First Meeting

We Got Married || Siwon edition {HIATUS}

The camera switched over to the beautiful sunset view of the Namhan river, everything looking peaceful and romantic underneath the peach-colored sky. The Han river had always been a place for romantic outings for couples, lovers and long-lasting marriages and today it’d be the meeting point for a hopeful new couple.

The scene switched to the silhouette of a girl, she had loosened her brown hair and changed from her show uniform into her own style of clothing; skinny jeans and black heels with a light blue top and a long brown coat to shield her from the evening cold. She was staring at the view, waiting for her future husband to arrive, fiddling with her hands as she felt the nerves come over her.


<> 

What were your thoughts while waiting there?

She grinned slightly, “I was afraid that he might now show up. Since we had to decide if we really wanted to do this. Maybe he found out who I was already and didn’t want to get married.”

Is there anyone you’d like to be on the show with?

“I have a couple of people that I’d really like to get to know, but that’s just wishful thinking…” she hummed thoughtfully as people waited for her to answer. “Super Junior… Siwon-sshi?”

There was a soft “ooooh” sound-effect after she uttered the name as she smiled shyly and nodded a couple of times.

<> 


A little further back, a car stopped and the camera zoomed in as the door opened, focusing on the black dress shoes that stepped out first. Instead of zooming up to the face, the camera showed the other side of the car and the back of the tall man’s head as he stepped out of the car and closed the door behind him, staring ahead for a moment before he began to walk.

The camera moved back to Eunmi who was unaware of the arrival and was still staring at the water in thought. In the distance the young man approached her, though his appearance was still a blur for the camera.

Will they finally meet?

Softly music began the play in the background to set the mood for the viewers as the young man drew closer and closer to the girl. Slowly she started to take notice of someone approaching her and turned her head to see who, a nervous smile appearing on her face as the camera zoomed out.

Siwon came to a halt just a few steps away from the young girl, a kind yet surprised smile on his face as he saw her before instantly bowing politely.

Eunmi mimicked his bow and received another bow in return. She giggled nervously as she bowed again and he once again bowed for her.

“Ah, we bowed enough…” Siwon chuckled softly as he kept his straight posture, “Are you… Are you my wife?”

She smiled nervously and nodded a couple of times before bowing again, “Annyeonghaseyo, Park Eunmi imnida. It’s nice to meet you Siwon-sshi.”

“Ah, you know who I am?” He sounded rather surprised at that.

“Of course, I really like Super Junior.”

“You do?”


<> 

What were your thoughts when you first saw her?

“She was really pretty,” he chuckled softly. “Especially with the sunset. Really pretty.”

Were you surprised she knew you?

“A little. But she said she liked Super Junior, that’s really nice.”

<> 

What were your thoughts when you first saw him?

“I was really surprised. I thought it was a mistake until he asked if I was his wife…” She giggled softly, covering her cheeks for a moment, “Was that really happening?”

<> 


“Did you wait long?” Siwon continued, looking up at the sky for a moment, “The sun is already setting.”

“Not too long, I just got here before you.” She shook her head. “I had a schedule nearby.”

“Ah, Running Man schedule?” he nodded, having seen her on the show before. He had been a guest on the show a couple of times and enjoyed it a lot but hadn’t appeared since she was appointed as cast member.

“Have you seen me on the show before?” She blinked, slightly surprised he got it right.

He nodded with a soft chuckle, “You are the Spartan Ace baby, right?”

She laughed nervously, “I guess so.”

There was an awkward silence as they stood opposite of each other, neither of them really knowing what to do or say at this point. Eunmi nervously brushed a strand of hair behind her ear as Siwon took a look around in thought.

Deathly silence… Whooooo.

Luckily for the couple, a hand appeared with another envelope, handing it to Siwon but it was addressed to both of them.

He opened it without any thought and started reading it for himself, unaware of the girl in front of him who curiously stared at him for a moment before speaking up.

“Is it a mission?”

He looked up, slightly surprised before chuckling nervously, “Ah! Sorry, I forgot. I’ll read it out loud…”

The camera zoomed in on the mission card as Siwon read it out loud for both of them to hear.

Take a stroll down the river and find the picnic basket. Have a nice picnic date and decide if you would like to continue with this marriage afterwards.

“A picnic basket, hmmm?” Eunmi nodded thoughtfully, “That sounds nice.”

“It does, and I’m a little hungry too…” Siwon nodded with a soft chuckle, folding the mission card before looking around. “Let’s walk and see if we can find it.”

“Neh…” She nodded and politely waited for him to make the first step, walking beside him as she shyly looked at the ground.

Siwon wasn’t quite sure what to do either, normally he wasn’t easily flustered or nervous but this was difference. This girl could be his wife if they chose to go through with it so he felt the need to impress her and step up as a man but it felt awkward since this was their first meeting.

“Ah…” he cleared his throat for a moment, “Have you been to this place before?”

She shook her head, “I passed it once though but I’ve never stayed her to admire the view or picnic.”

“So no dates?”

“No dates…” she nodded.

“Ah…“

She looked up at him quickly, “What about Siwon-sshi?”

“Just for schedules, really…”

“Ah…”

So much for the conversation… Aigoo!

 


 

Aaaah, the awkwardness... Do you think they'll overcome it?