Tug-of-War

The Unexpected Change

It was the last day of summer when you decided to go to the beach with Kara and Xiam. Of course, Kris had to tag along. They can’t be apart even for one millisecond. You had to cherish every minute to enjoy the sun and play with the sand. Classes start next week. You are going to be a junior already and expecting to encounter another set of stress, stress and stress.

“Yah! Xiam come with me. I wanna go there jjaebaaal! You whined.

“Jjakkaman, I can’t just leave Kris here. What if those girls come and get him?!? I’ve seen them eyeing my baby boo for a while now. I swear to God if they don’t stop, I’ll shred them to ….” You didn’t let her finish and went to ask Kara.

 “KARAAAAAAAAAAAA”

            “Ouch Jina, you are so loud chinchaaa! My ears!! What is it?

            “Please come with meeeeee.”

            “Where?”

            “There. I want to try snorkelling”

            “Do you want me to die? You do know I can’t swim right?”

            “Ohhhh please! I can teach you please please please. *BUING BUING*

            “Ah , I give up. Okay! I’ll just go with you. Don’t even try to push me.”

            “Neh! Araseooo.”

You hurriedly went to that area and started looking for snorkel equipments. The lady employee asked you to check from the shelves. Fortunately, there was still one set left. Before you could grab it, some obnoxious guy already did.

            “WTF! Hey! I saw it first, I was gonna rent it!” You won’t give up that easily and let someone ruin your last day of summer.

            “Sorry little missy, I guess I’m just a bit faster than your petite hands” He winked at you and then walked away. You can’t let him get away just like that.

            “YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” You screamed as much as you could. You saw him smirked. “That son of a b*tch!”

            “Jina, just let him go! And please don’t shout. You’re getting so much attention you know!” Kara warned.

            “I don’t care! I want my snorkel. I saw it first! It’s mine!” That’s it. Your mood was already ruined. You ran after the guy and grabbed the snorkel equipment. But it seems like he was already anticipating it and didn’t let go.

            “Now what?” He looked at you and gave you `the annoyed look`; both of you still holding the snorkel. No one seems to let go and plan to give up first.

            “I’m just going to get what’s rightfully mine”

            “Yeah right! And you want me to hand it to you just like that? He laughed sarcastically. “You wish little missy! It’s mine now.”

You were like children playing tug-of-war. Whoever falls first is the loser. He pulled it towards him. You’re a girl and of course men are stronger. Because of that, you bumped into his sturdy chest. You looked up and met his eyes. He had dark circles but still managed to look good and y at the same time. You became stiff watching him that close.

“You look so much cuter when you’re this near little missy"

You were an inch close to his lips. Your eyes widened, got up with poise. It was just then you realize you had given up. There was just something in him that you can’t continue arguing with “See you when I see you little missy”. He walks away waving the snorkel set with him as sign of winning the silly game against you.

“Jina-ah, kwaenchana? Xiam asked.

“She seemed dazed” Kris added.

You shook your head. “What just happened? Did I just lose to that piece of crap?”