Goodbye

The Unexpected Change

Okay so you didn’t even spend a week in a hospital. You asked the doctor if you could be discharged earlier since you’re missing so much in class. But your mom had to make sure if you’re okay. You insisted, hard headed as ever.

You called your mom to help you pack your things and drive you home.

            “Umma? Can you pick me up now?”

            “Okay dear, let me finish my laundry first. I’ll be right there before you even know it.”

            “Okaaaay~~~”

            Someone talked right behind you. “Let’s go then, I’ll give you a ride.”

            “OMOO! WAHHH V, you scared me!” Your soul almost left you because of that, “Miane but my mom is already on her way here.”

            “I already called her. She said it was okay.”

            “You don’t have to do this V. I think you’ve done enough.”

            “Please Jina, I insist. This is the least thing I could do. You’re not even fully recovered yet. You hurt my feelings. Are you just gonna shoo me away. I’m your personal nurse remember?”

            He flashed his oh so mesmerizing smile with a peace sign no one could ever resist, even Taylor Swift can’t. XD

            


You arrived home. It was a silent journey. He asks you questions but you could only respond yeah, no, not really. It was awkward for you. He opened the front seat, assisted you on the way to the doorstep.

            “Thanks V. I really appreciate it. Do you want to come inside or..”

            “Ani, Kwaenchanna. I want you to rest. Are you sure you want to attend class tomorrow?” He asked.

            “Of course. I am so left out.”

            “Okay then. Pick you up tomorrow at 7.” He offered, “I wouldn’t take no for an answer. Byeee”

            “Wait…V!”

            You tried to call him but instead he waved at you and started his engine and drove off.

            “I’m gonna die anytime now. KIM TAEHYUNG-AHHH, I think you would be the cause of my death.”

 

You were about to open the door but you heard voices. They were fighting about something. You leaned closely at the door to hear more. It was your mom, screaming her heart OUT. But who was she talking with?

            “How could you? How could you do this to us? Don’t you care about Jina?

            Now you knew who she was with your appa. But he said he was in a business trip and he won’t be home until next month. You didn’t even tell you dad about your injury because you wanted him to enjoy his trip. It was your first time hearing them have fights like that. You wondered why they were talking about you. You leaned closer and closer almost crushing your ears just to eavesdrop.

            “Since you already know about this, I want a divorce.” You heard your dad slammed the table.

            “You selfish jerk! You only care about yourself!!!! Yah come back here. You can’t do this to us. You’ll just gonna leave because of that woman?”

            You heard footsteps towards the door. Your dad opened, his jaw dropped. You didn’t notice that tears were falling down to your cheeks/

            “Appa, is that true?”

            Your dad couldn’t answer. He could only stare at your injured leg teary eyed.

            “Jina-ahh. What happened to you?” He asked.

            “Appa please tell me that’s not true.”

            “Miane Jina-ahh miane”

            He stormed off. Away from you. Maybe forever.