My Personal Nurse

The Unexpected Change

You were extremely bored while switching the channels. You were in a private room. Taehyung insisted since he’s the one paying for your expenses. He wanted you to be comfortable as much as possible. He was really dead serious when he said he’d be your personal nurse. He would call every now and then just to make sure that you’ve taken up your meds. You couldn’t help but daydream since he’s acting like a worried boyfriend. To think you were just contented watching him from afar, stealing glances, stalking in facebook and etc. But then again, you thought that he is just doing this as a kind gesture. Just that, no more, no less.

            You decided to call your besties. You didn’t inform them since last night because you don’t want them to worry. But you were extremely bored, one of the things that can make you preoccupied are your friends. You searched Kara’s digits.

            TOOT TOOT TOOT

“Hmm. Did she turn of her phone?”

You searched Xiam’s digits instead.

KRING KRING KRING

“Oh Jina-ah! What is it? Kara and I are on our way to pick you up. Be there in two.” Xiam said on the other line.

Xiam and Kara always pick you up every morning. It’s very convenient since Xiam already has her car.

“Wait! You don’t have to do that. I’m in Seoul Sky Hospital right now.”

“WHAT? WAE?”

“Just a small accident.”

“Be there ASAP.”

            “But you still have class…. Hello? Hello?!? UGH! Why do people keep doing that?”

            Your mom entered the room. Until now she wouldn’t tell you the reason why she cried that time. She would always change the topic every time you try to open up. She has been with you since last night. She yelled at Taehyung to death. She nagged all night to make your ears hurt. You felt sorry for Taehyung. All he could do was to apologize. Since he promised he will take care of everything, later on your mom seemed to agree with his terms.

            “Jina-ah, are you still hurt? My poor Jina. Here, I bought your favourite fruits.”

            “Thanks mom. But please, I’m not a baby anymore.”

            “You’ll always be my baby even though how old you are.”

            “Too cheesy mom.”

            “JINAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

            You were bolt from the blue by the sound your crazy friends arriving shouting their off.

            “Shush you guys. You’re in hospital for Pete’s sake!”

            “Okay Jina, since your friends are here. I’m gonna make a quick run at our house and grab you some clothes okay?” Your mom said.

            “Aigeseommidaaa.”

            “OMG! Are you okay? You call that a small accident? Do you still remember us do you? How many fingers am I holding? ANSWER MEEEEEE!”  Xiam acting like a paranoid zebra with her outfit. She wore a zebra printed dress.

            “Who did this to you? Your leg! NOOOOOOOO!” Kara whined.

            “Hey es, you’re overreacting. I can still walk it’s just a small fracture.”

            You told the whole story. But one thing you didn’t mention is the real identity of your so called personal nurse.

            Someone knocked. Speaking of the devil, it was him.

            “Hi Jina! I saw your mom outside. She said I can come in so I invited myself.”

            Both Xiam and Kara gave you the “you-are-not-telling-us-something-look”.

            “Oh girls, remember the personal nurse I was talking about? V, meet my friends, Kara and Xiam. Girls, meet Kim Taehyung.”

            “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT?” Both girls squealed in perfect harmony that you almost lost your eardrum.