Let's Meet Now :- Chapter 5

Monday Couple One-Shot Compilations ~

 

Let's Meet Now :- Chapter 5


 



It was hard to say that it wasn't obvious. With how eye-catching their trench coats and hats were, the secret meeting that Haha, Kwang Soo and Gil had planned out turned out looking more like an attraction instead.

 

"Did we really have to dress up like this?," asked the slightly confused Haha. He didn't doubt his maknae when he received a text early in the morning, asking them to dress up as 'incognito' as possible. He was having those doubts now though, as another pair of fans joined in on the circle outside the cafe they were in, snapping photos with their handphones and tabs.

 

"Aish hyung! We can tell them it was fan service! Well, partly anyways," said Kwang Soo in reply.

 

Gil watched the two bicker, stuffing down the last piece of bread before butting into the conversation, attempting to bring them back to the topic. "Yah! Aren't we supposed to be planning what to do? Those two are already on the way to Ji Hyo's house as we speak!"


 



 



The car was in a dead silence.

 

Mostly it was because Ji Hyo had fallen into a deep sleep and Gary was too busy fretting on how to behave in front of her mother. He'd gotten ready at 4 in the morning, remembering to look his best as he donned on a pair of shades and a long sleeved sweater with jeans. He didn't want to look overly-dressed, trying to keep his homely feel balanced out as well. 

 

After he was done getting ready, he had grabbed the basket of assorted gifts on the table. He'd made the gift a night before, filling it with fruits, scarves and some warming gifts keeping in mind of the upcoming winter. 

 

It was only then did he reach Ji Hyo's house at 5:30 am, garnering a sleepy yell from her about how they were only supposed to meet her mother at 9. Still though, she dressed herself up and made her way to his car with a pillow and blanket in hand. He didn't stop her, they all knew Ji Hyo needed her rest.

 

With that, this is how they were in this situation.

 

Her were snores getting louder after every minute and his mind was racing back and forth over how to greet his 'mother-in-law'. He'd seen Ji Hyo's mother before, it was when she had asked him to drop her home after one of the Running Man filming days. He had managed to give her mother a bow and good night wish when he saw her opening the door for Ji Hyo. That was basically the only interaction he had ever had with her ommoni.

 

'Turn right in 300 metres,' said the mechanical voice from the GPS.

 

Suddenly realizing that it was only a few minutes untill he reached their destination, Gary put his free hand on Ji Hyo, proceeding to shake her shoulder ever so gently, in an effort to wake her up. She immediately opened her eyes, a blur look on her face as she yawned. Gary quickly averted his eyes, as she proceeded to put on some make up. He wanted to give her some privacy instead of overly staring.

 

She didn't need make up, he though. Why would she? It's not like I don't see her without it on Running Man. The fact that this woman showed up bare-faced without a care made almost all of us members and staff adore her, for not being such a snotty or overly self-conscious star (as with those that frequently appeared on Running Man, who had thrown tantrums). Maybe it was because it made him feel closer to her in some way. The fact that she wasn't afraid to be herself around him. It gave him confidence, a sense in saying 'You may have a chance Gary-yah'.

 

With that though, he parked the car outside her mother's house with some peace at heart. Ji Hyo was by his side. He'd get through this.

 

He got down from the car and walked towards the passenger side, opening the door as he let her out. He closed the door shut and almost made his way to the entrance before she grabbed his hand, lightly. 

 

With a small smile, she gave their clasped hands a pat with her other free hand and said "Relax, okay oppa? Just be normal, like how you always are with me."

 

They then made their way towards the gate, letting out small sighs of nervousness when they noticed her mother, a down to earth looking ommoni, running forward to open the gate.

With a deep breath, Kang Gary gave a bow, his hand tightly grasping his Monday Girlfriend's as he gave a respectful bow, before looking up, a charming smile on his face.

 

"Thank you for having me over, ommoni."


 



 


 

"Seriously? Hyung? Just like that?" came Gil's exasperated question.

 

After a round of bombarding his hyung, Tiger JK, he was downright puzzled on how they were going to get Gary and Ji Hyo together. You see, Gil had generously suggested that they go by to his studio, after noticing how big the crowd was getting after their supposedly 'Secret Meeting'. It was on this note that when Haha had Kwang Soo in a choke hold and Gil was yelling out ideas that JK Hyung walked in, pulling up a chair as he sat with the three men.

 

"You don't force love guys, it just happens.. AND even when you do force love, you guys totally have the wrong method," proclaimed the rapping maestro before giving a wink. He then proceeded to explain, in exact detail, what they were to do.

 

It would be sooner or later, that they'd have the Everyday Couple going on.

 



 

 

"He was doing well so far," Ji Hyo thought.

 

Her mother would have made it obvious if she didn't like the guy, based on a bad experience with her past ex that is. Right now, the two sat facing each other on the couch, munching on some sliced fruits as they rambled about Ji Hyo in general. As she sat from the kitchen counter, her lips played a slight smile, her eyes shining, seeing how happy her mother looked in the conversation.

 

It had been a long time since she had seen her mother looking so pleased. The last she seemed this way was before her father had passed on. Her mother definitely tried her best, to put up a strong act for her kids but Ji Hyo, being the eldest, always knew the sorrow her mother tried her best to hide. Now, with her laughing loudly at Gary's jokes, it made her heart swell with gratefulness.

 

Gary just had that charm about him, she figured. He was respectful and he would always make sure that the elders around him were cared for. It wasn't just the elders but the younger idols as well. He would kindly teach them, ease their tension on the show. There was once when even I was so angry at one of the idols, Kwang Hee. He disrespected Gary and Haha oppa by not using formalities, but.. even before I could do anything, Gary oppa noticed the anger in my eyes and calmed me down by saying that it wasn't something to make an issue out of.. He was caring, gentle and somehow, it made me love being in the Monday Couple with him even more.

 

"Yah, Song Ji Hyo! What are you doing just sitting there? Bring this man some food! You've already brought home a wonderful choice and you're planning to starve him? Palli!" came her mother's yell.

 

As she sauntered off into the corner of the kitchen, piling ingredients in her hands, she gave out a small sigh of content when she heard Gary say, "Aigoo ommoni.. It's alright! I'll go help her! Just sit here and relax for the time being!"

 

He came in soon after, bunching the sleeves of his sweater, revealing his tattoo. "Let's do this!" he said, determination in his voice as he started zooming back and forth, his sudden commander skills showing.

 

She backed away slowly, giggling when he didn't notice that she just lazed off all the work to him. Making her way back to the counter, she watched with fascination at the way he worked and only one thought crossed her mind.

 

"Oppa.. Looks really good with that tattoo.."







 



 

Alright! I am so sorry for the long wait but I am really running out of ideas on where to go with this T.T I think that it's honestly because I'm falling in love with another story on MC that I'm writing.. Sigh.. I shouldn't have started writing two different stories at once! It's just that I'm getting so emotional over the way MC is in the other story that it's killing the ones here.

I think I'll be posting the prologue to that story soon, be warned it may contain slight hints to or a fully blown out . I don't know, my MC feels just tell me it's been a long while since I wrote a 'frisky' chapter and this was the perfect opportunity x'D
I hope you guys are okay with that xD

Tell me in the comments what your opinions are and also comment on wether you'd like to see this story end first or the other that I will be posting in a few hours/a day!