e r

begin a g a i n 。

Lene Marlin - Here We Are


“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
― William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

My name is Byun Baekhyun .

Does my name sounds familiar to you ?

I hope it does .

I am 24 years old this year .

And , I am working in my father's company as a CFO .

Do not tell me that you don't know what CFO means .

Go , take your own dictionary and look up for it .

Or to make it easier , search up that word on Google or YaHoo .

Once again , do not tell me that you do not know Google or YaHoo .

They are the main sources to the knowledge .

But , hey I prefer books instead . It gives me a vibe that I even cannot describe .


" What do you mean by vibe ? "

My hands stop moving as I heard a voice behind my back .

" You know that I don't like it when someone appeared out of nowhere and then trying to disturb my privacy ? "

It takes 10 seconds for him to get it .

" Who does not know about that ? Me and the other ten of your friends know about it so much . Why are you asking such a dumb question , Baekhyun ? "

I look at him with a ' what-the-heck-do-you-mean ' face .

" I'm glad that you know it , Park Chanyeol . "

A smile starts to form on his lips .

" Then , why are you doing the same mistake over and over again ? You know it but you never follow it . Now , look who is the dumb one here . "

The smile quickly vanishes from his face and a pout replaces his smile .

" Just forget about that . Oh , hey . Do you remember Kris's fiancee , Ai Xin ? "

Baekhyun nods at Chanyeol slowly , as he is trying to remember her face .

" Oh well , she will making a party tonight at our usual place because Kris got promoted , " Chanyeol says while he is looking himself in front of the mirror .

" Now , don't say you will not join us tonight . You rarely hangs out with us . You always into your works so much and somehow , we felt bad for you because you seems do not have a life , Baekhyun , " he adds with his eyes shooting daggers towwards Baekhyun .

It is true , after all . He is not the same person as he used to be in high school . He used to be the moodmaker among his friends , one of the craziest person along with Chanyeol and Chen . Byun Baekhyun now is different . He rarely have anytime with his friends and even with himself . His daily routine is sleep , eat , work , eat , work , eat and sleep . That's all . As much as Baekhyun wants to change , he does not have any courage to do it . He depends on fate and time .

But that day , he feels different .

His heart is telling him to go .

He looks at Chanyeol and let out a sigh .

" Yes . I will come . "

Chanyeol pumps up his fist to the air and quickly takes his phone from the pocket of his pants .

He must talking about this to the others .

He quickly saves the post before shutting down his laptop .

Just as Baekhyun wants to get up to change , his eyes stops at a picture frame near his laptop .

The photo of him and a girl were smiling as they looked into each other's eyes .

Where are you ?


" Come on , Yoonjo . You need to come ! "

Yoonjo gives an annoying face to Hyelim , who is following her from the start she stepped into the house until now , in the middle of going to the bathroom .

" Nu - uh "

Yoonjo wanted to step into the bathroom when she feels a pair of hands on both her legs .

" What are you doing , Kim Hyelim ? Let go of my legs ! " she shouts as she is trying to remove her legs from Hyelim's hands .

" I will not stop until you say yes and go to the party with me . "

Yoonjo looks at Hyelim and then , to the clock on the wall .

" How many hours till to the party ? "

Her question makes Hyelim squeals and let go of her legs .

" An hour and a half ! "

Yoonjo let out a sigh and goes into the bathroom , leaving the excited Hyelim outside .

Why did I say yes ? What makes me to go ?


Hyelim holds Yoonjo's hands and she pulls Yoonjo inside the club .

As she stepped inside , Yoonjo automatically closes her eyes when the lights pratically go to her sight .

The loud music starts to make her dizzy and she grips onto Hyelim's hand tightly .

She hears someone called her name and looks up , only to see Ara and Nara are smiling at her .

" I can't believe this . Shin Yoonjo , finally , in a place like this , " Joohee exclaimed and walks up to Yoonjo .

Hyelim snorts , loud enough for four of them to hear .

" If it's not because of me , stopping her from went to the bathroom with holding her legs , I don't think she will be able to be here . "

Yoonjo glares at her as she takes a seat beside Ara .

" Drink , miss ? "

She looks up to see a bartender smiles at her .

" Just gives me .. a glass of orange juice ? Thank you , " she says and turns around only to see weird responses from the girls .

" What ? "

Hyelim shook her head slightly and Joohee nearly want to hit her head to the chair .

As time passed , Yoonjo starts to feel regret for saying yes .

She just sit there with Ara beside her .

The others gone to dance among the crowds .

" How are you doing lately , Yoonjo ? "

Ara's question pulls Yoonjo from her deep thoughts .

" I'm okay . Just a bit tired , " she replies and gives a small smile to Ara .

Yoo Ara is the first person that became her friend at her college years . Both of them were taking the same course and also sharing an apartment together . Ara introduced her to Hyelim , Joohee and Nara and that's how they became friend . At first , Hyelim was curious how Ara and Yoonjo ended up as friends , seeing both of them always been the quiet ones . Never try to make a talk unless it's necessary . Yoonjo trusts Ara and the same with Ara . Both of them shares secrets to each other and you know , doing things like any other friends do .

They never shows it too much on public .

Because , they are the quiet  ones.

Yoonjo is about to ask a question when she sees Ara is looking behind her .

She turns around only to see a familiar man is talking to another man .

" Ara , it's him . That's him ! "

She says after she turned back to Ara .


Hai ? I know I supposed to be on hiatus right now but today is Lay's birthday ! So , I think I will change the plot a bit from what I wrote a few months ago . New ideas keep coming up and after comparing the new idea to the old one , I decided to stick with the new idea . Enjoy this short update and I'm so sorry that it's not Baekhyun fully in this chapter . I pomised that the next chapter will be him , just like I did with Yoonjo at the first chapter .

Comments are really LOVED and WANTED .

eue ;

farania is signing out !