Gary and Gold ~ A Monday Couple One Shot

Monday Couple One-Shot Compilations ~

 

CUT!

 

The sound of the slate clapping and the PD's booming voice from the microphone signaled the end of today's shoot. After the members had bowed and payed their respects to everyone, each went off in their own direction, intent on going home and getting some rest as it was the wee hours of the morning.

 

Ji Hyo pulled her phone out, quickly dialing for her manager when she noticed that her transport hadn't arrived. She had a CF shoot to attend to at noon, a make up commercial for Benefit, the product she was chosen to sponsor for. The ringtone from her unnie's phone brought her back to her senses as she swayed back and forth, following the tune of SHINee's Dream Girl. 

 

"Ah unnie.. You're forever SHINee dongsaeng's fangirl," Ji Hyo thought as she waited for her call to be answered. 

 

BEEP

 

"You have reached the voice mailbox for the numb-"

 

"Gah," said Ji Hyo as she quickly ended the call, her fingers scrolling at the options on the phone, deciding on wether she should send her manager unnie a text or just play Candy Crush to pass the time and wait. Making her mind up, she opened her games folder and just as she was about to press start a soft voice called her name. 

 

"Miss Mong! Why are you still here?"

 

"Ah! Gary oppa! It's you," came her reply. She stood quiet for a few seconds, waiting for him to continue the conversation before realizing that she didn't really answer his question. Snapping back to her senses, she immediately answered, "I'm just waiting for my manager, oppa. I think she's going to be a little late."

 

"I'll wait with you then, Ji Hyo-yah. It's not safe for you to be standing out here alone, especially when it's almost 4am."

 

Her immediate thought was on how much of a gentleman her oppa was, his cheesiness and classic 'manner man' act on Running Man wasn't exactly an act. They all knew how polite Gary was, but she hadn't been able to see it in real life for quite some time as they were all so busy after filming. She with her photo shoots and dramas and him with his recording sessions. She tried telling him it was okay, that she didn't want to make him waste his time by waiting with her, though like every other girl, she hoped he'd say it was fine for him to stay.

 

"Aish Mong Ji. It's my job! I'm now your Gary guard! At least until you go home!" came his response.

 

She smiled, stepping closer to him when the chill breeze of the night blew. With that action though, the packet of gold that she held in her hand fell, dropping straight onto the ground with a light thud.

 

"Ah! The gold!"

 

Before she could reach down to pick it up, Gary had already done so, wiping off the dust that had collected on the plastic cover before hooking the string around her neck. He adjusted it, so it rested perfectly from her shoulder to her hip before clearing his throat and glancing at his watch.

 

"So.. oppa. What are you going to do with your prize?" she asked, glancing at him with bright eyes.

 

"Well… If oppa tells you, you mustn't tell anyone. Arasso?" said Gary. Ji Hyo nodded, a little intrigued now at what he planned to do with his 2 bars of gold. Gary glanced around, ensuring that no one stood near enough to hear what he was going to say, before he bent down and whispered in her ear.

 

"Oppa.. wants to donate all the gold bars.. I figured that, there are others who need them more than I do, Ji Hyo yah." he said in a hushed tone. Ji Hyo glances down at his packet, remembering that he only has 2 gold bars, while she had 6. Her Monday Boyfriend had given her three of the bars earlier, asking her to keep them safe since he knew that she would, her love for gold was undying. He did seem a bit upset before they announced that they won, when they thought that they weren't getting any of the gold but it wasn't until now that Ji Hyo knew what he planned on doing with the prize.

 

Feeling very proud with what Gary was doing, she gave him a small pat on the back.

 

They stayed in silence for a while longer, though closer than ever due to the cold breeze and sweet atmosphere. It wasn't long until Ji Hyo's manager came, honking the horn to show her arrival. Gary was just about to walk Ji Hyo to her car when she threw her arms around him, thanking him for tonight as she gave him a slight peck on the cheek. He stands shocked, as she pulls away soon after, untying the knot that connected the packet of gold to the string around her body. As it pulled off, she lightly tossed the pouch into his hands, the gold bars clinking together with the sudden action. 

 

He almost asks what she's doing, before she says, "Thank you for putting our win to good use oppa. You're a charming guy." as she sauntered off, climbing into her silver van, waving him goodbye as it drove off.

 

Minutes later, he too was driving home, a smile on his face as he thought of how the Monday Couple had just done their first good deed, together.

 



 

 

It was three days later and Ji Hyo had only managed to keep in contact with Kwang Soo, the other members being too busy. She did however, send a text to Gary, teasing him slightly as she jokingly accused him of lying to her and stealing her gold.

 

He didn't reply back and she understood, her oppa would lose himself in thought whenever he was writing his songs, it was a handsome quality that she respected in him.

 

That being said, she was expecting a nice relaxing day at home, since everyone was too busy to go out with her. So, she clearly didn't foresee the slight knock on her door at 2 o'clock afternoon. Quickly putting on some pants, she made herself look presentable before peeping through the peephole of her door.

 

Ah! It's the postman!

 

Using her key, she unlocked the door before swinging it open, giving the postman a smile as she collected her parcel and gave her signature on his tiny clipboard. Giving him her thanks for delivering the parcel, she soon closed the door and carried the package into her living room. She sat on her couch, throwing her feet onto the coffee table before inspecting the box thoroughly. 

 

It was a ghost white box and a seashell colored ribbon covered it, topping it off with a pretty bow. Being a er for decorations, she frowned once she realized that she had to tear away the lovely lace ribbon. Trying as hard to save the decorations, she took everything off before lifting the lid of the square box.

 

Her eyes went wide when she saw a gold necklace, laid out perfectly on a sheet of translucent paper. It was perfect, not too long and not a chocker. It had a simple pattern, at least 5mm thick, with small white jewels that adorned it's edge. A small hook hung right below it's neck where a note was pierced through.

 

Pulling the note off, she gave it a brief readthrough.

 

To Miss Mong Ji Hyo,

 

I gave 7 of the gold bars away to an orphanage which needed them, but I figured that I would send one to the goldsmith to mend it into a necklace, so I can give it to someone special ㅋㅋㅋ.

 

I think it's really pretty, just like the lady who I hope will wear it during our next filming! 

 

I asked for a small mold of a Running Man.. erm.. well Running Girl, but the goldsmith.. also made a mold of my 'Peaceful Face'. Aish.. Well.. Kang Gary is always Kang Gary ㅋㅋ!

You can use any of the molds that you want with the necklace! Oppa hopes the one you saw of my face doesn't make you uncomfortable! ^.^

 

Anyways, I have to go now! We're still in the process of writing our new song! Oppa promises to take you out for dinner tomorrow, as compensation for not being able to answer my favorite yeoja's calls! Arasso?

 

Annyeong ~ ^.^

 

From, 

 

~[-.-]~

 

 

Giggling and full of happiness at the gift and letter she just received, she put the note down, rummaging through the box to find these 'molds' that her oppa was talking about. Finding two little golden pendants, dropped in awe as she saw the detail in the first pendant. The 'Running Girl', as her oppa had put it. It looked exactly like the Running Man logo, except it was 3D in shape and was made to look like a beautiful girl, in the Running Man pose.

 

Setting the pendant onto the small box that she had located on her living room table, she soon pulled out the second pendant. It was Gary's peaceful face! Just like they had drawn it! Chuckling, she hooked the pendant onto the chain, before placing it on her neck, hooking the ends together.

 

Picking the box up, she walked over to her storage room before placing it in the cardboard recycling bin, making sure to remove the laces from the pile and keep it for herself. Grabbing her phone, she scrolled through her inbox before pressing her thumb on the one that read 'Gary oppa~".

 

To : Gary oppa~

 

I think the Peaceful pendant is cuter on me, don't you, oppa? ^.^

Also, thank you oppa! I'll give you a big hug as a present for tomorrow!

 



 

 

 

There were many fans and reporters who noticed the chain, leading to many speculations on whether the Monday Couple were really dating. The Running Man members too started to notice the hushed whispers and skinship.

Were they really dating now?

We may never really know, but it's definitely true that we all agree on one little thing.

 

It's a really good thing that Ji Hyo picked Gary over Gold, don't you think?