❤Chapter 7- Heart's Blossom 1 ✿ Discovering The Petals of Friendship

Promise: You're my friend

Luhan’s Plot (7 years old)

*Luhan's thoughts are as blue as the sky on a sunny day...*

Luhan woke up early, not because he was a morning person…let’s just say that some early friends made almost every kind of noise to wake up a person in 30 seconds. Luhan was extremely irritated with the noise of the birds singing in his ears, since they lived up on the trees.

Great! I can already see how this day will be bad…

The birds always sang every morning, but today they sang a little louder…perhaps it was because the day was so beautiful or maybe it was only Luhan focusing on the bad things...who knows?

Either ways, the sky was made of a bright blue canvas and the sun was shining so much that it could blind. Though it was really hot and that you would probably need to use loads of sunscreen, it was a good day. I mean…it was a good day for everyone, except for Luhan...at least that was what he thought.

 How could this be a good day if he was alone, if he didn’t have his parents, if he didn’t see Minhee? Would she keep her promise? Would she help him? How many days would he keep living like that? Actually, would he even see her again? They only knew each other for a couple of minutes, an hour at the very most… Those types of thoughts irrupted through Luhan’s little head, over and over again.

He just wanted to be a normal kid, why did his parents die? He didn’t want to live as an orphan, but there was nothing he could do.

He remembered how much pain he had when someone called to his preschool, leaving his teacher the nightmare to  tell that her student’s parents died in a car accident when he was only 5 years old. That teacher was so kind to Luhan. She treated him like he was her son even before Luhan’s parents died. Luhan really liked her, but he couldn't really remember her name, nor her face...He tried to erase it from his memory, he tried to delete everything that made him hurt, though sometimes it wouldn't go away like he wanted. 

Luhan looked to the roof or in another words, a roof that wasn't a roof anymore...He could freely look up to the sky through the big hole in the roof. He saw how the sun was so dazzling and remembered the lyrics of a song that his teacher used to sing.

----------Flashback-------------

If you block your heart from the happiness, how do you expect it to come to you? You have to open your heart and mind, you have to unlock the door of your heart for it to come. Don't lock the doors forever, just because happiness didn't come today...Who knows? Maybe it would come an hour later...and then you would be regretting.

----------------------------------------

The teacher used to sing him that song constantly, since Luhan was a boy that would get sulky very easily and with that, he would be angry all day.

He actually never understood quite well what his teacher was saying, but he was smart enough to understand that the meaning was supposed not to let a bad moment ruin his day. Great things could happen at anytime.

And so, Luhan tried to keep those words in his mind for the day. He tried to remember all the good things at the moment.

Ah, the day is so beautiful. Minhee will probably come here, since it's such a good day. Hmm....Maybe I should do something for her...

Minhee is so kind...she is like...she is like...

Luhan went down the shabby stairs and looked at the park where there were already some kids playing and laughing without any worries, at the most innocent and fun phase of life...

He still didn't know how to describe Minhee, he knew she was incredible and kind in his eyes, but still...it was hard to do it.

Maybe I should ask the other kids, they should know what to give to a girl.

Luhan went to talk with a boy and a girl that were playing at the swings, they looked a bit older, like 1 year or so. 

-Annyeong! Can I play with you?

The boy and the girl looked at each other, and then they smiled.

Luhan was kind of surprised since almost everyone was rude to him.

-Sure!- The boy talked in a lively tone. 

The girl smiled:

-My name is Sophie and this is my brother, Allen.

-My name is Luhan. Your names are different from the usual, do you live in another place?

-I knew you would notice! We were born in the US and we live there, so our parents gave us an American name. We are here to visit our family.- Allen said- Your name sounds quite different too, you know?

-Haha, yeah my parents are from China...But I was born here.- Luhan said with an half-hearted smile.

 -Did you come alone Luhan?- Sophie asked.

-Ahm...

Ok... what do I say? If I say I came alone they will think my parents don't take care of me, and if I tell them about my parents, they will go away, just like the others (except Minhee, of course). Well, when in doubt, just say the truth...or half of it...

-Yeah, I came alone. But I am waiting for someone.

-Oh really? Who?- The boy asked.

Euff...I'm glad they didn't try to ask me more about coming alone.

-It's a friend of mine...- Luhan kind of innocently smiled when he said that.

-Ahh~~~It's a girl, right? - They said in chorus and then laughed together.- Telephatic twins!!

-Oh! Are you twins? 

-Yeah, false twins.- Allen said- We are nothing alike, but sometimes we have this kind of telephaty, you know?...

-Haha, I would never have known you were twins.

-Haha, by the way, is your friend a girl? Maybe I could play with her when she arrives...-Sophie said smiling from cheek to cheek.

-Yes, she is a girl, but she's younger. I don't know when she will come...(maybe never) I don't think you will be able to see her S-Sop-phie.-Luhan said having a bit of difficulty pronouncing Sophie's name.

-Oh, it's ok. What's not ok is how you pronounce my name, but I'll let it pass for now.-She smirked.

Luhan laughed.

-By the way, I actually wanted to ask you something...What kind of present should you give to a girl?

-Uhhh...Luhan likes a girl~~~- Allen said half-singing, half-talking.

-It's not that.-Luhan blushed- I'm just grateful to her for something...

-Well, as a girl I have to say that all girls like pink cute little things, so why not give her a present like that?

-Sophie, not EVERY girl likes pink!- Allen said.

-How do you know Allen? Are you a girl?

Luhan and Sophie started laughing.

-No, but for example our older sis hates pink.

-Oh okay, Mr. "I'm always right" Allen.- Sophie crossed her arms and faked being grumpy all of a sudden.

They are nice!! It's bad that they don't live in here though...

-Hmm...From what I've been seeing, all girls like flowers.-Allen suddenly said.

-Wow, great idea Allen!! It's true, all girls like flowers!! Thanks Allen.- Luhan said while he was asking himself how could he forget something like that.

 

Yes, Luhan knew not every girl liked flowers...but flowers reminded of someone he loved with all his heart. He remembered how much his mom liked flowers... I mean, actually she didn't like it, she LOVED flowers. Flowers made his mom's eyes sparkle in unison with the sight of the colors of the different "magical blossoming living beings", like his mother used to say.

Ah...how much he loved those moments when his dad bought flowers for his mom, and how much he liked when his mom explained some flowers' meanings and stories... 

--------Flashback--------

-Luhan! Luhan!- Luhan's dad whispered.

Luhan was still asleep...even though he had 5 years and thought he was already a big boy, he still sleeped like a baby...and he was still a baby.

-Pàba~~- Luhan said to his dad in chinese, while his eyes were still closed and his voiced sounded sleepy.- Sleeeepy~~I'm sleeeepy~~

-I know Luhan, but do you not remember about our plans for today?

Luhan didn't answer. 

-Luhan, don't be like that. We are going to buy flowers for Māmā since she will work all day and only the two of us are going to the zoo...Do you want Māmā to feel lonely all day?

-No...I don't want that...-Luhan started to strech his arms and yawning.- Let's buy the flowers then!!

-Ah! That's my Luhan!- Luhan's dad said as their hands met each other for a little slap,

or as other like to call it, high-five.

------------------------------

-Not ALL girls like flowers too!!- Sophie said emphasizing "ALL" just like his brother did before.- I don't like them, for example.

-But you're not a girl, Allen said.

-Then what am I, a duck?

-No, a pig who likes pink things.- Allen said with a big grin in his face.

Luhan couldn't help, but smile too.

-Yah!!! Nam Allen!! We may be twins, but I'm still older than you!! I'm your noona!!- Sophie said while hitting his brother lightly on the shoulder.

Allen tried to escape his sister while laughing.

Wah... I wish I could have a sister, I wish I could have a noona...

While the word "noona" echoed into his head, Luhan remembered when Minhee accepted his request to call her

the same word that younger brothers could exchange with their older sisters.

Well, I have a noona too. Luhan smiled to himself.

-So flowers it is?- Allen asked Luhan.

-Yes, thanks again, it's like the perfect present!

-You're welcome Luhan dongsaeng.- Allen patted Luhan's head.

-Psst...-Sophie was still sulking, even after his brother said sorry to her.

-C'mon Sophie.-Allen touched elbows with his twin sister.

-Okay...I also think flowers are fine...though she would like more if it was a cute pink little thing...-Sophie mumbled the last part.

-So..now do you want to play?- Allen asked them.

Luhan actually wanted to find the right flower for Minhee, but he decided to do it later. Now all he wanted to do was to enjoy his time with his new friends. Probably the only ones that he would ever have, besides Minhee.

 

Author's Note

It's been such a long time. I mean I don't update since September 2013, talk about lazy writer.

A lot of things happened through these years. EXO members are not the same physically, but they will always be 12 in my heart.

This story is not the same with all the things that happened, but I still wish I could finish it. Maybe it will be a little shorter than what I planned, but I want to update it more regularly.

I also have grown a lot as an individual since 2 years ago, so I also can't really identify myself with some parts of this story, but I want to give it a try. 

Sorry for taking so long, I guess the people that read this story, won't even read it anymore XP

I actually had this chapter finished since ages ago and I mean ages like years, but I always doubted if I could continue this...

Anyways, I would like to know your opinion about this story/chapter.

 

Love, mint