Let's Meet Now :- Chapter 3

Monday Couple One-Shot Compilations ~


Chapter 3 : Dinner for two? Or should we make that three?



 




You in my arms and our love lights up the dark,

That hasn't happened yet, so I'll be the shadow for now.

The feeling can't be shaken off, neither can my love for you.

Can't you see this man right in front of you?

 

"No, no, no. That doesn't sound right."

 

Sighing, Gary twirls his ball-point pen between his fingers, muttering incomprehensible words before chucking the sheet of paper to the other end of his recording studio. This new song was killing him. He loved the way the rhythm of it swam in his head and he loved the concept of it, but he just couldn't get the words out right. Plus, he felt that this song, this particular song, was going to be his giveaway.

 

You see, it hadn't been long since the filming in Macau and Vietnam ended, forcing the Running Man members to clamber back onto the plane and make their way home. Of course, they loved home, but they did want to enjoy a few more days overseas. 

 

Gary lurched back into his seat, recounting that very in that one hotel that got him writing this song. It didn't feel as romantic back then as it did in his head though, the fact that she woke him up at 4 in the morning by throwing a pillow into his face. The smack gave him a fright and he woke up in his martial arts stance, ready to fight whoever it was and that obviously got the Ace laughing. She hurried him out and told me to continue his rest in his room and he followed along, the thought of sleep, not Ji Hyo being the only priority in his mind for the first time ever. 

 

After trudging along like a zombie through the hallways, he made it to his room, with the occasional Mr. Go-Straight-Gary causing him to lose his way. Everything else went as best as it could, with him winning, a fact that brought him great joy and this was where he was now.

 

Bringing his mind back to the stack of notes to the left of his desk, he shuffles through them before finding the one he's looking for. He reads through it, this particular piece that makes him feel upset but gives him some sense of what he thinks is going on;

 

 


 

 

I'm not an angel, but I wouldn't treat you wrong,

I'm not the best guy, but I can show you the best that I can be,

 

Still there is some side to me that I don't want you to see,

You're too pure for this man but you feel like home,

Like a lost puppy I follow your footsteps, and at the same time I want to be the one that drags you with me ~

 

 


 

 

It wasn't done yet, he only managed a few verses and some doodles of Ji Hyo in her cat-cartoon the was scattered all over the page. Yet, the song felt right somehow. It felt like him. Gary never thought that he was perfect, he knew that like a bubble, he would fall someday and in this same way, he knew how much different he could be.

 

He loved Ji Hyo. He wanted to be with her, just the two of them and his family, friends, living life with each other. He also knew that she could do so much better than him. He remembered the comments the netizens made when Monday Couple first started their act. 

 

"He's too ugly for her."

 

"Ergh.. Unnie can do so much better!"

 

"Kang Gary find some other girl that suits you, not Ji Hyo -.-"

 

He read these posts himself and while he could say that he wasn't bothered about most haters and that there was a little more love nowadays, he still felt a pang in his chest when a little voice whispers "What if they're right?"

 

He is snapped out of his thoughts when his phone chirps, a notification for his Twitter he guesses, slightly recognizing the sound.

 

"Oh, it's Kwang Soo."

 

@kanggary58 

Left my wallet on the KTX yesterday! Bad luck from the start of the day ㅠ.

 

@masijacoke85 

How? I dropped my phone as well!

Do you want to go for dinner hyung?

 

Suddenly being reminded on his unlucky incident, he groans. Well, he does feel bad for Kwang Soo too, his phone was pretty expensive. He did have plans for tonight though, that being pulling up an all-nighter at his desk, trying to finish up his song.

 

Trying to make light of the situation, he typed out the most humorous way he could think of in rejecting his baby brother 'giraffe'.

 

@kanggary58 

If unlucky guys meet each other, they could lose their souls! Be careful!

 

Feeling a little guilty, he makes a small promise to himself that he would definitely take the maknae out for a nice dinner one day. Setting his phone to the side of the table, he's just about to sit down and go at his notes again when the phone rings.

 

"Aish, Kwang Soo! Hyung is busy! I promise to take you out for dinner next ti-"

 

"Haha! Oppa, it's me!"

 

"Eh?"

 

Pulling his phone away from his ear, he takes a look at the called ID, 'Mong Ji ~', and mentally curses.

 

"Ah, yes Mong Ji~ How has your filming been going? Are you doing well?"

 

"I actually wanted to get together for dinner, but from what I heard earlier, I think your busy! It's okay oppa, I'll call you next time. Maybe Suk Jin oppa is free today!"

 

"… Suk Jin oppa went to Busan with his family remember, Ji Hyo yah?.. Sigh.. Arasso, I'll come for dinner, but can we call Kwang Soo along? I feel kind of bad for saying no to him, so can we? It's your choice though."

 

"Of course we can bring Kwang Soo oppa! We can meet at your restaurant! Can you pick Kwang Soo up though oppa? His filming is nearer to your place today!"

 

"Alright, I will," he replied, hands moving upwards to brush his hair back. She hung up soon after and he shoved the phone into his pocket. Grabbing a random jacket, he flung it over his shoulder and with his car keys in another hand, made his way to the door. Locking it shut, he took a few minutes to tie his laces and to get to the car park before getting into the car.

 

"Kwang Soo yah, you're gonna need to help hyung a lot today," he mumbled after starting the engine and pulling out of the carpark.




 



Sorry that this chapter seems a little short, but I kind of wanted it to be that way as I have plans for the next chapter! As you can see, we'll be having our wonderful maknae joining in on the dinner! What could possibly go wrong? ~ :3