Picnic Date

We Got Married || Siwon edition {HIATUS}

Finally they arrived at a little quiet place underneath a big tree where a neatly packed picnic basket was placed and a red and white plaid blanket was spread on the grass.

Siwon made a polite gesture for Eunmi to sit down first before sitting down opposite of her, stretching is legs in front of him before grabbing the little note that was attached to the basket, making sure that Eunmi could read along this time.

Enjoy the food and get to know each other. At the end of this date you must decide if you want to continue this marriage or go your separate ways.

“Let’s enjoy our meal first,” Eunmi nodded with a soft smile on her face as she carefully opened the basket and took out some of the lunchboxes.

The staff prepared kimbap, dumplings, omelet rolls and little sweet rice cakes. They also added a couple strawberry and banana milk packages for them to drink.

“Wah, that looks really cute,” Siwon smiled brightly, “Feels like how umma used to pack food for us when we went on an outing.”

“Neh, it really does!” she smiled, placing everything down on the blanket neatly and setting the basket aside to clear some space for them to eat comfortably. “I don’t know where to start!”

“Hmm… I’ll try the kimbap!” Siwon smiled and picked up a pair of chopsticks, reaching over to grab a piece of kimbap and eating it happily. “Ah, it’s good!”

“Really?” she blinked before picking up chopsticks for herself and trying it, her eyes widening as a smile appeared on her face, “It is!”

“Right?” he chuckled.

Eunmi happily reached out for another piece, wiggling slightly in her seat as she chewed it, causing Siwon to let out a soft chuckle.

“Ah, are you being cute?”

She blinked and looked at him, “Hm?”

“You wiggled! It’s cute…”

She giggled softly, a slightly flustered look rushing over her face, “I do that sometimes… I just really like food…”

“It makes you look like a young child, it’s funny!” Siwon laughed softly before nodding, “Ah that reminds me. What year are you from?”

“Me? I’m ‘89 line.” She nodded slowly, reaching out for one of the dumplings.

A smile appeared on his face, “Ah, nae dongsaeng? I’m 87 line. That’s perfect.”

She blinked as she looked up at him, her chopsticks touching her lips, “Perfect? Why is that?”

He shook his head quickly, “Ah, no reason.”

“Ah…”


<> 

Why were you so happy that she was a 89 liner?

He let out a brief laughter, “Ah that is because… I’ve always considered that my future wife would be younger than me so I can protect her.”

Is that the only reason?

“Also because I like being called oppa…” He laughed confidently.

<> 


“So do you like doing Running Man?” Siwon decided to keep the conversation going since hewas curious about her and their mission was to get to know each other before they made a decision.

She nodded, “It’s really fun but also very tiring. But everyone is fun and nice to work with so it doesn’t matter even if I fall and hurt myself.”

“Do you hurt yourself a lot?”

She laughed softly, “I can be clumsy at times. Today we shot for an episode and I tripped onto the stone path. I have a scratch on my knee.”

“Ah, please be careful next time!”

“That’s what the staff told me as well but I can’t help it!” She laughed, “I get really excited and forget to walk properly. And then I fall but it’s still funny.”

He laughed with her and nodded, “It’s easy to get hurt but the mood is too fun to get down because of it.”

“Neh, I hope you get to participate again in the future.”

He looked up at her with a smile, “Really? Why is that?”

“I’ve always wanted to have a challenge against you since you’re very good when you come on the show.” She smiled before holding up the two packets of milk.

Siwon chuckled and reached out for the banana one, letting her keep the strawberry milk which she seemed really happy about.

“How about you? You must be very busy with Super Junior?”

He nodded, “I just came from rehearsals… My members actually wanted to come along but I told them to stay, they are too much to handle for a first meeting.”

“Ah, I probably would have been too shy to talk if everyone was here at the same time…” she nodded. “I feel bad now though, you must be very tired.”

Siwon chuckled softly as he shook his head,  “Not at all, I was really excited to come and meet my potential wife.”

"Should we play a little game to get to know each other better?" Eunmi then suggested.

He looked up at her before smiling kindly and nodding, "Sure, that is a good idea. What game should we do?"

"Hmmm..." She tilted her head thoughtfully, "How about we ask a couple of this or that questions?"

"Alright, ladies first."

She hummed thoughtfully for a moment, "Cats or dogs?"

He chuckled softly as he thought over her question, "Can I answer both?"

"Nope, you have to pick one or the other!" She giggled.

"I'll pick... Dogs. For now."

Eunmi laughed softly before nodding, "Alright, your turn."

"Do you like strawberries or bananas?"

"Definitely strawberries!" she smiled, "Car or plane?"

"Cars! Uh... Pink or blue?"

"Purple!"

"Yah, you have to pick one or the other!" He laughed at her answer, shaking his head.

She giggled, "Then I pick blue! ... Books or movies?"

"Books, I love to read!" he tilted his head curiously, "Family or friends?"

She pursed her lips thoughtfully before answering, "Always family and true friends are considered part of the family in my heart."

"Really?" A bright smile appeared on his face as he listened to her answer, nodding in agreement a couple of times, "I feel the same way."

Eunmi smiled as well, playing with the straw of her drink. "When I was younger I always had friends who were playing with me one day and then left me the next. But my family has always been there for me so I would do anything to make them proud and feel loved."

"Do you go to church?"

She nodded, "My family used to go every Sunday but because of schedules I can't always go with them anymore which I miss. You must have that a lot too."

Siwon nodded, his expression soft yet serious. He was a firm believer in God which was a well-known fact and he never skipped church not even if he felt sick or was abroad for schedules. And like Eunmi described, because of schedules it was hard to spend time with his family and go to church and pray together, which made him sad. 


<>

Are church and family really that important to you?

She nodded a couple of times, "We all need faith in order to live our life happily, regardless of what faith that is. And if you can combine your faith with your family, the people closest to your heart, what more could you ask for?"

Did her answers help you make a decision?

Siwon nodded thoughtfully, "My ideal type is someone who is family-oriented and has faith. Eunmi-sshi has both. Our marriage could last a long time."

<>


"We have some good things in common..." Siwon smiled, "If we were to marry we could go to church together as families do."

“That would be really nice…” She smiled.

So they made their decision already? A new couple is born.