Morning Meet-up

We Got Married || Siwon edition {HIATUS}

The camera panned into a nice looking studio with the hosts waiting for their cue and the title song to begin. They briefly introduced themselves as Park Mi Sun, Kim Jung Min, Lee Ji Hye and Danny Ahn who had been hosts of the show for quite some time now. They talked about the events that had happened so far and went through the couples of this season before prompting to start watching.


The Morning Meet-up

The camera panned into a rather busy street, people making their way back and forth on this early morning to do their daily routine of groceries, shopping or going to work and school.

Ah, we’re in Myeondong! Myeongdong!

They zoomed in on the name on the second floor; Twosome Coffee before switching to an inside view, focusing on the man in a green sweater sitting by a table in the back, waiting for someone. As the camera turned around, pictures of Siwon could be seen on the walls as well as cardboard cutouts.

As expected, the guy is already boasting about his success! 
- Is that was men do when they want to impress their wives?
- Of course! Just show them your success and they’ll never leave you!
- Ehy… Not every girl is like that!

After they decided to go through with the marriage during their Han river picnic, Siwon and Eunmi agreed on meeting the next day at a coffee shop so they could talk some more with their nerves being out of the way. And what better place to meet up than Siwon’s very one coffee shop in Myeongdong.

Not too long after Eunmi arrived as well, wearing the same brown coat as she did the night before, her hair neatly tied up into a ponytail and holding onto a black bag as she looked around and spotted Siwon.

Siwon got up from his seat as he spotted his wife and smiled, bowing as a form of greeting as she did the same before pulling up the chair for her to sit politely.

As expected, Siwon has really good manners.
- That’s what he’s known for right?

“Did you sleep well?” Siwon asked as he took his seat opposite for her and rested his arms on the table. She nodded with a shy smile, placing her bag on the empty chair next to her and fixing her hair slightly.

“So this is your coffee shop, hm?” She took a quick look around with a smile on her face, “It’s nice.”

“Thanks,” he chuckled.


<>

Did you invite her over to boast about your own shop?

Siwon looked rather surprised before chuckling, "Ani, it was just closer for both of us... And it's good for a man to show he is succesful enough to take care of his own wife, right?"

What did you think of the coffee shop?

"It was nice," she smiled softly, nodding a couple of times. "He had a lot of pictures of himself though... He must be proud."

Do you like people boasting?

"If it's just once I'm okay but they shouldn't get too conceited..." She smiled. "So far Siwon wasn't like that."

<>


Just as the awkward silence was about to set in once again, a mission card appeared in front of them and Siwon was quick to reach over and read it out loud for both of them.

“A good marriage is based on a dedicated vows of commitment and mutual agreements. Make a list of things your marriage needs to accomplish and try to accomplish them.”

“Ah, accomplishments?” Eunmi blinked before reaching into her bag and pulling out a little note pad and a funny looking feathered pen. “That’s funny.”

“Funny? Why is that?” Siwon folded the mission card before looking at the note pad with a curiously arched brow.

“Last night when I got home I was thinking about things that come with a marriage and wrote them down,” She opened the note pad on a random page before setting it down on the table for Siwon to see, “I guess they could count as accomplishments.”

Ah, she came prepared for marriage!
- My wife came prepared too… Accomplishments never come cheap.
- You can’t be cheap when it comes to your wife!
- That is easy to say when you never see the bill!

Siwon reached over for the note pad and let his eyes wonder over the page, reading the ideas she had written down, a soft chuckle escaping his lips before looking up at her.

“You came up with a lot of funny things!”

“It’s what I thought of for a marriage.” She smiles shyly, “But we need to narrow them down to things that apply to us.”

He nodded before handing her the notebook back, “Let’s write down things we want to do as a married couple.”

She flipped over a new page and picked up her pen, writing “Happy Marriage” on top of the page with a smile before looking up at him, “I’ll write them all down.”

“Well… We need a wedding, don’t we?” Siwon tapped his chin thoughtfully.

She nodded, writing it down, “And pick out outfits for that. And I need to meet my brother-in-laws right?”

“Right, they’d love to meet you too.”

“And wedding pictures so we can have something to show everyone!” Eunmi added as she wrote all of their ideas down on the note pad. “And we need a home!”

“Ah right, a newlywed’s first home that they picked out together and decorated too,” Siwon chuckled.

“Ah!” Eunmi stopped writing, her eyes widening slightly as something came to mind, Siwon staring at her curiously, “We don’t even have rings.”

“That’s right…”

“We can’t be married without a ring though, can we?” Eunmi tilted her head thoughtfully.

Siwon nodded once again before a playful smile appeared on his face and he got up from his seat, “Let’s go shopping!”

“Eh?” she blinked and looked up at the tall guy, “Shopping?”

“We can pick out rings and maybe other things as well.” He chuckled. “Right?”

A smile appeared on her face as the idea started to sink in, closing the notepad and dropping it back into her bag before getting up and nodding, “Let’s go shopping!”


Seems that they're already a little bit more comfortable with each other.

Guys let me know what you prefer; random subtitles that you often see on the show like I did for the previous chapters or the MC commentary making their own lame remarks.