This is not amusing.

His Muse

Soojin's P.O.V

I avoided eye contact with lee minki the rest of the night. I was nervous about what would happen if he decided to tell someone I was a highschooler.

“Last call!” I called down the bar signalling it was nearing closing.

“Whiskey please.” Someone asked.

“Nae!” I replied  and hurried to make the glass just wanting to get the last customers out of here. I walked over and stopped in my tracks seeing Lee Minki sitting at the counter.

“ID.” I said  tersely holding out my hand.

“I don’t serve minors.” I told him stonily.

He chuckled leaning forward over the bar looking me in the eye. I gulped but stood my ground.

“Technically…you shouldn’t be serving anyone…” He said, his eyes roaming  my face .

I felt nervous again as I tried to shake the unsettling feelings it gave me.  He chuckled and reached into his pocket pulling out his ID, placing it right in front of my face without moving away.

“19.” He replied raising a brow. “Can I have my whiskey now?”

I set the whiskey down in front of him pushing him back over the counter to his seat. He handed me the tab receipt the girl had opened earlier. That’s when something clicked in my mind… if Lee Minki was the leader of the band…then who was the guy she was making out with in the bathroom.  

“Your girlfriend needs to come close out the tab.” I said casually trying to gain some information.

“Hmmm?” He looked at me confused.

“The lady who opened the tab…she said she was your girlfriend.” He chuckled drinking down all of his whiskey  in one shot and making a satisfied sound after wards.

“She isn’t my girlfriend…she was just…a muse of the week.” He said handing me the glass. Was he playboy?

I took it from him dumped it out and cleaned it quickly putting it up.

“You only date a girl for a week?” I asked in disbelief.

He nodded like it was normal.

“A muse is someone that gives you inspiration, there is no use in keeping one after the inspiration stops flowing… a week gives me suffice amount of time for inspiration then I get a new one before they start becoming monotonous.” He explained.

I sighed rolling my eyes.

“Whatever…your ex muses needs to come and close the tab.”I replied and  he pointed to the paper he had handed me.

“That’s why I gave you that.” I looked at it slightly embarrassed. I laughed nervously.

“Oh.” I mumbled.  I quickly closed the tab and handed him the receipt.

“Fine…you can leave now.” I said and started cleaning down the bar. The last of the customers left and it was just the workers cleaning up.

“Soojin-ah! You’ve done well I'll  finish up so  you can go on home. Taejo! Walk soojin-ah out its late.” The manager called out.

“Nae!” he called from across the bar. I felt myself grow nervous as he ran over to meet me.

“Thanks Taejo…” I replied gratefully.

“No problem.” He replied.

My eyes strayed unconsciously towards the stage where FB5 where packing up their equipment. I looked in disbelief as I saw Lee Minki touching the face seductively of one of the waitresses.

“New muse.” I whispered in disgust.

“You say something?'' Taejo asked.

“a-ani…I was uh…it was nothing.” I said sheepishly.

He chuckled and nodded. Taejo walked me from the bar and down the street about a block before turning around and heading back.

“Thank you! Bye!” I said waving to him. He smiled and ran off.


I started walking down the quiet street towards my apartment. A was a couple blocks away now and I started feeling uncomfortable like someone was following me. I picked up the pace a little trying to just get home faster. I felt increasingly uneasy when I started hearing foot steps behind me. Taking a deep breath I slowed my pace a little readying myself.

I stopped quickly and spun around kicking my leg out high hoping to connect with a chest. I gasped in surprise as my foot stopped. I stared wide eyed at Lee Minki, my foot  having been an inch away from his chest where  he had caught it and stopped it.

His hands gripped my ankle. He looked at me shocked.

“Bwohya!” I yelled angrily yanking my ankle away from him. He just stared at me in shock his mouth hanging slightly open.

“Why were you sneaking around like that!” I shouted even though my heart was beating a mile a minute.

“I was heading home…saw you walking alone.” He said shrugging.

“ Neo micheoseo?  You see a girl walking alone and you decide to follow her.” I rapidly gestured my hands out.

“Minki-ah!” I heard a chorus of guys call. I looked behind him to see his band mates running down the street towards him. They stopped around him grabbing him under their arm. “Where did you run off too?” the one I heard girls squealing at asked, I believe his name was Daehyun.

“Ohhhh I think he found himself a new muse.” The one named Neil said smirking at me. Say what?

“I am not his muse…he was just being a crazy stalker.” His friends atmosphere seemed to change a little colder when I called him crazy. I looked at them confused. Lee Minki smirked and leaned forward slightly putting a hand up to block his mouth.

“They don’t like people calling me crazy” He whispered loudly so they could hear, he laughed loudly at their serious faces. He didn’t seem to mind it much.

“Well then maybe you shouldn’t follow people around like that!” I hissed angrily.

What right did they have to be mad at me when he was the one scaring me in the middle of the night?

“I was just trying to make sure you were safe.” He pouted and I almost gave a little smile at how cute it was.

“Come on Lee minki… she can’t be your new muse.” Daehyun said coldly.

 “She’s just some snob student from that new school of yours.” He said sneering at me. I made a face and stuck my tongue out at him.

He scoffed turning away from me. “Minki…come on.” He said pulling his sleeve.

Lee minki ignored Daehyun and kept watching me.

“I hadn’t been considering her as my new muse… but she is quickly getting there… I feel inspiration coursing through me already.”

Something seemed to shift in his eyes as he watched me and it made him look even more disturbed…but also more alluring as well.

“How about it…want to be my muse?” He said stuffing his hands in his pocket like my answer would be obvious.

“No thank you.” I said huffed irritatedly. He chuckled stepping closer to me.

“Let me re-phrase.” He said smiling kindly.

''You're my muse from today onwards,'' I could feel the cold sweat at the back of my neck, as he leaned in, his piercing black eyes drilling into my corneas.

I scoffed taking a step backwards. ''Are you crazy?!''

My hands automatically fell to my hips and I looked up at him defiantely.''What makes you think...I'll be your....'' I frowned slightly trying to remember it.

''What was it?'' I asked in contemplation.

''His muse!'' His friends yelled in unison, as he wore a smug grin.

''What makes you think I'll do that,'' I spat out in disbelief.

He shrugged innocently, ''It's not like you can do anything about it,  it's not something you can just avoid,'' he leaned in again, whispering in my ear this time, I held back a shiver, ''but it you don't become a good muse....I'll be forced to tell everyone about your secret...'' he trailed off.

Tell everyone about my secret....

Tell everyone about my secret.... It echoed in my ear repeatedly.

My eyes widened as I gaped at him in fear. Well ...

“I don’t know… there’s something about soojin-ah… she might be my muse for a while.” Everyone gaped at him like this was something unheard of.

“Lee minki.” Neil said in shock. Minki just ignored him.

“So…what will it be…muse or… the alternative.” Minki said absentmindedly fixing his hair.

What did I do…did I become his muse…it shouldn’t be that hard…I just had to hang around him right? Na oetteokhae?!

I sighed frustrated. I couldn’t believe I was being blackmailed by a lunatic.

“Fine… call me muse.” Lee minki cheered doing a happy dance like a little kid. He jumped forward and grabbed me into a hug.

I froze shocked at his sudden actions. 

“Y-yah!” I stuttered shoving him backwards off of me. He ignored it and hugged his friends who were too busy laughing.

“Soojin-ah!” I looked up surprised to see Taejo running down the street towards me. He looked at the guys skeptically as he stopped by us. “Hey…you forgot your tip.” He said handing me an envelope of my money.

He looked at the guys again. “You want me to walk you all the way.”

I could tell he was a little unsure of the sketchy bunch. I was about to agree adamantly when I was stopped by Lee minki. He ran over to me pushing taejo out of his way the way in his process and wrapped his arm around my shoulder protectively. He looked Taejo up and down poking out his lips.

“I’ll take my muse home.” He said sticking out his tongue like a little child. This is not amusing....No pun intended. I chided myself internally.

“Muse?” He said looking at me confused. I opened my mouth to speak but Minki started pulling me down the road in the opposite direction of my house. “Her house is that way.” Taejo said calmly pointing in its direction. Minki stopped and looked back over his shoulder. He quickly turned around and started dragging me in that direction.

“I knew that… she’s my muse after all… I was just…taking the long way.” He said sulking as he pushed passed Taejo.

I looked back reluctantly at taejo as we got farther and farther away. He gave me a small smile and a little wave before turning and heading off back towards the bar.

“Yah!” I hissed yanking Minki’s arm off of me. “What was that about?” I yelled.  He looked at me confused.

“Wae? Your my muse…I don’t like other people touching my muse it messes with the aura and flow of ideas.” He said moving his hands like some kind of hippy.

“Argghhhhh!” I yelled frustrated making him jump in surprise. Breathing heavily I glared at him. Without saying anything I just huffed and walked off towards my house. That stupid lunatic ruined my chance to be alone with Taejo.

“Muusseee wait up!” He whined chasing after me. I tried to walk faster but damn his long legs.

“Don’t call me muse!” I shouted angrily.  He caught up to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I shook it off.

“Don’t touch me!” He put it right back and I did it again. This kept on until I was almost home. He would try putting his arm around me  and I would shake it off making him whine at me, I almost gave in a couple times because of how cute it actually was then I would remember that he was a lunatic and I would stick to my instincts and shake him off.

“Bye muse! Your official muse duties start tomorrow!” He said when we were at my building. He gave me a happy wave and ran off down the street.

“Bwohya….what’s with that kid?” I mumbled turning to head inside. He was so strange… for some reason I felt like being his muse…would be more like being his…I count even think the word… shaking it off I decided to ignore it… it was probably from all the drinks he had that night…he'd forget once he went to bed and I wouldn’t see him again anyway. Smiling to myself convincingly of my positive reasons,  I went inside and readied myself for bed.


A/N

This is the third chapter done up. I hope you all subscribe/upvote/comment.

Always Keep the Faith.

Expect more updates next week.

~Caribbeanpop17