Let's Meet Now :- Chapter 1

Monday Couple One-Shot Compilations ~

 

Chapter 1 : Memories in Macau




 

It was only around 6 in the morning and I had been the first to arrive at the airport. We were on the way for a race in Macau, one of the usual overseas filming that we do. I sit down on the soft leather chairs at the celebrities are, taking a sip from my cup of Caramel Machiatto. 

 



 

 

The moment I stepped out of the car, the camera was already there to shoot the scene in which I arrived. Giving a smile and a brief joke, I made my way towards the electronic boards that showed which counter I was supposed to go to. 

 

Ah! M!

 

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

There's Macau!

 

Counter K. Alright!

 

I repositioned the back pack on my shoulders and called one of the staffs who were holding my big bad of luggage for me. As the staff member handed me the suitcase, I gave him my thanks, before informing him to call me when shooting was about to start, as I wanted to eat my breakfast or get a cup of java once I had gotten my ticket.

 

I strolled towards the counters, K already within my line of sight. There were quiet a number of people in the Economy class line, us members were taking that class as well, but I made my way to the VIP line as how the Running Man staff had instructed. 

 

The girl at the counter greeted me with enthusiasm, speeding through the entire process before handing me my ticket with a 'Running Man Hwaiting! Good luck oppa!' 

 

I give her my thanks as I glance through the details of my ticket, checking the gate and flight departure time twice, before I made my way to the nearest Starbucks. Once there, I ordered my drink and that brought me back to the position I was in.

 

Glancing at my watch, I realize almost 30 minutes had gone by while I was thinking about what I had done the moment I arrived. The sound of my fingers tapping the table in a rhythmic pattern brought out a cool tune, and I remember the rhythm, an idea for a new song coming to mind. 

 

Suddenly a loud 'Don't greet me in the morning!' rings through the almost deserted lounge and I turn around, immediately chuckling when I notice Kwang Soo bowing to Ji Hyo. He looked like Michael from the cartoon and Ji Hyo looked just as pretty as ever. She wore sunglasses, a chic look but being so close to her, I knew it was just so no one could see her tired eyes. Kwang Soo noticed me at that moment, and yelled out my name, grabbing his noona's hand and dragging her forward towards the Café I was in.

 

"Hyung! Anyeonghasaeyo hyung!" yelled Kwang Soo, bowing down as low as he could. I give him a smile, greeting him with a good morning and Ji Hyo as well, noticing her quiet "Good morning, oppa."

 

The table I was at only had two chairs, one of which I was already occupying. Kwang Soo pulled the seat out, asking his noona to sit as he pulled out another chair, placing it at another end. He kindly asked Ji Hyo what drink she wanted and if I'd like anything as well. She obviously asked for an Americano and I asked for a muffin as he trotted off to the long line at the counter. 

 

"Ah oppa.. Can I.. ask you something?", mumbled Ji Hyo, taking her sunglasses off as she fiddled with its tips. 

 

Oh god. She's shy. Is she going to confess? I've waited for so long. 

 

I think back to the past 2 years with her, recalling our moments on the show as The Monday Couple, our inactive period and even the time she came to us for help, when we found out about her break up with her CEO. I loved her through it all, but I guessed that she never knew, considering that I never told her how I felt. I'd been there for her all this while and she has for me, could it be that she finally felt the same way?..

 

"Oppa?.. You didn't answer my question.." came her voice, and I immediately come back to reality.

 

"Oh, of course Ji Hyo yah. I've been waiting-," was all I managed to say before she butted in, "Ah thank you oppa! It's because Kwang Soo told me that he already promised to sit with Suk Jin oppa and Haha oppa is coming with Jae Suk oppa, so their probably going to be together as well.. I heard that our Jong Kook hyung-nim has some plans so he won't be coming for this filming.. Anyways, thank you for letting me sit with you oppa!"

 

…. I should have known.

 

Mentally sighing, I give her a nod and a brief smile as I notice Kwang Soo running towards us, a tray full off breakfast delicacies in hand.

 

"HYUNG! NOONA! LOOK AT WHAT I BOUGHT!"

 



 

 

The filming crew had hit the slate at about 30 minutes since the flight started, telling us that we had about 6 hours to rest or watch a movie until they started filming again though they would shoot randomly for some moments.

 

Wanting to make full use of the rest time, I leaned my seat to the back, grateful that there was no one occupying the row behind me. Shifting my body around until I found a suitable position, I put the blanket around my legs, and plug my earphones in with MFBTY's new song putting me to sleep.

 

As I opened my eyes about an hour later, I looked to my right and realized that Ji Hyo had a frown on her face, scrunching her nose while moving her head back and forth. I let out a small giggle at the sight and she faces me, giving me a glare before a cute pout graced her lips.

 

"Aish Kang Gary! Don't laugh at me!"

 

"Mianhe Ji Hyo yah! What's wrong?.."

 

She points to her left ear with her index finger and lets out a sigh, a helpless look now on her face. I reach forward, my own fingers tracing her ear as I feel my heart thump in my chest. "I don't see anything wrong," I say and she shakes her head before replying, "No oppa! It's blocked! It feels uncomfortable!"

 

I chuckle at the fact that she's probably suffered on countless plane rides without knowing how to clear the air pressure. 

 

"Do what oppa shows you, okay?" I say and she nods in understanding. I immediately bring two fingers to my nose, pressing the ends together, 'like pinching your nose' my umma had said, and tell her to blow through her nose.

 

She quickly follows suit with an unnecessary concentration and I watch intently as she smiles brightly once the air pressure was gone. She let out a cute "Thank you oppa," and I give her a curt nod once again, before Jae Suk oppa called us, joking about how we were newlyweds going on a honeymoon.

 

I give a comedic reply although my brain went fuzzy at the thought of a honeymoon.. with Ji Hyo.

 

It isn't long before the briefing starts and with me and Ji Hyo in one team, we race through the airport, the mission within the luggage area itself. This.. was going to be a long day.. 

 



 

 

 

It was hours until the filming had ended, though thankfully, it was only 9 pm by the time we reached our hotel. It seemed a little grand, but I was 'the prince' of Running Man, so I was extremely pleased with the spaciousness of my hotel room.

 

After I had dumped my luggage bag on the floor, I had rummaged through the pile of neatly folded clothes for my swimming trunks. It wasn't till I had put them on did I notice the mess I had made with the clothes strewn across the floor. Deciding that there wasn't much time till the Running Man crew set up their cameras for me to clean up and then head of for a swim, I left the room in the state it was in, a keycard and a towel in hand.

 

Glancing at my watch, I let out a sigh of relief that it only took me 10 minutes to get settled, leaving me with at least 2 hours to go for a swim and be back up. I almost caught myself skipping to the elevator from the sheer amount of happiness I was in, as the idea of relaxing in the pool seemed like heaven after the hell that was being so high on the Macau Tower.

 

As I reached the pool, I quickly pulled my shirt off, neatly folding it with the towel and placed it at a small locker nearby. A quick rinse under the shower and I jumped into the pool, making a clear dive into the warm water.

 

A few speedy laps and I find myself just lazing at the edge of the pool, my back resting against a small hole that shot out jets of water, soothing my aching muscles with the stream. I was about to close my eyes until a shuffling noise came from the entrance to the pool area. 

 

A slim figure made her way in, a light blue swim suit covering her frame and I tried to see who it was, considering that there were only the two of us within the vicinity of the pool.

 

Wait a minute..

 

I know that figure..

 

"Yah Song Ji Hyo!," I jokingly yell, watching in amusement as she turned back and forth trying to figure out who yelled her name. Finally, her eyes landed on me and broke into a wide grin, running towards the pool with full force before launching herself into a 'cannonball', a shrill 'Oppaaaaaa!' being her reply.

 

I move forward, chuckling as I see her break through the surface of the water, a little dazed at the impact, before I start teasing her about how heavy she must have been to cause that big of a wave. She retorts back with her aegyo, claiming that as her oppa, I should protect her. We teased each other for quite a bit, until she asked if I'd like to do some laps with her.

 

"I must warn you, I am a man who doesn't go easy on a challenge," I say, playfully taunting her.

 

"Man enough to win me at a midnight race?," she questions back, smiling with such a seductive hint that my mind instantly goes racing.

 

With that strong blow, she propels herself forward and it takes me a few good seconds to realize that my cunning Monday Girlfriend had just tricked me, as I start my free at a fast pace. 

 

She reaches first, obviously and I take the opportunity to splash a good amount of water at her face, her giggles matching mine as we laughed.

 

"Ah oppa! Since I won, you have to do something for me!"

 

"Eh?… You cheated though! So I should be asking for something!" 

 

"Oppa! C'mon, please?" she asked once again, working her aegyo charm on me as she knows how much it affects me.

 

"Aish.. Arasseo. What do you want Mr. Kang Gary to do for you? Buy you food? Buy you clothes? Coffee?"

 

"Hmm.. I want…"

 



 

 

 

 

TA DAH! CLIFFHANGER! x'D

A stupid one I might add though x'D

 

I'm so sorry for not posting an update for some time, it took a while for me to just say 'screw this , if my oppas aren't coming to malaysia, i'll just fly to singapore or china to see them' x'D

 

Thanks for waiting and sending kind comments! ^.^

 

I also would like to say that I've opened up a requests for now, and I will choose the best request for another story once Let's Meet Now is done! Get to requesting! :D