You've got to be kidding me!

His Muse

Soojin's P.O.V

''Soojin-ah?'' I heard my best friend's voice calling from below me room. I lived alone in a loft apartment, it had a floor above the the kitchen that was the width of the apartment and half it's length. I had a mini bonzai tree in my  room by the windown facing the dresser, my room was painted light blue, the drapes had mini butterflies at the edge of it in white and my queen size bed sat in the middle. It had a spiral staircase leading straight into the kitchen. I moved leaning over the railing of my room and looked down to see Misun slipping into her own house slippers.

''You came?'' I asked watching her.

''Mhmmm....it's the weekend where else was I supposed to go, oppa is having friends over so I don't want to be stuck there,'' She said flopping down on my couch and grabbing up the remote.

''You've come to eat my food?'' I playfully.

''Don't I feel loved,'' I said dryly.

''Yah, is that the way you treat your best friend?'' she called throwing a pillow at me. I laughed grabbing it and tossing it back down to her. I moved towards my dresser to grab my work uniform that was hanging beside it on a rack.

''Any word from your Appa?'' she called up to me.  I froze for a minute, before I heard her flipping through channels.

''Ani....you know Appa...he'll sooner or later.''I sighed before slipping on my black vest. I hopped down the stairs as I tied my hair back into a loose ponytail.

''Aish....I thought you didn't work today...'' she said sitting up, giving my uniform a once over. I looked at her apologetically.

''Mianhe....my co-worker called in today for family some family problem. You know I need to pick up some extra shifts.'' She huffed crossing her arms.

''Look...I just shopped, the fridge is stocked to the brim with food,I'll be home around three....lock the door after I leave.'' I said moving towards my shoes.

''Arraseo...''she replied, the she got a look in her eyes, one I was all to familiar with, ''To make it up to me...you have to bring me free drinks.'' I gave her a blank look.

''You want me to lose my job....we are both underage pabo...if they found out I was sneaking alcohol I would be suspended....if I they found out I was a minor stealing for another minor...I would be fined and fired... you want to support me?'' I raised an eyebrow.

She quickly shook her head.

''Didn't think so.'' I looked at the mirror on the door examining my uniform. I was wearing a white button down shirt with a black v-neck vest over it, and a pair of black tight legged skinny jeans.

Suddenly  Lee Minki's eyes flashed through me mind. I shook it way and opened the door. ''I'll be off. See you later.'' I said giving her  a back wave before shutting the door and locking it.


The bar was only  a few blocks away from my aparment, so I was there in fifteen minutes.

''Soojin-ah, you're here?''called out Taejo, my co-worker as he came over to me.

''Neh....the new guy called out..so here I am.'' I called back giving a thumbs up signalling that I was ready to go.

“Well that’s all for the best then  it’s been forever since I’ve worked with you.” He said throwing his arm over my shoulder.

“You’re the best bartender we have.”  He said pinching my cheeks together

 I smacked his hands away. ''Yah!''

“Go to work.” I mumbled and walked away amongst his chuckles.

I looked back to see him talking with the waitresses and I felt a little jealous that they were allowed to converse all night long while I was stuck behind the bar. Not that it mattered, I couldn’t be friends with them anyways condsidering the age difference and I wouldn't understand half the things they kept gossiping about.

I lied to them every time I came into work. Shrugging I slipped behind the bar and started arranging it for tonight. It was the weekend so it was sure to be slam packed.


“Soojin-ah! We are opening!” the manager called to me.

“Nae!” I called back giving a thumbs up signaling I was set to go. People started filing in here and there sitting at tables most people were just getting their dinners right now the bar wouldn’t get busy for another few hours.

“Ah soojin-ah… we have a new band playing here tonight, so we will be extra busy. Make sure you are checking ID’s; because they are popular with the younger crowd…I’m hoping that they’ll pull in a lot of business if they do ill hire them on as the new group and we will open for extra hours…you’ll get more work that way.” I nodded understanding.

“Scotch on the rocks please!” a voice called. I finished wiping down the counter and poured the scotch into a glass on ice.

“Here you go.” I said setting it down in front of the pretty girl. “Oh sorry…ID,” I said before handing it to her. She smirked and handed it over. She was 26. She didn’t look like it. I nodded handing it and the drink back to her.  She gave me her card to pay. 

“Start a tab please, for the band.” I nodded  and swiped the card opening up a tab. Ugh...groupie.

“Here, they just need to tell me the tab number when they order a drink.” I said handing her the receipt.

“Are you their manager?” I asked curious about who they were. She stood up from the bar holding her glass and gave me a small smirk.

“I’m the leader’s girlfriend.” She said flipping her hair over her shoulder and walked off. I gave an unbelieving laugh. Jjinja!

“Bwohya…who does she think she is.” I mumbled to myself. This Band must be really hot stuff for her to think dating the leader was something big.  Just as I expected the bar picked up and got extremely busy, more than I had ever seen it. The band was doing its job and pulling in more customers than before…and they hadn’t even performed yet.

“Soojin-ah! I need six beers!” I almost dropped everything at the sound of Taejo’s voice. I wanted to stop mixing my drinks and get them for him right away but I knew I couldn’t.

“It’s unlocked come in and get them.” I called out.

“Nae!” he called coming in. “Behind you.” He said touching my waist as he walked past to let me know he was there. It sent a chill up my back.

“Soojin-ah! Break!” the manager called stepping behind the bar to relieve me. I had been tending bar for a good five hours by now and it was only eleven.

“Thank god.” I sighed with relief as I ran from behind the bar before something happened and I had to stay. “I’ve had to go to the restroom for hours!” I hissed and ran towards the restroom. I burst into the bathroom and ran towards the back stall kicking it open.

“Omo!” I jumped back  in shock as I saw the girl from earlier face locked with a handsome older man…. Was this the lead singer of the band…he was attractive.

“Learn to knock tender!” she hissed shoving me back out and shutting the door. Bwoh?!

I stared in shock a moment; before the urge to pee overwhelmed me and I ran into the nearest stall. After relieving myself, I made my way through the crowd to the back door leading out to the alley. I took a deep breath of fresh air away from the stench of alcohol.

When your parents were alcoholics and druggies the scent and idea of things that inhabited your senses weren’t very appealing.  I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the side of the building just relaxing until I had to go back. I heard a click and then I suddenly smelt smoke. I scrunched my nose up in disgust.  I opened my eyes quickly and looked around for it. Leaning on the wall beside me with one hand in his pocket and one leg kicking against the wall was Lee Minki smoking a cigarette. What the actual hell !

“Y-Yah! What are you doing here!” I screamed before  looking around nervously that someone would see us and find out I was underage. I couldn’t afford to lose this job. He turned his head towards me and slit his eyes at me as if he was trying to see through a haze. Suddenly his eyes widened and he pushed off the wall excitedly.

“Bleacher-girl! Soojin!” he said finally realizing who I was.

“What are you doing here? Are you following me?” I glared at him darkly.

“Hmmm?” he pouted his lips looking at me confused.

“Ani…I work here.” I threw  upmy hands  frustrated in the air.

“Aren’t you going to ever use a different story? You don’t work here…I work here and I’ve never seen you here…and before you ask yes…yes I know everyone here.”  He chuckled not arguing with me.

Then the door opened and Taejo poked his head out.

“Soojin-ah… we need you back in here the crowd is growing the band is about to play.”  I sighed rolling my eyes.

“Who are these punks that are making my night so hard…probably some preppy kids thinking they're a real band.” I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose. Lee minki snorted beside me covering his mouth with the back of his hand.

I glared at him before glancing at Taejo.  “I’ll be right in.” He nodded and disappeared inside.

“Listen here… Lee minki…'' I poked him in his chest as he glanced down at me amusedly. I continued- ''I don’t know why you keep following me around or whatever you’re doing but if you get me caught and fired…I will end you do you understand…now go home and stop pretending to work here.” I my heels and high tailed it back inside.

Taejo wasn’t lying the crowd was much bigger and the bar was actually at its capacity. I moved behind the bar and started serving drinks quickly.

“Ok! Is everyone ready for the band!” The manager announced from the stage hyping up the growing crowd.

The crowd cheered so loud that  I thought my ears would burst out of my eardrums.

“Alright let me introduce to you for the first time at this bar… the group that stole all your hearts and for the men probably some of your girlfriends.” He continued.

The crowd started laughing.

“Here they are the five overly attractive boys of FB5!” He shouted. The noise level around bar, I could swear  it started to actually shake; with the volume of the crowds cheers. I set down my glass and turned towards the stage wanting to see who this great band was.

I gasped as the boys started filing in. They all seemed about my age, and all of them were unbelievably attractive.  I couldn’t take my eyes off them until one in particular walked on stage last.  His dark curly hair ,still in his face, still in the same tight-legged jeans but in a leather jacket now. He had a hand gripped around the neck of the guitar as he held it attractively behind him. He walked right down the middle of the stage towards the front.

You've got to be kidding me!

The others were in their ready positions already just waiting for Lee minki to get to his position. As soon as his hand gripped the microphone stand, the music blared through the bar.  Like his touch was all it took to let us hear the music. He started singing and I couldn’t believe how beautiful his voice was. His long fingers moved easily across the guitar now in front of him as he sung. I couldn’t believe…lee minki was the leader of FB5… I looked into his face and immediately regretted it. 

Waeyo...I whined mentally.

Our eyes locked onto each other’s. A smile spread across his face as if he had been waiting for me to look at him. He winked at me and I diverted my eyes quickly. 

This was no good…no good at all.


A/N

Ello all and this is chapter two edited, I hope you all like it , please subscribe/comment/upvote

Always Keep The Faith

~Caribbeanpop17