Epilogue: You're Always a 10

Unspoken

It felt like a blink of an eye but we’ve been together for almost 8 years now.

Together we’ve achieved so much and I could not ask for anyone better to have shared this dream with.

We were just kids when we first met but we supported each other through thick and thin.

 

Despite being the youngest, you were always there for me when I needed you.

You showed me so much love and care; unbefitting the image that other’s have labeled you with.

When I was scared, you sheltered me. When I was tired, you carried me. And when I was down, you lifted me.

Whether I was happy or sad, you were my shoulder to lean on.

I tried my best to be there for you too.

I only have brothers so you’re the closest thing I have to a little sister. I will always want to protect you and keep you safe. 

It was one of the scariest moments of my life when you collapsed on stage.

I could tell that something was wrong but when you fell, my heart went with you. I was so scared, so scared that something bad had happened.

I couldn’t even imagine what I would’ve done if any harm befell you because you are precious to me.

I liked it when you showed me your aegyo.

I know you feel embarrassed easily so I teased you knowing you would react so endearingly. It only made me love you more.

I often envied how you quietly yet tirelessly worked but somehow managed to do everything so effortlessly.

I couldn’t help but think to myself how amazing you were.

Without even realizing, my eyes were constantly searching for you hoping that somehow you were doing the same.

That’s why every time our eyes meet it felt like lasers burrowing into my soul.

You were always so afraid of getting hurt, and I knew why. You have been unjustly hurt so many times.

That’s why I know you kept your fringes long, using it so often as a veil to shield yourself from the world.

But you can never hide from me.

Unlike so many others, I quickly learned to appreciate your wit and bluntness.

I knew that it was your way of guarding your weak heart.

It was a charm that amused me; it made you all the more adorable.

I wanted you to know how I felt about you.

So many times I’ve told the world what I thought of you, that you were the only one for me.

But you always thought I was just fooling around. 

Since I’ve known you, you’ve always been extremely fond of hugging.

In the beginning, I never really thought much about it. But now I find myself longing for it.

I think our bodies have a natural magnetic field for each other because every time we are close we are unconsciously drawn together.

That’s why we can never avoid each other even if we wanted to.

So what’s been going on lately? Have we changed or am I just imagining everything? Am I still your Dduling?

I’m always grateful to have you in my life and I don’t ever want to lose you because you have always been a 10 in my heart.