A Budget?!

We Got Married || Siwon edition {HIATUS}

After paying for the rings they decided to sit down by a dukbokki stall and get something to eat. As Siwon walked over to get their drinks, Eunmi pulled out her little notepad and went over their list once again, crossing out the rings as accomplished.

Tapping the chin with the back of her pen, she stared at the list in front of her with a thoughtful frown. There were a lot of things on the list that she really wanted to do first but which one would be more important for them?

“Here you go,” Siwon said as he placed the food and drinks in front of them on the table, sitting opposite of her before looking down at the notepad in her hands, “Ah, have you thought of more things?”

“Not really,” she shook her head, closing the notepad for a second. “There are a lot of things on there already, we should try and finish those first.”

As if on cue, another mission card appeared in front of them as Siwon reached out to read it.

Now that you have found your rings you should plan a ceremony and invite your families to make your marriage official and exchange the rings. We’ll provide with a list of things you will need to arrange, make sure you get everything within the week or your marriage cannot be.

“What? Within a week?” Siwon’s eyes widened, looking up at Eunmi for a moment before looking back at the mission card, reading it again to make sure he got it right. “Isn’t that cutting it a little short?”

“Weddings take a lot of time to prepare, right?” Eunmi nodded thoughtfully, “Is that even possible?”

“Well, I guess we can try…” Siwon nodded slowly, checking the envelope to discover another message inside.


The things you will need to prepare;

A dress

A tuxedo

Flowers

Invites to send

A cake

Music performance

We will provide the location where the ceremony will take place as well as the wedding pictures.
We will give you 500000 won to complete your task, you can’t go over your prize.


“What? Only 500000 won?!” Siwon let out a nervous chuckle, “How can we organize a wedding with just that? The dress and tuxedo alone won’t do for that amount!”

“Is that really all the money we can spend?” she sighed softly, opening her notepad again and writing down all they needed before writing down their budget. “Let’s see…”

“The dress alone will probably pass our budget already!” Siwon frowned, tapping his fingers on the table. “This is going to be an impossible task, isn’t it?”


<> 

What did you think when you heard your budget?

“I immediately got worried. That’s so little money…” Eunmi sighed softly, “Could we really plan this out with just 500000 won?”

<>



“Ah what do we do?” Eunmi pouted slightly, “Should we just come in our normal clothes, get some flowers and buy a cake at the store? And ask the guests to bring their own cds to play?”

Siwon chuckled, “We can’t do that, we need to hold a proper ceremony of course.”


<> 

What did you think when you heard your budget?

“It really worried me because weddings cost a lot of money and the budget we got wasn’t even enough for our clothes.” Siwon nodded seriously, “We’d have to find a way to create shortcuts.”

What about Eunmi’s idea?

He let out a soft chuckle, “Of course we couldn’t do that. Also I want my wife to wear a beautiful wedding dress, women only get one chance to wear such a beautiful outfit so it had to happen like that.”

<> 


“What if we bake the cake ourselves… I made a cake before so I can try.” Eunmi then suggested, “It doesn’t have to be delicious as long as it’s pretty, right?”

Siwon laughed, looking up at her, “Isn’t that bad luck to serve your guests bad cake on your wedding?”

“I will put lots of sugar in it so maybe it’ll taste really sweet and people won’t know it’s bad!”

“I guess that would work…” He nodded with a slight grin, “But we still need everything else.”

Both of them stared at the list in silence as they were trying to come up with ideas to arrange everything they needed with only roughly 500 dollars. For a wedding that really wasn’t enough even if you went with the cheapest of everything.

“What if… We each take 200000 for our clothing and try and make a deal with the shop owner to give us a big discount, maybe we can do something in return for it, so we can have nice clothes to wear?” she then suggested, looking up at Siwon curiously.

“Ask for a discount with 200000 won?” he nodded thoughtfully, “Maybe, it’s worth a try I suppose.”

“And for the invites… We can make really pretty ones on the computer and ask our company if we can print them, it’ll save a lot of money right?” she continued.

“Ah, you’re really good at this!” Siwon nodded, a smile appearing on his face as their situation suddenly seemed a lot clearer. “Ah and I could ask my members to perform a song for the music, they wouldn’t say no.”

“I could ask Jongkook oppa too!” she smiled brightly at the idea of asking their friends and colleagues for a marriage favor.

“And then we’ll still have 100000 won for flowers and maybe an actual cake?”

“At least the flowers, I can still bake the cake myself!”

“We need a delicious cake though or it’ll bring bad luck on our marriage!”

Eunmi huffed, looking up at Siwon with huge eyes, “Oppa, do you mean you have no faith in my baking?”

“A-ani!” He immediately raised his hands in defense, “That’s not what I meant…”

“I came up with a plan for our budget and you have no faith in me?” She pouted slightly, “How cruel!”

“Aniiiii!” Siwon laughed, patting her shoulder. “You will bake a great cake! A delicious one!”

“Right! I can do it! I’ll be a great wife with great cooking skills!” She nodded.


So do you guys like the story so far? I could really use some feedback on this story. 

Thanks everyone for subscribing, I really appreciate it!