Dinner

Excuse you.

Chapter 7

Yixing was in a state of panic.

Twice, no wait, thrice he had changed but he is very nervous. He is afraid that he will end up screwing the dinner because he knows how clumsy he can be. What if he ends up spilling drinks all over Yifan? “Oh god, which would just ruin the chances of him, liking me right?” He wonders if he is too late to back out.

 

Nope, definitely not.

 

“Don’t you dare back out now; I have slogged so hard for you to finally be able to have a proper date with Yifan.” Luhan screamed from the living room, knowing that his best friend is debating whether to go or not to go. “And wear the black shirt!” Yixing could only sigh in resignation, hoping, just hoping that it will all go well. Sehun were to pick them up at 6.30pm, and after that they would all head to the restaurant together.” “You look great! I have to thank my amazing fashion sense sometimes,” Luhan exclaimed as Yixing walked out. Yixing rolled his eyes but he got to admit that Luhan was really good at matching outfits.

 

They reach the restaurant with no trouble at all and Yifan was already waiting. When he saw Yixing though, he was stunned. Yixing look great, with a black button down shirt and skinny jeans, he had never seen this side of Yixing before, and had to admit that he look flawless. “Hey, you look great today” Yixing blushed as he greeted Yifan back. “Well, I guess we should all go in now, I’m really hungry!” Luhan said and he dragged Sehun in followed by the other pair.

Dinner went while, and even Yixing was surprised. Although, Sehun and Luhan ditched them halfway saying that they had made prior arrangements to watch a movie, and Yixing nearly freaked out meaning that there was only Yifan and him left. But he made no mistakes and he even had a very comfortable chat with Yifan! That was definitely a huge jump. “Dinner was great tonight, I had a wonderful time.”  Yifan said as they walked out of the restaurant, after talking till nearly closing hours. They had a couple of glasses of wine between them and Yixing surprisingly, turned out to be a very good drinker. “I shall drive you home, since your ride kind of ditched you halfway” Yixing laughed and had no choice but to agree.

The ride back was quiet, but a comfortable kind of quiet, Yixing sang softly to the ballads that Yifan played on the car, and surprisingly, both of them liked the same kind of music. “I don’t know how to thank you for such an amazing dinner tonight, next time my treat.” Yixing said when Yifan pulled up to their driveway. “Sure, does that mean another date?” Yifan half-joked. Yixing blushed and said “Um, if you want?” Yifan was shocked, he did not expected that answer, “Well, we could if you want,” and as an afterthought, he said “Yixing, can I hug you?” Without further warning, he grabbed Yixing by the waist and hugged him. Yixing did not expect that, but he gradually relaxed after a while.

When Yifan let go, both of their hearts was pounding so loudly that they probably might suffer from a heart attack. “Well, I think I need to go, thank you for such a wonderful night” Yixing said and he hugged Yifan one more time before heading up, “see you soon”, he waved and left, but he could not stop smiling. 

 



A?N: Woah, it has been a year since I last updated this fic LOL. Honestly, I kinda had no inspiration, and slowly forgot as I'm preparing for major exams. What with Kris' and Luhan's lawsuit, I kind of drifted away from exo for awhile...

But I'm back! Hopefully I will get to update as often as possible, probably once every 2 weeks? No promises, but I will try. I'm so glad that there is still some subscribers ahh ;~~;