Rem Sleep!

His Muse

Soojin's P.O.V

I walked silently to the smooth humming of Minki. I had never heard this song before but the tune was nice and his voice was sweet. I couldn’t help but smile a little bit as he swung our hands back and forth. I saw the school approaching and I quickly dropped his hand. He didn’t protest since I directly started digging through my bag.

“What are you looking for?” He asked looking over my shoulder. I triumphantly pulled out my ID card that you needed to get into school.

“My ID, you need this to be admitted into school by security.” I said smiling at him.

He looked at it a moment emotionIess as I mentally did a little happy dance inside.

“Oh…this?” He asked pulling out his wallet and showing me an ID identical to my own. My happy dance ended  into the somber sounds of the funeral march music.

“W-wae…” I said stared disbelieving.

“I told you I would be here starting today.” He said grinning.

“Lee Minki!” We turned to see all four of his band mates running up the steps towards us.

“Yah! Where do you keep running off to!” Taeil scolded not noticing my exsistence. “Wae! What happened to your face!” He said pointing at the wounds.

“Anni, I got into a fight with some of those boys from the pool hall last night…they tried to get their money back this morning.” He said waving off their worry.

“Why didn’t you call us?” daehyun asked walking up. He looked at me briefly but ignored me right after.

“I didn’t have time…but my muse helped me!” He said happily.“ She punched one of the guys right in the nose and then helped me runaway!” He added sounding just like the little kid I swear he still was. He grabbed my hand where I had hit the man earlier and a fierce pain coursed through my arm.

I in a breath yanking it away. Minki looked at me shocked and grabbed my elbow quickly pulling my arm towards him so he could see my hand. My knuckles where brusied and my hand was swollen. I winced.

  “You pabo! You hit them wrong!” He scolded me. “ Oh my god! Muse is hurt. her pretty hand is all injured! Eetoke?!. What am I going to do itll have to be amputated! Ohhhh the pain! Ohhh the despair! Ohhh-'' His rambling was was cut off by a sharp slap to his face by Niel.

“Minki…snap out of it.” He said seriously. Minki stared at him a moment before he let out a bellowing laugh.

“Thank you….all better.” He said like he didn’t just have a weird episode. He looked at Daehyun and ran over.

“Daehyunnniiieee!! Fix her pwease!!’ He said cutesy like grabbing ahold of Daehyun's arm and bouncing up and down like a girl.

“Yah…get off.” Daehyun said shaking him off. “Follow me” He said averting his eyes from mine and walking off.

When I didn’t follow, Minki gently pushed me in the direction Daehyun was going. I sighed and followd after him sitting down on the table next to him. He picked up my wrist examining my hand. His eyes snapped to Minki surprised.

“Minki…she had to have hit those guys really hard…look her knuckles twisted… she balled her thumb inside her fingers instead of on the outside..” He chided disapprovingly before continuing. “but it seems like it was a decent swing.”

It kind of sounded like a complement but I ignored it.  “Does it hurt?” he asked me pulling various gauze, septic ointments, other bandages and a scissors.

“Anni.” I said right away.

It did hurt, but I didn’t want anyone to know incase they make me go to the doctors for medicine. He looked at me surprised.

“This doesn’t hurt?” he said squeazing my hand. I gasped in pain and yanked it away.

“Daehyun!” minnki said angrily.

“Sorry… I was proving a point…you need medicine…here take this for the pain.” He said digging for something.

“Anni…I wont take any pain medication.” I said quickly. I refused to take medication. I was always afraid I would turn out like my mother.

“Stop being stubborn, I barely touched your hand just now and you looked like you were going to pass out....just take this.” He said holding out two round pills towards me.

My mind strayed to memory after that...


Flash back.

“Where are they! You just went to the doctors for that broken finger!” she hissed at me barging  through my room. Her hair was a mess and she had trimmers shaking her  whole body. “Just give them to me you brat!” She said throwing my books all over the floor.

“Umma! Anni!” I cried out trying to stop her. She back handed me and I fell to the floor crying harder.

“Stupid! Give me the medication!” she hit my treasure box she had given me for my third birthday and it clattered to the floor ,my pain medication spilling out everywhere. She cried in delight and collapsed to the floor scoooping them all up as she shoved a few in and the rest in her pockets.

“Umma…I need those… it'll hurt.” I cried trying to get them back. My arm was already throbbing. She glared at me and stood up leaving the room slamming the door after herself.


I snapped out of my memories and reflexively smacked Daehyun’s hand away sending the pills flying to the ground.

“I said no!” I hissed jumping up and grabbing my things.“ Mianhe” I said embarrassed and ran into the school.

“Soojin-ah!” Lee Minki called after me. I heard him start to follow me.

“Soojin-ah.” He said again catching up with me. He grabbed my shoulder spinning me back towads him. I thought he was about to start asking me questions about what had happened and why I wouldn’t take the pills but instead he just gently grabbed my injured arm. I looked up surprised when I felt cool air blowing across my soar knucles. Minki was gently blowing on the then rubbing them even more gently with the tips of his fingers.

I felt my face heat up at the action.

“Does is it still hurt?” I shook my head, not trusting myself to speak.

“Good.” He said gently placing a kiss on my knucles. I took in a silent breath. He quickly wrapped it making it feel even better then placed it by my side.

Before I knew what was happening he leaned in and kissed my forehead. I froze my face burning were his lips touched, I thought I would pass out from the lack of air I was taking in. when he moved away.

He started laughing his face completely flushed red. He moved to cover his smile with the back of his hand. Clearing his throat to stop himself from laughing he dropped his hand. “I'll see you later soojin-ah… and sorry you got hurt helping me.” He said smiling kindly at me.

“I-uh….got to go.” I said  and hurried off.

“Bye Soojin-ah!” He called after me. I walked into the class room and it was already filled with people who were stretching waiting for the dance instructor. Everyone ignored me continuing with their conversations. I sighed it was nothing unusual.

I slipped my headphones on and let the music start drifitng through them. I started doing my stretches ignoring the fact that I was alone. Suddenly the girls in the class started fussing and moving around looking at something. I looked up curious as to what it was when I saw Ilhoon walking in wearing a white tank and sweats. The girls were all swooning over him. He smiled and waved to his fan girls. I tipped my head hoping he wouldn’t notice me. A moment later I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Nae?” I asked nervously turning around. The whole class was staring at me as Ilhoon grinned widely. He pushed the headphones gently off my head.

“Hi muse!” He said waving.

“uhhh.. hi.” I said nervously.

“I'm in your class!” I nodded slowly.

“I can see that.” He nodded excitedly.

“Lee minki ordered us to hang out with you if we had any classes together, to keep…unwanted people away… he doesn’t like people touching his things. And you’re his muse its his most prized possesion. “ He spouted this off like it was the most normal of things.

“Uh…thanks but I'll sit alone.” I said pulling my headphones back up. Ilhoon pouted as he did his stretches but he stayed close even without talking to me. I was sitting on the floor stretching out my legs when my headphones where yanked off my head. Not gentle this time. I looked up at Daniel crouching in front of me. He was the top dancer and singer and pretty much anything there had to do with talent in this school. He also had the biggest ego.

“So I hear you someone’s muse.” He said mockingly. I sighed ignoring him and pulled my headphones back onto my ears. He yanked them off again and threw them across the room. Right now I actually found myself wishing that Ilhoon was here to do what he promised and keep the 'unwanted’ away…but as fate would have it ,the boy had the bladder the size of a pea.

“Yah! Are you trying to ignore me!” He said angrily. “ I don’t get why someone would want an untalented ugly thing like you to be their muse…” He said twirling a loose strand of my hair around his finger. I moved my head pulling it out of his slimy grasp.

“Why you-“ He started to speak more but suddenly a foot came out of nowhere pressing against Daniel's shoulder and shoved hard. Daniel went flying across the floor. I looked up surprised at an angry looking Ilhoon. All his cute features transformed into a menacing scowl.

“Lee minki doesn’t like his things being touched…so I'd take care not to touch Soojin-ah again.” He said coldly.

“You bastard!” Daniel hissed jumping up. He charged at Ilhoon who easily dodged and then stuck out his leg tripping him. he walked over and sat on his back and started playing the drums on Daniels making the class laugh. Suddenly the door opened and Minki popped his head in. He spotted me and grinned gleefully running over ignoring the scene with Ilhoon. Minki plopped down in front of me crossing his legs.

“Muse this is your class?” He asked happily looking around. I just nodded astonished. All the girls in the class were staring mouth agape at Minki. “Do you want to have lunch with me today? I'm right across the hall.” He said ignoring the stares. I opened my mouth to answer him when a tap on his shoulder stopped me.

“Oppa are you new here?” a pretty girl asked.

“Mhmm…now shhh ...muse was about to speak.” He said not looking at her but at me. She scoffed and tapped his shoulder.

“Oppa…why don’t you have lunch with us…we are much better company then her… we will be your muse.” Minki sighed and swiped her hand off his shoulder and stood up in one quick motion.

“I don’t want to have lunch with you, and I don’t want you to be my muse. A muse is for inspiration. The only inspiration you give me is the inspiration to find the nearest bathroom and go rid myself of my breakfast…. And if you ever talk about muse like that again…I'll bite your face off.” He said growling and snapping his teeth at her. She stared at him in complete horror. His eyes where rabid and dangerous making even me feel uncomfortable.

“Yah! Are you crazy!” the girl hissed. I saw Ilhoon snap his head up at the sound of the her shriek. He looked fierce again. I felt angry as well, I knew mini was crazy and what he just did was frightening, but I also knew that he had a sweet and funny side and for some reason hearing her call him crazy made me angry as well. I saw Ilhoon move to stand but I beat him to it. The girl looked at me agrily.

“What! What are you-“ She started to yell at me but there was a loud thwack as my fist connected with her face. Her nose crunched under my knucles. She flew back screaming into a group of on watchers and she cried out. Blood everywhere.

“Muse.” Minki said sadly watching me. I ignored him still focused on the girl. I went to step forward when she yelled.

“Your crazy as hell! Your just like your mother!” I froze at her words my eyes widening.  just got real.

“ What you think we didn’t know about your crack head mother! She's probably out selling herself for drug sright now! Is that what your doing! Huh! Are you selling yourself to him that’s the only way a guy that looks like that could like someone like you!” She screamed. I felt my body shaking. I could hear the blood rushing through my ears. My vision turned red and I clenched my fists angrily ignoring the pain through my arm. The girl was being helped up by two people and without noticing I moved over towards them. I kicked the kid on the girls right in the rib sending them flying to the floor and I punched the kid on the left in the face making him drop the girl. I kneed the girl in her stomach and grabbed her hair throwing her over a few desks. I felt a fist grab my hair and start pulling me back when it was suddenly released. I turned to see minki throwing the boy who had grabbed me to the ground and kick him in the stomach. I smirked and turned back punching the girl one last time before I heard yells and thudding feet coming down the hall. That would be the security. I pushed people out of my way until I reached Minki and grabbed his wrist.

“Come on!” I hissed and pulled him after me. I threw the window open and looked down before looking back to Minki. “Geronimo.” I laughed before jumping out of the window and rolling once I hit the ground. I looked back to see minki jump down and land in a crouch in front of me. He stood up winking at me before taking my hand and running off away from school. I looked back to see his band mates watching us out the window. Minki looked back and waved a gleeful smile on his face. The others waved back before we disappeared out of sight of school.

“Where are we going?” Minki asked as we walked down the road. I had been zoning still reeling from the words of the girl in school. The whole school…new about my mother? “Soojin-ah.” I looked up at his words and gave him a small smile.

“Oh…we are going to my place…it’s the only place to go during school hours.” I said softly.

“Omo! I get to go to my muse’s apartment!” He cheered jumping up and down and clapping his hands. He sighed happily looking up towards the sky and swinging his arms back and forth. “You are the best muse I have ever had…I have never had so much fun with a like this before.” He said taking my hand in his again. I sighed looking at the ground.

“Aren’t you supposed to be getting inspiration from me? Not fun?” I said softly. I still wasn’t able to focus on what I was doing.

“I get inspiration…. I have-“ He stopped talking making me look up at him. He was staring at me confused. “Are you ok?”

“I-Uh- I-I-m fine!” I stuttered caught off guard by his sudden question.

“We’re here.” I said moving quickly inside to the apartment building. He followed silently after me. I moved quickly up the stairs to my door.

“Ohhh... is this muse’s apartment?” He asked walking inside on his own as soon as I had unlocked the door. I stared at him surprised…so forward.

“ Wahhh…. Its so pretty…just like my muse.” He said wandering around it. “Oh! Is that your room!” He called before dashing up the stairs.

“Yah! Don’t just barge into people's rooms!” I hissed running after him. I ran quickly up the stairs to see him plopping into the pillows on my bed.

“so comfortable!” He said snuggling up to a pillow. “ it’s my muse’s smell…I feel inspiration already!” he cooed. I sighed shaking my head.

“Whatever…I apparently can’t stop you…” I pointed towards my dresser.

“ I have notebooks over there and pencils I chew on if that’ll give you inspiration I can see it now… dental bites fit so right.” I said making a joke of a song. I moved down stairs leaving him alone. I didn’t feel like dealing with his nonsense right now, I had only brought him here because I made him run away from school today.

I sat on the couch pulling my knees to my chest and resting my chin on it. Thoughts of my mother whirled through my head. I picked up my phone and dialed the number that was so familiar. It rang a few times before my mother’s voicemail picked up and her recorded greeting rang through. My heart sank at the sound of her voice, normal and cheerful…so different from what it usually was.

“Leave your message after the beep! Sarangae!” She called through then it beeped.

“Umma.” I said my voice shaking. “Where are you huh….I miss you...this is your daughter. You remember me right… I love you umma… please…come home.” I whispered the last part as I was close to tears. I ended the call with a shaking hand and dropped my phone on the couch. I whipped a tear that was rolling down my cheek. I looked up surprised to see Lee Minki walking into the living room. He had my guitar in his hand and his face looked completely serious… had he heard me on the phone? He moved to sit on the table in front of me.

“This is what you inspired in me…in just a couple days.” He said softly, his eyes that were normally filled with rabid ferociousness or crazy glee were now shrouded in sadness as he looked at me. His long fingers stared moving across the guitar easily and beautifully strumming out notes that sounded familiar. It was the tune he had been humming earlier that morning. Soon he started singing, I looked at his face completely mesmerized. He had been good that night at the bar and I knew it but here alone with just his voice…it was amazing.

He sang the song with so much emotion,  while his eyes were locked on me. The song was beautiful and sad, it was overwhelming and expressed my feelings that I had kept within. I couldn't stop the tears that streamed down my face as he finished his song. I was shaking with tears now. Minki set the guitar on the table gently and moved to kneel in front of me. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his shoulder and calmly caressed my hair trying to soothe me.

“I’m sorry… I know how you’re feeling…I know.” He said softly. I leaned back wiping the tears from my face. I felt thankful to Minki for letting me cry and for being there for me. I felt like I should do something for him.

“Did I really inspire that song?” He nodded smiling.

“I had the tune in my head since that first night I met you…I just couldn’t think of the words to go with it. Just now though…. It flowed through me…its not finished yet. I just wanted you to hear part of it.” I smiled sniffing, the last of my tears away.

“Thank you…it was pretty.” I said softly. He gripped my hand tightly.

“Let’s go do something to cheer you up huh….” He said standing up. He pulled me with him and we headed towards the door. Suddenly the door burst open and I froze in my tracks my heart dropping into my stomach… I hadn’t locked my door…and now he was inside.

“A-appa.” I stuttered frightened. Oh god…He was here.


I hope you all enjoyed this update.

Please continue to read/comment/subscribe/upvote.

Check out my blogs and comment on them as well. I have a twition on my recent blogs.

~Always Keep The Faith

~Caribbeanpop17