Tragedy

The Unexpected Change

Just in time. You managed to change your clothes for your next class, World History under Professor Kim Joon Myun aka Suho. You didn't actually pay attention. It was the same old routine every first day of class, which is introducing one self. Well one thing’s for sure, you weren’t interested in knowing all of their names. You put your earphones on listening to music in full volume. Your mind wandered everywhere until that guy just popped into your mind.

            “Hmmmm. Huang Zi Tao. What a weird name for a guy. I wonder if his parents know what he’s doing every now and then.”

            “Jina! Jina! Yah!” Xiam tried to interrupt you daydreaming but failed, “Jina-ah, It’s your turn.” She whispered. But still you didn’t manage to finish whatever or whoever you’re thinking about. Xiam tapped your chair to make it wobble. She did it again and again to get your attention. You were getting annoyed and decided to face her.

            “AHH Xiam, Bboya?” Your voice was too loud. When you looked around, all eyes are on you. They were annoyingly giggling. You removed your earphones.

            “I said it’s your turn.”

            “Oh Okay!”

            Your face turned red. You were hesitant to stand up now  that you are the attention catcher,

            “Okay miss, please introduce yourself” Prof Suho demanded.

            “Ah Neh! Annyeonghaseyo.  Kim Jina-imnida! Uh.. Chuugiii.. Ahhh… Kamsahamnida!”

            You sat down immediately. You could only hope that this class would end as soon as possible. Your classmates are all trying to hold in their laugh.

            “Thank you for that wonderful and fruitful introduction Miss Kim.”

            “What a memorable first day indeed.”

            KRRRIIIIIIINGGG. Class has ended. You still have one class left and didn’t feel like going. You decided to go home ahead. You weren’t feeling well after all the embarrassment happened just for a day.

            “Bye Jinaaa! Rest well. See you tomorrow!”

            Your friends bid farewell as you walked your way to the bus stop. Your phone rang. It was your mom calling.

            “Umma, what is it?” you were worried. You heard her weeping on the next line, “What happened?”

            “Jina-ahh. I don’t know what to do. Why is this happening to me, to us?”

            “Umma waeyo? Tell me what’s wrong.”

            Before she could answer, the call ended. You couldn’t make another call. Your battery went empty.

            “Ah ! Why now?”

            You rushed to cross the street without noticing that the stoplight changed to green. A car was moving too fast towards you. You noticed the car at the last minute. As much as you wanted to move and get away, you just couldn’t move your limbs. The driver hit the brakes. You could hear the tires screech. It was too late. You got hit. The impact was not that strong but you landed a few metres away from the car itself. There was blood. Your head hurt as . Your vision slowly fading and was blurry. You heard the someone got off from the car and hurriedly went to check up on you. You can’t quite see who that person was but you can assure that it was a guy.

            “Miss! Miss? What have I done?”

            His voice seems familiar. You opened your eyes once more to take a good look.

            “Taehyung-ah?”

            There. You lost your consciousness.

            “Miss wake up!. No no no. This can’t be happening.”