at them both.

Shinhye went to her seat and Yonghwa made his way to the front. All eyes were on him, he felt as if he was suffocating, but as soon as he glanced at Shinhye, and she smiled reassuringly to him, he felt as if there was a boost of confidence in him. He started, “Hello every one. My name is Jung Yonghwa. Please to meet all of you. I hope to have a great year with everyone here. Please guide me. Thank you.” and he ended with a bow.

“Wow, such a fine young man we have here.”, Ms Lee commented with a hint of admiration. Then she cleared and added, “Okay, since there’re no extra seats, so Yonghwa should take the seat beside Shinhye. Now Shinhye, please guide him, I’m sure you’ll do it.”

All the girls were whispering to each other as they kept their eyes on Yonghwa while the guys were looking at him with admiration. Yonghwa just smiled sheepishly and made his way to his assigned seat. “Hello there table mate, get ready for class now. No talking.”, Shinhye smiled as Yonghwa took his seat. He nodded in reply and started taking his writing materials and the necessary supplies for class. With that, Ms Lee started her lesson again and stated some administrative rules to Yonghwa as he is the transferee.

After a few classes, both Yonghwa and Shinhye were exhausted – partly due to their ‘fans’, and the rest – class. When the lunch bell rang, the girls and guys did not rush to the cafeteria, instead, they were all making their way to where Yonghwa and Shinhye were – at their lockers. Coincidently, their lockers were beside each other. So imagine a horde of crazy girls trying to push each other away so they could get closer to Yonghwa to give him lunchboxes and their confessions, and a horde of crazy guys holding all sorts of food and love letters wishing that she would accept. However, both did not accept anyone of them. Yonghwa was scared out of his wits and Shinhye was trying to make an escape. Shinhye decided to do what she does all the time, divert their attention. “Oh! Principal Lee!” and she bows. When everyone turned their heads, she grabbed Yonghwa’s hand and sprinted away.

Both passed the cafeteria and realised no one was in there, even the cafeteria ladies had a weird face portraying ‘what-the-heck-happened-to-those-hungry-kids-why-arent-they-here’. They laughed but came to realise that there were shouts and calls for them.

They exchanged looks and ran to the rooftop, where no one would be, hand in hand…

 

A/N: Sorry, I know this is an extremely short update but I could not wait to update this. well, at least there’s an update. Anyways, thank you guys so much for reading!! You readers are the reason why I do this… thank you all so much! I’ll update soon!! Please feel free to leave comments! J I feel so happy to read the comments!! Bye, hope y’all enjoyed. This update may be a little boring…

Osh~