CHAPTER 3 : A CRASHED MINI COPPER AND...

BE MINE...AGAIN

 

27th  MAY, 11:18am
 
 
“Seoul Police Department Headquarter.”
 
 
Dujun read silently the wide, large board before entered the department, half-anxiously. His covered-with-gray-jean-legs moved with fast paces. He walked past the main door area and the left corridor before arrived at the department`s waiting area.  A swollen-eyed man was the first one who noticed him.
 
“Dujun! You`re here!” That swollen-eyed man run toward him and grab his hands. Dujun startled at the hold. He could tell that the man was trembled.
 
“Yoseop, wait! Calm down. Tell me what exactly happened first.”Dujun hold the younger`s shoulder.God, I never Yoseop looked so helpless before.
 
“They…they…Seungie...they...
 
Yoseop can`t say any words further. Instead, he throws his face onto the man`s chest and started to burst into tears, for God-only-know-times. Dujun patted Yoseop`s small shoulder. Dongwoon then came between them with the same worn-out face.
 

 

 

 

 
 “Hyung, they have located Hyunseung-hyung`s car. “

He looked at the maknae concernedly before turned his sight to the others. Joonkun-hyung was covered the sleeping Gikwang with his sweater. He gave the leader face full with worry. Jiyong-hyung was talking with two police officers.

 “Someone reported at Jungnang-gu police station almost yesterday about a wrecked car at the South Highway.” Manager Jiyong said from behind.

“It was clearly an evident that an accident happened there. Probably hit-and-run. But, no one who witnessed it made any report by now. The Jungnang department didn`t announce any public statement about it because no victim was being reported.”
 


“What do you mean hyung?”Dujun asked. Nervous. Voice obviously trembled; ready to receive the worst possibilities could happen.

“They have searched and checked any hospitals nearby where the accident took place, but no one named Jang Hyunseung being reported to receive treatment there. No one.”Jiyong explained. His bite his lip. Feel reluctant to continue.

Dujun could feel Yoseop tighten his grip onto his shirt.

“There is one possibility left. He…he...could…being fall into the slope beyond the divider...”

“NO!! IT`S NOT TRUE!!!” Yoseop suddenly yelled. So loud that the tired sleeping Gikwang woke up instantly.

 
“Yoseop…”
 
“Dujunie, let`s go there!! Seungie…he…he`s not falling down there right?”Yoseop looked at Dujun with thick tears flowed across his cheeks.

“He `s still alive right? Because…because if he…”Yoseop almost fall down to his knees before Dujun gabbed him.

“God, this boy… “ Jiyong place his hand on Yoseop`s sweaty forehead. The brunette`s face pale and cold.

“Let`s get you something to eat.”

“No. I don`t wanna eat…Dujun…we must go..”Yoseop pulled Dujun`s hand before the elder pulled it back.

“No, Yoseop. You are not going anywhere before you eat. You didn`t eat all since yesterday, I am right?”Said Dujun, full of concern and worries. He knows that if Yoseop refuse to eat, same will goes to Dongwoon and Gikwang.

Yoseop pouted meekly. Protest clearly displayed in his face.
 
Walking together to the nearby restaurant, Dongwoon realized something,

“Hyung, where is Junhyung-hyung? Didn`t he with you before?”Dongwoon asked. Gikwang who walks beside him also throw Dujun the same questioning expression.

Yoseop`eyes twitched a little hearing that name. That bastard name. That useless bastard!

 
Dujun inhaled his breath deeply. Now he started to worry what will Junhyung `s reaction will be if he knew about Hyunseung`s current situation.
 
‘Junhyung. He…
 
 

*flashback*

 

27th  MAY,10:05am

 

Dujun took his time cleaning the mess around the coffee table while waiting for Junhyung washing up in the bathroom. Junhyung still didn`t give his word whether he will follows Dujun to the police department or not but Dujun positively thinks he will.

He just tied up the black plastic beg when his phone rang.

 
Gikwang”
 
He pushed the green button and put it in loudspeaker, acknowledged that Junhyung just got out from the bathroom.

“DUJUN!! DUJUN!! CAME HERE QUICKLY!! THEY...THEY FOUND HYUNSEUNGIE`S CAR AT SOUTH HIGHWAY!!!”

Dujun startled at the news. He turned his head only to found Junhyung already at the doorway.

“I`ll go first. Dujun, thank you.”That the only two things came out from Junhyung before he reached his car key and dashed out from the house. Dujun able to caught a glimpse of his expression just now. Excited but anxious and full of worries.

 

 
*end of flashback*
 
 
…he already goes there”

Yoseop turned his head, faced Dujun. Is that bastard finally…

 
“Really?”
 
 
 
*********
 
 
 
 
Junhyung can`t believed the view upon his eyes. He don`t want to. He refused to. , he hopes he was a blind man right now.
 
 
Junhyung didn`t care much about the chaos made by other road users who stop by to see what`s going on there. Junhyung didn`t care if someone recognized him as one of Korea`s highest-paid idol. Or at least his luxurious Nissan Fair Lady that seems to be out of place at this particular moment. Junhyung didn`t care. He ignored when someone knocked his mirror, asked him to move his car. He didn`t care. Not when this happened…
 
In front of him right now was nothing more than a crushed black car. Being almost totally demolished on the left side, the car seems to be crushed hard by something very big onto the road divider. The divider that separated the road from dangerous deep slope at the corner. What if the divider…
 
 
Junhyung shivered at that thought. He understands something right now. This is Hyunseung`s car. HisHyunseung`s black Mini Copper car. With two white stripes on both sides of the car, no doubt is Hyunseung`s. Hyunseung may have been taken to hospital right now. Right. But, what with these funny men from rescue team doing here? There nothing more to rescue right? His Hyunseung have been taken to somewhere safe right? Right?

 
Slowly, with trembling hand, he gets out from his car, walked slowly to a big-build man in officer uniform. The officer was currently talking to someone with his walkie-talkie.
 
Kangin noticed Junhyung with his large shade and gave out a small sigh.
 
 
“Sungmin-shii, tell the boys that Mr.Yong just arrived here,”Kangin told the man next to him. The man named Sungmin excused himself and leaved Kangin and Junhyung.
 
“What the hell is this? What are they searching for down there? Where…where Hyunseung? Didn`t he already being taken to the hospital? “Junhyung asked Officer Kangin with shaky voice.
 
 
Kangin paused for a second. Confused. “Mr.Yong, your manager didn`t tell you? There is no record of Hyunseung being taken to any hospital nearby. So, we… we thought he might fall…
 
 
Junhyung heard no more.
 
 
“Eh…WAIT, WAIT, MR.YONG!!”
 
Kangin tried to prevent the furious Junhyung from getting any closer to the region where ‘CAUTION’ yellow stripes where placed all over the dangerous corner.
 
 
“LET ME GO!!”Junhyung felling like want to punch Kangin.
 
Three men from the rescue team that just climbed up from the deep slope down there startled at the scenario in front of them.
 

“CALM DOWN, WILL YA??!! THERE IS NO POINT IF YOU JUMP TO!! WE WILL FIND HIM!! EVEN IF IT JUST THE CORPSE!!

 
CORPSE.
 
That single word hit Junhyung very hard. His attempt to loose himself from Kangin`s grip weaken. Corpse? You mean dead body? DEAD? Junhyung looked at Kangin with wide red eyes.
 
 
Kangin know that look very well. A fear of losing somebody they love. He sighed before patted Junhyung`s shoulder a little,
 
“I`m very sorry Mr.Yong but if it is true that your band mate was down there, the possibility that he was still alive were almost none”
 
 
Through the younger`s black thick shade, Kangin could see tears start to flow slowly from the idol`s cheeks.
 
“The hope may still exist if someone reports this earlier but as you can see here, this highway was old and people used it rarely.”
 
 
Junhyung know that fact very well. He himself never chooses this route and prefers the new South-East Highway. To make thing worse, this highway was closed due to the landfall caused by heavy downpours a week ago. What make Hyunseung being here? Junhyung begging someone would tell him. Wait….
 
“Captain Kangin, we found something.”One of the rescuers finally approached Kangin and brought a wood replica of tree to their view. The tree was covered with variety colors of clear crystals as it leaves.

Kangin awed at the replica. It will be more beautiful if half of the tree were not broken apart. Junhyung stiffened

.

This…
 



*flashback*
 

19th May, a week before, 10 : 45pm

 

“You want to sleep already?” Junhyung asked when Hyunseung kissed his lip twice before heading to their bed. Hyunseung climbed their shared bed and set up his alarm.

 

“Yep. Remember about the surprise that I will give you for our anniversary? “Hyunseung smiled seductively. He hugged the pinkish puffy pillow in front of him. 

 
Junhyung turned his view from the music notes that currently he working on and raise one of his eye brows, try to remember something. Ok, maybe not.

Hyunseung pouted before covered himself with the red silky blanket.

“It`s ok if you don`t remember. The thing is, I have to claim that thing early in the morning tomorrow. Mr.Kim said that he has to take an urgent flight at 8, so I have to be there before 6.30”

 

“Where were you going actually?
 
Junhyung can`t help to be curious. It`s ok to not know what the surprise is, but Hyunseung also refuse to tell him where he purchased or ordered that so-called surprise.
 
 
“I`m not telling you. Ha. Ha. Ha. Well, good night.”Hyunseung rested his head on the pillow. Junhyung started to smirk, thinking something naughty.
 
“Em...I think this prince wants to accompany his princess,” Junhyung teased, stretched his arms and got up from the chair.

Hyunseung, with his eyes wide open, jerked up simultaneously.

“YONG JUNHYUNG. STOP. RIGHT THERE. IF NOT. I WON`T BE ABLE TO DRIVE TOMORROW.”

 

Hyunseung said that with slow but clear voice. He really meant what he said. Junhyung just laughed before surrendered and sat back on his chair.

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

Junhyung can feel his eyelids become heavier.
 
 
 
************
 
 
Heechul snapped his fingers.

“Oit, do you understand what I just explained to you?”He asked Leeteuk that currently have his mouth wide open. Leeteuk blinked innocently.

“I…em…actually...I not quite understand…em...can you explain again?” Leeteuk lifted his hands to his chin, paying more attention. Both of them now at Heechul`s office, looking at Hyunseung`s X-ray slides.

 

Heechul sighed.
 
“Well, you better. If not, I will not have the confidence to let you take care of him. Listen, the thing is..
 
 
Ring..ring…
 
…what a sec.” Heechul pulled out his phone from the pocket. Looked at the caller ID, his eye brows frowned.
 
 
“Wow, this is rare.”
 
“What? Who is it? “ Leeteuk asked. Curious.
 
 
“Kangin.”
 
 
**********
 
 
Seoul, at the same time.

 

Lee Joon had stared for almost 15 minutes at the wrapped box on his lap.

 
What if hyung refuse to accept this again?”
 
The blonde man smiled bitterly. Yeah, hyung always hate me. Of course he will not accept anything from me.
 
 
He finally decided to put aside the box and continued to place his clothes into his leather luggage.
 
As Lee Joon just lifted his body to get some toiletry, his phone rang.

“Chendoong, what is it?”

 
“Hyung, are you still in Seoul?”
 
“Yeah, why?”Lee Joon asked while his right hand reached for his after-shave cream in the bathroom`s cabinet.
 
 
“Oh, thank God. Well, you know…the truth is..em, can you replace me for the 10Asia Interview this coming Saturday?”
 
“WHAT?!! Why?” Lee Joon demanded an answer, slightly irritated. He tossed the cream bottle together with his toothpaste into his bag pack.
 
 
“You know that Dara-noona just have her first baby. The situation here is, her husband will be outstation that day. So, he asked me to keep an eye on her.”
 
Lee Joon smiled. Yeah, right. He think I didn`t know that he just have brotherly-complex over his noona.
 
 
The blonde man stay silent for a few seconds before answering Chendoong`s request,
 
“Ok,ok. I will.”He guest he didn`t have any excuse to avoid the asking.

“Yea!!! Thank you!!Thank you very much!! Sent my regard to your hyung when you get there.”

‘Alright, alright, I will,” Lee Joon could hear Cheendong`s giggle before he ended the call.

Lee Joon laid himself on the sofa. His eyes wondered across his living room before rested at the wrapped box beside him.

 

Sometimes, he really jealous over Chendoong and his noona. They love and taking care of each other very much although Chendoong was just an adopted son.

Why he and his brother can`t be like them?

He looked at the box once again. His lip start to curve upwardly before turned into a smile.

 
I will not give up.




TO BE CONTINUED~~~~