Kim Taehyung

The Unexpected Change

Few hours later, you seem to gain your consciousness as you look around the bright colored room.

            “Miss, are you feeling alright?”

            You were about to have a heart attack to find out who that guy was. He was the least person you thought you could have a conversation with. It was Kim Taehyung, THE Kim Taehyung, YOUR Kim Taehyung. But why was he there?

            “Wait, am I in heaven? You asked.

            He chuckled a bit but you knew it was fake. He looked worried. You are not used in seeing him frowning.

            “No, you’re not dead yet. Thank god! You still remember your name do you?

            “Of course I remember. In fact, I remember yours too.”

            “Really huh?” He seemed flattered by what you said.

            You face palmed, “Jinaaa, Keep calm and…… I can’t keep calm. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!”

            “So, May I know your name then? He asked.

            “It’s Jina. Kim Jina.”

            “I’m Kim Taehyung. You can call me V.”

He offered his hand for a handshake. You didn’t hesitate to grab his hand in a speed of light.

            “I know. We’re in the same school, we even have classes together.”

            “Oh really? That’s why you look familiar. Look Jina, I’m really sorry. Actually it’s my fault that you’re here right now.”

            “It was you?”

            “Yes but don’t worry, I’m gonna pay all your hospital bills. I can be your personal nurse if you want.”

            Personal nurse, Personal nurse, Personal nurse.

            That thought echoed on your mind again and again. You kind of liked that idea.

            “Well I guess the important thing is that I’m still alive right? Or else, I’ll haunt you in your sleep.”

            He laughed at your lame joke. That was just heaven. His smile can take all the pain and worries away.

            “Yeah but your leg.”

            He’s back at his frowning face and turned to look at your injured leg.

            “The doctor said you can be discharge after a week but after that you’re gonna be using crutches. I’m really sorry Jina. I know it’s inconvenient since the semester just started.

            “No really. It’s okay. At least, you didn’t leave me right? I think it was my fault too. I wasn’t attentive of my surroundings. I was talking to my mom and…. OH YEAH MY MOM!” You squealed.

            “Why? What happened?”

            “She was crying when I was… Uhm can I borrow your phone? Its late and I think she’s worried right now. My batt is dead so…”

            “Sure! Anything you need. Here.”

            He handed his phone and you immediately dialled your mom’s mobile number.

            “Mom, it’s me, Jina.”

            “WHERE ARE YOU? WHY AREN’T YOU HOME YET? IT’S GETTING LATE! I’VE BEEN WORRIED SICK! I WAS TRYING TO CALL YOU SINCE FOREVER.”

            “Actually mom, I’m at the hospital right now and…”

            “WHAT?!? ARE YOU OKAY? WHICH HOSPITAL?”

            “I’m okay mom but why were you cry…”

            “I SAID WHICH HOSPITAL?”

            Your mom is worried. You would know just by the tone of her voice. You were the only child. You didn’t have any siblings. It’s just normal for your mother to act that way.

            “At uhm…” You saw the hospitals name embroidered on the towel beside Taehyung. “Ahh I’m at Seoul Sky Hospital.”

            “Stay put. Be there in a minute.”

            TOOT TOOT TOOT. She hung up. You didn’t even get the chance to ask why she was crying.

             “Thanks.”

            “Anytime.”